Peoples posts not showing??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
    Yeh , I seem to have a few missing posts ( not a bad thing some might say). Just grateful that there are people willing to put their time and their effort into fixing it.
    We should be thanking them not criticising them. Every new thing can have hiccups.
    Thanks for the kind words Davie.
    If it's any consolation, I've hit my 6000 post count 3 times in the past week, it's like the gift that keeps on giving
    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
    Work Best When Open...
    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post

Special cases? Wow. It was obviously a joke. Should have added a smiley to the post though. Anyway; On the whole, I would like you to stop digging me out on here a rest for a while. ....
      Wow. Firstly, it clearly wasn't read as a joke by anyone and the rest of the special cases just followed on with their own conspiracy theories. Secondly, please feel free to point out the last time I even commented on anything you said let alone wasted time digging you out for it.
      #standuptocancer
      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

The old forum was working fine but it was outdated, however I did have people telling me that it wasn't so good on their phones and tablets, it needed updating.

Before we had more people using desktop computers, now it's more mobile/tablet users online.

Fans enjoy using this site and if we don't move with times then the enjoyment will no longer be there for you.

Also the fact, you can't please everyone, but I can please the majority.

Some of you are absolutely correct in regards to ad revenue, I've never hid the fact and my visions for the site were clear. To provide us fans with a website which can pay for it self, make monthly donations and give away prizes. My dream was to be able to offer match day tickets to prize winners, although I only managed it last year, at least I fulfilled a dream of mine, it's just a shame I can no longer keep that going. The site has been making a loss past few seasons, and I did buy the upgraded forum a few years back. The reason why I didn't upgrade until now was, I thought we'd wait for the problems the forum had, it's new and we waited a year or two before making that change. We did test it first, however because it was only used by a few we couldn't see how it would react when it was running live. Had we of known, we never would've made the change.

If we go back to the old forum, we will lose all posts made since after the new change, so the only option I have left is to pay for a more powerful dedicated server which will cost me over £100 a month now, we are no longer covering the cost right now. At this moment in time I'm using the money the site had saved up, it was for this very reason as we never know which problems may arise. I have a few months left then I'll have to fund it myself with whatever the site generates. I don't mind doing this because fans from over 80 different countries visit this site each month, it's a place where fans can come and enjoy one another's company and discuss all things QPR. I'm sure you, as I have made some really good friends on here and I want that to continue. I've also stated that I what this site to remain free, and make charity donations. From next month I'll have no choice but to stop all our charity donations, until I can find another way of making it work. Truth is I still want everything I wanted for this site, I'm just going to have to work harder and find a way forward. We did it before and we'll do it again.

As of now, the site is having major issues, so my priority is to get the site stable. That is why we're now going to move to a more expensive and powerful server, if this fails then I'll be stuck paying for it for 12 months, and we'll have to find a system that works for the site for the duration.

Over the past 11 years, all the Admin and Mods, here now and who have left have supported me and my dreams, together we've donated over thousand or two to charity, plus we've given away prizes paid from the club shop. I purchased two season tickets and give them away as prizes, and given them away to fans who travelled to London, who live abroad. Reason why I did that was because I know it cost a lot of money to travel to the UK, as fans, we on this site have played our part in providing two match day tickets and made our own fans very happy. It's one of the reasons I won't give up, I'm doing this just as much for them and their hard work, as well as for you and I.

I don't want people to know who I am, I just like to see our fans happy, it makes me happy.

On behalf of myself and the Admin team, we apologise for these issues, we're also have no fun. We know the site has issues, it will be resolved very soon.

Agoodm is the person who I pay to manage our server, and he's been working really hard trying to fix the issues. We'll be moving to a new server, so please take it easy until we get there, that's all I ask.

Thanks

Comment

I also made a post this morning which took a while for it to show, it will show and no posts should get lost.

Once we move, this problem will be gone hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post

Wow. Firstly, it clearly wasn't read as a joke by anyone and the rest of the special cases just followed on with their own conspiracy theories. Secondly, please feel free to point out the last time I even commented on anything you said let alone wasted time digging you out for it.
            Please not label people as special cases. That is rude in my opinion. Now on to the more tecnical side of it: The rest of the staff has explained why the site has had it`s problems in the past in a very polite and humourous way.
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

Please not label people as special cases. That is rude in my opinion. Now on to the more tecnical side of it: The rest of the staff has explained why the site has had it`s problems in the past in a very polite and humourous way.
              The people digging out the site are making themselves special cases. Your opinion doesn't match mine, there is nothing rude other than the constant suggestions of impropriety. I also have pointed out issues in the same way as other admins and yet some still chose to create images of underhand dealings. That IS rude and so is the making of allegations that you have been invited to back up but can't.
              #standuptocancer
              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post

The people digging out the site are making themselves special cases. Your opinion doesn't match mine, there is nothing rude other than the constant suggestions of impropriety. I also have pointed out issues in the same way as other admins and yet some still chose to create images of underhand dealings. That IS rude and so is the making of allegations that you have been invited to back up but can't.
                Well, my comment regarding censorship was a joke, but I forgot to add a smiley,
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Well, my comment regarding censorship was a joke, but I forgot to add a smiley,
                  It wasn't funny, and my point was simple, if you don't want to be part of the special crew, don't post stupid stuff. Simple
                  #standuptocancer
                  #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post

To try and cover costs. He can reply to this himself but the way I see it...MYU is a QPR fan. He is proud of the site and wants to keep it running. He is competitive with other sites in that he wants this site to be popular so making it mobile friendly is crucial.
                    Wrong.
                    Other sites are trying to be competitive with us.
                    This is by far the best rangers forum out there.

