This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great news.....

That the big news thread was a winde up & our great man ollie remains in charge, looking forward to next season already, onwards & upwards

Just a quick short poll as supposedly 90% wanted rid of ollie last season, so doing another to see if anythings changed or got worse

Would you like ollie to remain the manager?
    yes
    36.99%
    no
    47.95%
    not sure
    15.07%
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Thought i had put so we can see whos voted but obviously not

Comment

Just tried to add (poll added) on the heading but couldnt, can a admin please put it in for me please as forgot to when posting & tried editing it but it wouldnt thanks.

Comment

Good thread mate and will be interesting see percentages

I voted no but did hover over not sure for a bit. Perhaps it should be a straight yes or no without not sure option

Comment

I voted Yes.

Whilst I do (to some extent) feel that Ollie has earned the right to see his contract out, I just feel we need to be in safer hands with all these precocious young talents coming through.

Edit.......sorry I actually voted No. Got confused when commenting thinking the vote was Yes for sack, and No for keep.
          Last edited by Tarbie; 30-04-2018, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            Good thread mate and will be interesting see percentages

I voted no but did hover over not sure for a bit. Perhaps it should be a straight yes or no without not sure option
            Nice1 westy, tried changing the heading but couldnt, so no doubt ill get pelters for that

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
              Thought i had put so we can see whos voted but obviously not
              I hope it's anonymous, I don't want anyone to think my support for Ollie is unwavering!
              @gatorTFC

Comment

I just wanted him to do the job properly from the outset. If he had and we were about 10th, then I doubt the matter would even have arisen.

As it happens, his rank stupidity and stubbornness has deservedly brought about all the criticism directed at him and the worry now surely, is the likelihood of him doing it all over again.

Comment

Nope. To little to late.

Steadied the ship but way to stubborn and erratic.

We're over the worst. Time to pass the baton on to a decent manager who can take this team on.

Comment

Voted no. Happy with some of the results at the end of the season but the three at the back/wingbacks business for most of the season (and some of his team selections throughout) is inexcusable for me. Of course it's great he got it right at the end but its baffling that it took him so long to figure out that four at the back might work better. Seemed obvious to just about everyone else. I'd far rather someone new come in during the summer and have a full preseason with the team rather than Ollie to lead us on another winless run, have to be sacked part way through next season then have someone brought in as damage control.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                      Nope. To little to late.

We're over the worst. Time to pass the baton on to a decent manager who can take this team on.
                      And who would that be? Someone who would be happy to sell our best players and then buy in the bargain bucket? Any manager of worth would wait for a decent job.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

And who would that be? Someone who would be happy to sell our best players and then buy in the bargain bucket? Any manager of worth would wait for a decent job.
                        Sorry I didn't realise you had a crystal ball.

What a poor presumptuous post.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

This is the problem, who is a realistic replacement?
                          @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                            Nope. To little to late.

Mmmm stubborn & erratic lol, cracks me up, youre looking in the mirror jimmy

Comment

I went for not sure.
                              As someone said on another thread, it got to the 5-2 Forest debacle before my patience with Ollie ran out, but we have been a different team since then, some much improved performances. Also rather excited about the young players coming through. Part of me thinks let's give Ollie til the end of his contract and let him ride off into the sunset having helped bring through some great young talent to the squad, where a brand new manager may upset all that and the youngsters won't be given a chance. AND what if someone like Sherwood comes in, who is 100% farking worse than Ollie?
                              The other part is thinking this is Ollie, he will no doubt at some point next season fark it up like an unstoppable lunatic.
                              So yeah, not sure.
                              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                              Pawel Wszolek - 6
                              Luke Freeman - 6
                              Matt Smith - 6
                              Ebere Eze - 4
                              Joel Lynch - 3
                              Tomer Hemed - 3
                              Toni Leistner - 2
                              Massimo Luongo- 2
                              Angel Rangel - 2