This is QPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is QPR

Just looking at those young guns representing Queens Park Rangers today really does feel like
    the QPR of yesteryear.
    I doubted the line up today, but they filled those famous hoop shirts and did us proud.
    Well done Les, & Chris there is a clear plan here, and it's working.

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
    Just looking at those young guns representing Queens Park Rangers today really does feel like
    the QPR of yesteryear.
    I doubted the line up today, but they filled those famous hoop shirts and did us proud.
    Well done Les, & Chris there is a clear plan here, and it's working.
    And Ollie? Or is it all Les and Chris and despite Ollie? Who put them in the team?

Comment

Youngsters did well today but how many promising debutantes we have had this Millennium and how many of those have really made it? None. Most likely Eze, BOS etc will be playing League Two football within two seasons. If they are lucky.

Comment

Yes well done Ollie got it right last home game of the season ..touch

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

And Ollie? Or is it all Les and Chris and despite Ollie? Who put them in the team?
          Don't understand why you want to give Ollie credit for the youngsters coming good. He didn't even want to play them. Do you not remember the first half of the season and the teams he was selecting?

Comment

Brave team selection particularly as Birmingham had something to play for, all the youngsters done well but really impressed by Chair, Eze and Bright, these 3 had Brum panicking all the time. Make no bones about it, it may of been a nothing game to us but Brum needed something out of today so a test that was passed with flying colours

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Don't understand why you want to give Ollie credit for the youngsters coming good. He didn't even want to play them. Do you not remember the first half of the season and the teams he was selecting?
              He stated they weren't ready. Why don't you want to give him any credit for selecting them when he thought they were ready? He's the manager, has been in football all his life, sees these guys in training every day, so I bow to his judgement on such matters.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                Youngsters did well today but how many promising debutantes we have had this Millennium and how many of those have really made it? None. Most likely Eze, BOS etc will be playing League Two football within two seasons. If they are lucky.
                You sound like you are truly broken Doc, I'm not saying they will all be stars but surely there is hope a couple of them can compete at this level or beyond?
                @gatorTFC

Comment

He stated they weren't ready. Why don't you want to give him any credit for selecting them when he thought they were ready? He's the manager, has been in football all his life, sees these guys in training every day, so I bow to his judgement on such matters.
                  So they weren't ready in September, but they were in January? Come on mate, don't be naive. Is it any coincidence that Ollie only started playing them when a.) he realised he wasn't going to get any funds in January, and b.) he was a couple of defeats away from the sack?

I'll give credit where it's due. Ollie has done a great job of holding morale together through some very tough times this season. He's also got the squad about as fit as they've been in as long as I can remember. Can't bring myself to give him credit for the emergence of the youngsters though. I'm actually annoyed we had to watch 6 months or Mackie, Washington etc. now I know what we had sat in the reserve team!

Comment

Have to agree the youngsters are really promising
                    Just the manager that's a Baffoon

Comment

It's a bit risky throwing them in too soon, he had the luxury because of earlier results which kept us safe with several matches to play to gradually get the lads into 1st team matches, he also had a good part of the season to integrate them in to the 1st team from training! He's in a no win position for many on here no matter what he does, who knows if it would have worked if he started fielding young squads like this from the get go, I don't think many managers who want to remain employed would have!
                      @gatorTFC

Comment

So they weren't ready in September, but they were in January? Come on mate, don't be naive. Is it any coincidence that Ollie only started playing them when a.) he realised he wasn't going to get any funds in January, and b.) he was a couple of defeats away from the sack?

I'll give credit where it's due. Ollie has done a great job of holding morale together through some very tough times this season. He's also got the squad about as fit as they've been in as long as I can remember. Can't bring myself to give him credit for the emergence of the youngsters though. I'm actually annoyed we had to watch 6 months or Mackie, Washington etc. now I know what we had sat in the reserve team!
                        They may have needed those extra four months. Our manager thought so, and neither of us can say factually he was wrong. But they're in the team now so let's be thankful.

Comment

They may have needed those extra four months. Our manager thought so, and neither of us can say factually he was wrong. But they're in the team now so let's be thankful.
                          You clearly have a lot more trust in Holloway than me mate. Might as well leave this debate here though.........it's been done about a million times on here this season!

Comment

No less than six youngsters in the starting eleven. At times we played some good stuff. Fair play to everyone at the club (including Ollie) who have brought them into the team this season. Great way to finish the home matches.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                              No less than six youngsters in the starting eleven. At times we played some good stuff. Fair play to everyone at the club (including Ollie) who have brought them into the team this season. Great way to finish the home matches.
                              I made it 7, I still see Manning as a youngster if that's who you omitted?
                              @gatorTFC

Comment

Working...
                              X