On way home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On way home

Oh well the curtain closes on the final home game, and I must say considering the inclusion of so many youngsters it was a excellent performance. Playing without a recognised centre back the young defence held firm, when playing youngsters u will always get some mistakes, however overall they all played well, Eze is a joy to watch, vision and the ability to glide past players, not sure we can hang on to him for long, also liked the look of Chair who was always hunting for the ball and looked composed and had a good awareness.
    If Holloway can blend this very talented bunch of youngsters with some older heads things may be looking up, just a shame that most of our experienced heads are moving on.

Would like to wish Ned and Mackie all the best in the future, and also Perch who although not the best player we had always slotted in and gave his all.
    Robinson not too bothered what happens to him, got paid for nearly 2 seasons when injured, played one season then wants to #### off, not sure the queue for him will be that long.

Finally Mr Holloway, did his job under a background of change, seems to have the players backing, and has handled the youngsters well.
    However has also been tactically inept, bizarre team selections, tactics and substitutions.

Take your pick as wether he deserves another season, I feel a top class number 2 could help him, maybe someone like McClaren.

Anyway thanks for reading my after match ramblings, usually done on the central line with loads of typos, enjoy any summer we have and I will be back next season, unless I get sacked by admin

A good report once again, thanks for posting these all season, always a good read!
    @gatorTFC

Comment

Always enjoy your after game thoughts, Romford. Thank you.

Comment

Thought they played really well today. Bright worked his socks off up front and not only scored but had a couple of fabulous mazy runs and almost had a second if it wasn’t for a superb fingertip save from Stockdale. He’s well worth a mention.

Also Joe Lumley. Made one slight mistake which could of led to a penalty but overall was really assured, confident and made a couple of really good saves. Well impressed.

Agree about Chair and Eze both really good today.

One small gripe. I’d like to see Manning try to do more with the ball at times. He gave possession away on a number of occasions by needlessly hoofing it towards their box usually leading to nothing. He’s a decent footballer and needs to be more composed.

On on the whole I thought we done really well and a great game to sign off on at home.

Good luck Mackie, Chief and Perch. All the right decisions for me but wish them all well.
        Last edited by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit; 28-04-2018, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
          He gave possession away on a number of occasions .
          This has been a problem area for us for a very long time and to Ollie's credit he has been trying to get defenders more comfortable on the ball. That appraoch is beginning to pay off.

I still think a lack of consistency is a problem for Ollie and we can run incredibly hot or cold, but credit where credit is due.

Comment

Cheers, Romford. Always read your 'on way home' reports, for years now...but never said thanks.

They're very much appreciated and always a good balanced fair and honest report. You have excellent writing skills from somewhere...can't be Essex.

Top man, cheers

Comment

Many thanks, I just write it as I see it on the day, have been going far to long to make knee jerk reactions, however I will stick my neck out and say Eze for his age and experience is the best young player I have seen in over 50 years of watching Rangers, very very big statement but this boy looks special, false dawn maybe, however I have not been so excited as to where this boy could end up, still very young and maybe will be found out, however watch this space.

Comment

Cheers Romford, I don’t get to many games these days, so I always look forward to your report.
                I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Dont think Eze is going anywhere personally.

Chair was outstanding today. A goal and an assist from possibly one of the tidiest midfielders I've seen in a long time.

Comment

good report romford , thought chair was good , busy, always wanted the ball . team looked up for it even though brum were a poor side

Comment

Working...
                    X