No announcement yet.

Peoples posts not showing??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its caused by server side caching which is being used to make the performance workable at present. I'm working with VB regarding the performance issues.

Comment

Originally posted by agoodm View Post
      Its caused by server side caching which is being used to make the performance workable at present. I'm working with VB regarding the performance issues.
      Translation: Houston we have a problem and the people that designed the software are working with agoodmn to resolve
      Minds Are Like Parachutes.
      Work Best When Open...
      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Yes; I've disabled the heavy caching for now which resolves the issue but sends resource usage even higher, ill keep monitoring and only re enable it if I see issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
          No one makes money from the site
          erm...... if no one makes money from it, why bother with all the hassle updating it? Unless you want to increase the chances of making money, obviously, via mobile traffic.

That's fine, but simplest to just say so.

Comment

Should have run the new softwarre in sandbox to check most of these issues. Good fit for a Qpr website though.

#workinprogress
            https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post

erm...... if no one makes money from it, why bother with all the hassle updating it? Unless you want to increase the chances of making money, obviously, via mobile traffic.

Getting a little fed up with posts like this.

All ad revenue goes on funding the hosting etc now. Previously, any surplus went to the various charities but with the reduction in traffic, coupled with the increased costs, it looks like that will have to stop now until such time as the running costs are covered.

Why is it so difficult for some people to grasp that not everything in life is dictated by money and greed?

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post

All ad revenue goes on funding the hosting etc now. Previously, any surplus went to the various charities but with the reduction in traffic, coupled with the increased costs, it looks like that will have to stop now until such time as the running costs are covered.

Why is it so difficult for some people to grasp that not everything in life is dictated by money and greed?
                Why don´t you just admit, that you have made billions as admin on this site?
                https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post

Why don´t you just admit, that you have made billions as admin on this site?
                  It’s being put aside to deal with the FFP fine.

Comment

Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
                    Should have run the new softwarre in sandbox to check most of these issues. Good fit for a Qpr website though.

#workinprogress
                    We did, however its tricky to emulate the production load levels that might have exposed the fact the software is causing the creation of ondisk temporary tables for some common tasks which was swamping the disks in the usual server. Also I simply didnt expect VB would have increased the resource usage requirements for common tasks like moving or merging threads - need over 6GB of RAM to move or merge threads in the main forum which is crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post

Sad isn't it, what with this turd and suggestions of censorship and thread removal, we really do have some special cases on here.
                      #standuptocancer
                      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post

I'm seeing them

Do you have your filter (just under thread title on mobile) set to posts or latest activity? That was causing problems in the first few days after the update.
                        I was having exact same trouble as jimmy, but when I changed the filter to "latest activity" it sorted the problem.
                        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post

To try and cover costs. He can reply to this himself but the way I see it...MYU is a QPR fan. He is proud of the site and wants to keep it running. He is competitive with other sites in that he wants this site to be popular so making it mobile friendly is crucial.

Comment

Personally I don't care if the owners make £1m a week. Good luck to them.

The amount of time, effort and money put in to running this FREE site for us they should be getting something back.

Ive never paid one penny piece to use WATRB so whatever they earn fair play.

Comment

Yeh , I seem to have a few missing posts ( not a bad thing some might say). Just grateful that there are people willing to put their time and their effort into fixing it.
                              We should be thanking them not criticising them. Every new thing can have hiccups.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post

Sad isn't it, what with this turd and suggestions of censorship and thread removal, we really do have some special cases on here.
                                Special cases? Wow. It was obviously a joke. Should have added a smiley to the post though. Anyway; On the whole, I would like you to stop digging me out on here a rest for a while. ....
                                Last edited by Shania; 03-05-2018, 06:22 PM.
                                QPR
                                Best team in the world
                                Sort of

Comment

Working...
                                X