BTW, where is Kevin Mc?
                    Have not seen him post for a while. Hope he is alright.
                    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post

Wrong.
                      Other sites are trying to be competitive with us.
                      This is by far the best rangers forum out there.

BTW, where is Kevin Mc?
                      Have not seen him post for a while. Hope he is alright.
                      There's a few MIA since the upgrade, Kev Mc, Weare to name but a few, once all the issues are resolved, we will try to reach out to all missing members and help them get back on.
                      Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                      Work Best When Open...
                      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                        The old forum was working fine but it was outdated, however I did have people telling me that it wasn't so good on their phones and tablets, it needed updating.

Before we had more people using desktop computers, now it's more mobile/tablet users online.

Fans enjoy using this site and if we don't move with times then the enjoyment will no longer be there for you.

Also the fact, you can't please everyone, but I can please the majority.

Some of you are absolutely correct in regards to ad revenue, I've never hid the fact and my visions for the site were clear. To provide us fans with a website which can pay for it self, make monthly donations and give away prizes. My dream was to be able to offer match day tickets to prize winners, although I only managed it last year, at least I fulfilled a dream of mine, it's just a shame I can no longer keep that going. The site has been making a loss past few seasons, and I did buy the upgraded forum a few years back. The reason why I didn't upgrade until now was, I thought we'd wait for the problems the forum had, it's new and we waited a year or two before making that change. We did test it first, however because it was only used by a few we couldn't see how it would react when it was running live. Had we of known, we never would've made the change.

If we go back to the old forum, we will lose all posts made since after the new change, so the only option I have left is to pay for a more powerful dedicated server which will cost me over £100 a month now, we are no longer covering the cost right now. At this moment in time I'm using the money the site had saved up, it was for this very reason as we never know which problems may arise. I have a few months left then I'll have to fund it myself with whatever the site generates. I don't mind doing this because fans from over 80 different countries visit this site each month, it's a place where fans can come and enjoy one another's company and discuss all things QPR. I'm sure you, as I have made some really good friends on here and I want that to continue. I've also stated that I what this site to remain free, and make charity donations. From next month I'll have no choice but to stop all our charity donations, until I can find another way of making it work. Truth is I still want everything I wanted for this site, I'm just going to have to work harder and find a way forward. We did it before and we'll do it again.

As of now, the site is having major issues, so my priority is to get the site stable. That is why we're now going to move to a more expensive and powerful server, if this fails then I'll be stuck paying for it for 12 months, and we'll have to find a system that works for the site for the duration.

Over the past 11 years, all the Admin and Mods, here now and who have left have supported me and my dreams, together we've donated over thousand or two to charity, plus we've given away prizes paid from the club shop. I purchased two season tickets and give them away as prizes, and given them away to fans who travelled to London, who live abroad. Reason why I did that was because I know it cost a lot of money to travel to the UK, as fans, we on this site have played our part in providing two match day tickets and made our own fans very happy. It's one of the reasons I won't give up, I'm doing this just as much for them and their hard work, as well as for you and I.

I don't want people to know who I am, I just like to see our fans happy, it makes me happy.

On behalf of myself and the Admin team, we apologise for these issues, we're also have no fun. We know the site has issues, it will be resolved very soon.

Agoodm is the person who I pay to manage our server, and he's been working really hard trying to fix the issues. We'll be moving to a new server, so please take it easy until we get there, that's all I ask.

Thanks
                        Top man MYU, a lot of respect to you and all the mods/admin. Tbh i had know idea what went into this site and how much time and energy you put into it, so I guess Id like to say a thank you. Also out of all people, Im top of the list for not liking change, believe me. But as you say, weve got to move with the times and be patient. So for what its worth youve got my patience because I know youll carry on making this the top site that it is.
                        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post

Top man MYU, a lot of respect to you and all the mods/admin. Tbh i had know idea what went into this site and how much time and energy you put into it, so I guess Id like to say a thank you. Also out of all people, Im top of the list for not liking change, believe me. But as you say, weve got to move with the times and be patient. So for what its worth youve got my patience because I know youll carry on making this the top site that it is.
                          Thank you for your kind words Nick and Jimmy.
                          Last edited by MYU; 03-05-2018, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                            Personally I don't care if the owners make £1m a week. Good luck to them.

The amount of time, effort and money put in to running this FREE site for us they should be getting something back.

Ive never paid one penny piece to use WATRB so whatever they earn fair play.
                            With you mate.

MYU and rest of the Mods/Admins do a great job and never ask us for a penny. I believe every word when they say it's not a profitable enterprise. And even it did make a few quid, I wouldn't begrudge them that.

Some people on this thread need to have a word with themselves.

Comment

We are all very grateful to those who provide and maintain the site. If it proves to be more expensive than envisaged, I hope the mods will consider some sort of pledge drive so that those who can might be able to help out in some way.

Comment

Right, new server... Enough resources to run the site as designed now without breaking my piggy bank. I've got all of the caching enabled at the moment with the configuration recommended by VB. This seems to cause a delay in posts appearing for guests only, which is acceptable. If you're logged in you see updates immediately. At least in my limited testing. Any comments re this welcomed?

Comment

Working...
                                X