This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
    not sorry to burst your bubble Pinkster.................
    QPR owner Tony Fernandes refuses to rule out Ian Holloway departure
    • ‘We’ll have to analyse and say at the end of the season’
    • Owner also makes pledge on stadium in interview on fans’ podcast

Daniel Harris
    @DanielHarris
    Mon 30 Apr 2018 11.00 BSTLast modified on Mon 30 Apr 2018 13.58 BST Shares

92 Tony Fernandes poses for a selfie with QPR’s title-winning Ladies team in 2014.
    Tony Fernandes poses for a selfie with QPR’s title-winning Ladies team in 2014. Photograph: Javier Garcia/BPI/Rex
    Tony Fernandes, the founder of Air Asia and co-chairman of Queens Park Rangers, has graded himself C+ for his work at the club since taking over in August 2011. In a wide-ranging, hour-long interview with the Open All Rs podcast, he also explained why he is so optimistic for the future – though he was non-committal regarding the future of Ian Holloway.

“The manager has had his highs and has had his lows,” Fernandes said. “We’ll have to analyse and say at the end of the season: ‘Are we happy? Is he happy with us as shareholders? Is he happy with the squad? And then you make your decisions from there.”

more...............https://www.theguardian.com/football...P=share_btn_tw
    Saw what he said a few hours ago and there wasnt anything in there suggesting hes getting rid of ollie! as everyone knows my opinion, if he did i think he`ll regret it really do.
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
      [/B]

This has Chris Ramsey written all over it. as good of a job as he does in his present role, please, let's not go there again!
      Don't want Ramsey back as manager myself, regardless if it appears to be a good fit. Like the bloke and respect what he does. Leave him doing what he does best.

Steve McLaren is another name by the way. Always more of a Head Coach than a manager. Wouldn't be my choice, but also wouldn't be an awful appointment!
      Last edited by Tarbie; 30-04-2018, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Given the choice voted no as whilst things have been better of late his overall record is poor. He was criminally incompetent last season in almost taking us down and his illogical devotion to a system we just don't have the players for this season was baffling. Over time he has been unconvincing.

If he stays fine. Hopefully he will have FINALLY learned and will play to the team's strengths. It's when he tries to be clever he struggles as he simply isn't a clever manager.

Uncle less than supportive in that article. Don't necessarily read too much into that and fully expect Ollie to be here next season but would have expected usual glowing endorsement and it wasn't.

Comment

Voted No.

Club going nowhere with him in charge.
          Erratic, stubborn and too trigger happy with his gob instead of his brain.

Yes there's been an upturn in results BUT I don't believe for one nano second that they are down to him.

Get rid.

Comment

not sure. on one hand he's done what's asked of him, but on the other hand he's been erratic, inconsistent and still can't even make his mind up with the formation and the team. i think we could easily find a better manager out there who can take over and take us forward

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
              I went for not sure.
              As someone said on another thread, it got to the 5-2 Forest debacle before my patience with Ollie ran out, but we have been a different team since then, some much improved performances. Also rather excited about the young players coming through. Part of me thinks let's give Ollie til the end of his contract and let him ride off into the sunset having helped bring through some great young talent to the squad, where a brand new manager may upset all that and the youngsters won't be given a chance. AND what if someone like Sherwood comes in, who is 100% farking worse than Ollie?
              The other part is thinking this is Ollie, he will no doubt at some point next season fark it up like an unstoppable lunatic.
              So yeah, not sure.
              Good post Ninj....All the thoughts i have had

Comment

Remember this time last year? We were nip and tuck to stay up, had lots of wasters on the payroll and the future of youth prospects was quite bleak, we stayed up comfortably this season, which was a surprise to myself and probably many others, we're playing some good footbal,l at home anyway and the youth coming through looks promising, I think we should be starting the season with Ollie, I think he has earned that!
                @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post

Mmmm stubborn & erratic lol, cracks me up, youre looking in the mirror jimmy
                  Yea good comparison. A message board poster compared to the manager of a professional football club.

Try again fan boy

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

So you want rid of IH but can't offer an opinion on who should replace him?
                    If you bothered to read other threads sheep shagger I've either stated who I'd like or agreed with others suggestions on a possible replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

You've raised that argument a few times mate, as has Pinkie. Just cos somebody hasn't got a shortlist of preferred options for the next manager, doesn't mean they aren't correct in saying it's a good time for a change.

Ain't the fans job to decide who next. You'd hope a professional football club has their own systems in place to decide who the right manager to bring in is when a manager isn't doing well enough.
                      Literally have to spell it out for some of these donuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post

If you bothered to read other threads sheep shagger I've either stated who I'd like or agreed with others suggestions on a possible replacement.
                        Steady mate, ain't worth rowing over!

Comment

Originally posted by rodman View Post
                          Voted No.

Club going nowhere with him in charge.
                          Erratic, stubborn and too trigger happy with his gob instead of his brain.

Yes there's been an upturn in results BUT I don't believe for one nano second that they are down to him.

Get rid.
                          Spot on. The fella is a ticking time bomb. Can't handle pressure either. Awful trait for a manager.

Comment

Steady mate, ain't worth rowing over!
                            True Tarbs! I'll rest easy knowing pinkies man is now on borrowed time.

Defo rumblings from within. Tick tock.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post

True Tarbs! I'll rest easy knowing pinkies man is now on borrowed time.

Defo rumblings from within. Tick tock.
                              Yeah, I've heard a few things that that make me think it's imminent!

Comment

Yeah, I've heard a few things that that make me think it's imminent!
                                Bring it on.

Comment

Working...
                                X