No announcement yet.

Robinson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting back to Robinson. If he was on a wage of approx. £25k per week then his appearances have so far cost us over £133k per game.

Comment

Can see it from both sides and maybe we could have tried to agree a deal where we get one more season from him with a clause saying he could leave for a fixed feei if we do not get promoted. Would mean both parties win in every way.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
        Can see it from both sides and maybe we could have tried to agree a deal where we get one more season from him with a clause saying he could leave for a fixed feei if we do not get promoted. Would mean both parties win in every way.
        Would be allowed mate. Can't demand a fee for a player that is out of contract. Unless you are saying give him a 2 or 3 year deal with release clauses?

Problem with this one is that going into the last 6 months of his deal, Robbo was barely in the picture. His best performances have come right at the end of his contract, and a player in his last 6 months is permitted to speak to other clubs. Just one of those things, would have needed a crystal ball to prevent this scenario occurring really.

Of course we could have done ourselves a favour by getting a contract offer to him sooner. Would have also been preferable that the manager didn't tell him he wasn't needed jut prior to him getting a run of games. But it is what it is, and I don't really think the player deserves too much animosity for how he's handed things!
        Last edited by Tarbie; 30-04-2018, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Exactly that Tarbie a bit like Ferguson did with Ronaldo before he went to Madrid.

Comment

Don’t blame him for getting off. He’s been treated pretty poorly since he joined

Plus he’s got no loyalty to the club, football is his job no more no less, if we were team he supported then perhaps there is loyalty but that aside we’re his employer.

We’re no more then a chapter in any future autobiography

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
              Don’t blame him for getting off. He’s been treated pretty poorly since he joined

Plus he’s got no loyalty to the club, football is his job no more no less, if we were team he supported then perhaps there is loyalty but that aside we’re his employer.

We’re no more then a chapter in any future autobiography
              This is the point I was trying to make mate.

Few people on here saying it's wrong for him to go on a free after we "stood by him" through his injury. Like we'd do anything other. If somebody get's injured doing their job they should be taken care of by their employers, least they can do.

As you say, we haven't treated him particularly well, and we've given him the opportunity to walk on a free. I also suspect we've offered him a smaller contract than he could get elsewhere, and we offered it way too late in the day. Don't know what other result everyone expected!

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                Getting back to Robinson. If he was on a wage of approx. £25k per week then his appearances have so far cost us over £133k per game.
                There is no way we signed a Liverpool reserve on 25kpw

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post

There is no way we signed a Liverpool reserve on 25kpw
                  At the time a current England U23 player signed in our Prem days. Would not be far off it some of the wages we were paying.

Comment

Prob over at the clottage .....*&%$$%^&*^%!!!

Comment

Actually expect him to sign and be captain

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                        Actually expect him to sign and be captain
                        Can't see it mate.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          He’s been treated pretty poorly since he joined
                          Really? How's that?

He was sitting on his arris injured for 2 years

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post

Really? How's that?

He was sitting on his arris injured for 2 years
                            Here's a question then mate. If you picked up an injury whilst doing your job, would you expect to still be paid as per your contract? Would you expect to be judged for "sitting on your arris" if you didn't show up to work whilst recuperating from surgery as a result of your injury?

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Here's a question then mate. If you picked up an injury whilst doing your job, would you expect to still be paid as per your contract? Would you expect to be judged for "sitting on your arris" if you didn't show up to work whilst recuperating from surgery as a result of your injury?
                              Absolutely no but I'll tell you what I would do. I'd give something back to the company who stood by me and paid me in the time I couldn't do anything for them.

But thats just me. I'd feel as if I owed them something back from me and would be happy to do my bit as a mark of thanks.

Comment

Also doubt he would expect to be loaned out the day after signing for us?

Comment

Working...
                                X