Lumley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gator View Post

That was actually quite amazing how soft of hands he showed, it was quite a strike and the moment it left his foot I thought another worldly against us, just as fast it was nestled in Lumley's paws! I also liked the range and accuracy of his punts, you could hear him commanding his box which is good as well, considering he got quite a few matches under his belt at Blackpool with good reviews, I would trust him as #1 with a capable back up if Smithies does go!
    That would be Ingram.

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post

That would be Ingram.
      Yes, and who's to say Ingram wouldn't win the job over Lumley? What I am saying is if Smithies does go I am comfortable with our GK situation!
      @gatorTFC

Comment

More confident in Lumley than Ingram myself.

Comment

All they showed on the highlights was him fumbling an easy shot and flat footed on his line

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
            All they showed on the highlights was him fumbling an easy shot and flat footed on his line
            Yet if you were lucky enough to have watched the game you would have seen good composure, handling and distribution.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
              Yeah, not a fair reflection mate.

Lumley had one slightly dodgy moment. Aside from that he looked assured and very impressive. Great hands, quick and clever distribution, comfortable with the ball at his feet too. Looks a really tidy player, and I really doubt it will be long before he overtakes Ingram in the pecking order. And that's no disrespect to Ingram, he impressed me too in his game and half cameo at the end of the season.

Get a few quid for Smithies and let these 2 battle it out in my opinion. Works for everyone!

Comment

Tarbie. Be very careful what you wish for as a keeper is not someone you can just replace like that. De Gea is a prime example of that as no amount of money will replace that bloke. Smithies is as valuable to us as De Gea is to Man Utd. If we have to sell then look elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                  Tarbie. Be very careful what you wish for as a keeper is not someone you can just replace like that. De Gea is a prime example of that as no amount of money will replace that bloke. Smithies is as valuable to us as De Gea is to Man Utd. If we have to sell then look elsewhere.
                  Pretty obvious that we need to sacrifice somewhere mate. Numbers don't add up if we are to stay the right side of FFP. Better selling players we already have back up for in my opinion.

I reckon Smithies mind is on a move anyway. Hasn't looked the same player the last few months!

Comment

He is the one we keep along with the young players and Luongo the rest can be punted on for money. Freeman is the one to sell as his stats will drive up his price which will never be as high again.

Comment

100% with you Cheese. He along with Luongo are musts to stay for next season.
                      If anything Robinson is the one we MUST try and keep.

Comment

Thought he had a good game, looked very assured apart form one little fumble but recovered, I'd put him in front of Ingram at the moment did well

Comment

It could be Joanna that other clubs will be looking at not Smithies. He has had good reviews in his loan spells, is young and might be prepared to wait for 1st team football.
                          His kicking is stronger and more accurate than Ingram. He is the one with potential.

Comment

More confident in Lumley than Ingram myself.
                            Me too, I don’t rate Ingram to be honest
                            Under Les Ferdinand:
                            Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                            Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                            Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                            Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                            And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

If anything Robinson is the one we MUST try and keep.
                              Must keep a player that doesn't want to be here? Yea ok!

let him go if he wants to go. We need players who WANT to play not p!ss takers like him who happily claimed 2 years wages while injured then want out the minute he's fit again. No chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post

Must keep a player that doesn't want to be here? Yea ok!

let him go if he wants to go. We need players who WANT to play not p!ss takers like him who happily claimed 2 years wages while injured then want out the minute he's fit again. No chance.
                                Haven't heard Robinson definitely say he wants out yet. Only thing I heard him say is that he hadn't been offered a contract and that was weeks ago.

IF he is up for a new deal we would be mad to let him go, especially as Ned has gone.

Comment

Working...
                                X