Chris Ramsey QPR manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Ramsey QPR manager

I might get savaged for this but would Chris Ramsey be the worst appointment now we are a championship side with a raft of youth coming through?

I was critical of Ramsey and his appointment at the time but in hindsight he was literally thrown to the lions. He had no chance.

A club in turmoil, struggling in the PL, players on fortunes who didn't give a monkeys. He had no chance and was just trying to fight fires at the time.

He now would have an average squad with a multitude of talented youngsters coming through to work with. He has a fantastic record with young players and despite the expected rough start within the youth set up they are now doing really well on all levels.

We have not seen a batch of young players hit the first team like this in my lifetime. Credit to him for that.

I think we should keep our our feet on the ground, don't look for big name managers and appointing Ramsey someone who knows the club and set up / players inside out could be a really shrewd move. Make no bones about it, he'd of learned a hell of a lot since the last debacle.

Its all about timing & then wasn't right, I believe now could be.

Not for me Jimmy. Love the idea of a good coach to bring these boys on and not a stone age typical british manager. Would be a great number 2 to a young man looking to build a careeras a manager

Comment

Personally think it will be Mc Laren might be completely wrong though
      Ramsey would do ok probe but can't see it happening Jim

Comment

Whoever does it will be hard to satisfy us lot won't it. Lol

Comment

Paul Scholes with Ramsay as his number 2. How good would these young midfielders become with that fellow coaching them

Comment

More likely to be Frank Lampard.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
              Not for me Jimmy. Love the idea of a good coach to bring these boys on and not a stone age typical british manager. Would be a great number 2 to a young man looking to build a careeras a manager
              I don’t think he is a Stone Age manage mate. Seen no evidence to suggest that either.

He fits the bill for me at this time.

Lets be honest he was probably really unfairly judged in his first stint, by me too but fans were so fed up and angry. He was the one to get it. As I say, thrown to the lions.

All about opinions of course but I honestly think now is a time he could make a mark on this side.

Comment

Sorry Jimmy did not mean Ramsay was saying we should for a younger coach as all of the appointments made by this board have been dire. Agree the timing was wrong when he was last appointed but reckon he would be brilliant as a guiding number 2. Said in another thread would go for Scholsey based on the knowledge he could give these young midfielders we have at the club.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                  I might get savaged for this but would Chris Ramsey be the worst appointment now we are a championship side with a raft of youth coming through?

I was critical of Ramsey and his appointment at the time but in hindsight he was literally thrown to the lions. He had no chance.

A club in turmoil, struggling in the PL, players on fortunes who didn't give a monkeys. He had no chance and was just trying to fight fires at the time.

He now would have an average squad with a multitude of talented youngsters coming through to work with. He has a fantastic record with young players and despite the expected rough start within the youth set up they are now doing really well on all levels.

We have not seen a batch of young players hit the first team like this in my lifetime. Credit to him for that.

I think we should keep our our feet on the ground, don't look for big name managers and appointing Ramsey someone who knows the club and set up / players inside out could be a really shrewd move. Make no bones about it, he'd of learned a hell of a lot since the last debacle.

I don't think you're a million miles off the mark!

> good developing youth
                  > youth now in the squad
                  > who was the dream manager?
                  > fortunes changed when he stepped up to "help" Ollie

Power behind the throne - gaining experience - just biding time - time will come?

Comment

Not a bad shout at all if Ollie does leave.

Comment

Are you on drugs!!!!!

Christ no, could not take another turn of the beanie one.

Keep him where he is, he is not doing too bad developing the kids,
                      thats why he is called the pe teacher.

would love a walburton in charge.

eitherway, holloway must go now.
                      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Not for me jimmy at this moment in time but I do get your point

in hindsight he was probably the man we should have stuck with instead of getting JFH in but that time has gone now

Comment

Warburton the man who’s had about 4 jobs in 3 years. Na you’re alright

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            Not for me jimmy at this moment in time but I do get your point

in hindsight he was probably the man we should have stuck with instead of getting JFH in but that time has gone now
                            A lot of QPR fans have allusions of grandeur and need to realise what we are and the size we are.

You’ve only got to look at social media to hear the names being mentioned to see how out of touch people are.

All about back to basics for me. We are not ready for a big name to come here with no money to spend as TF claimed yesterday.

Comment

If he has had the influence that some say he has would be a good appt.
                              He started appearing in the dugout and we had upturn in fortunes and 4 at the back iirc

Edit Chris Coleman just been sacked, good manager imo
                              Last edited by QPRDave; 29-04-2018, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X