No announcement yet.

Nedum Gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been a good servant to our club and reasonably consistent, considering Hughes & Redknappp kept playing him out of position at right back too often, and one thing the chief isn't is a right back, think we may miss him?

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
      Been a good servant to our club and reasonably consistent, considering Hughes & Redknappp kept playing him out of position at right back too often, and one thing the chief isn't is a right back, think we may miss him?
      Thought he played well at RB when he had Isla in front of him. That right side of Vargas, Isla and Ned had some potential.

Comment

I think he'll end up at Aston Villa to replace Terry. Or, at a push Huddersfield.

Comment

Am a fan of Ned but would he have stayed so long if he wasn't on such a wedge ?

Got a feeling he'll be hard to replace. Can only hope that we up the offer to Robinson and make him Captain. Trying to replace both will be VERY hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post

no chance, its all about building for the future now.

need to get Clint back asap to coach our young defenders.
            The first thing. Believe our defensive scheme has been woeful for far too long. Keeping fingers crossed that Hall is healthy again next year and returns to CB. Teamed with Furlong and Lynch, together with Kakay and Bidwell. At least a good start to personnel. Loved Baptiste early; looks worn down of late yet an able backup.

Comment

Lets hope it's IH last home game for the club as well

Comment

Sad to hear this - a fantastic servant for the club, an exemplary captain and a bloody good defender. He will be missed. Sad I won't be there today to join in with what I hope will be a rousing send-off for him.

Comment

Fabulous ovation for the Chief. A pity he wasn't appreciated a bit more while he was delivering performances for the team. Yes, he made errors (who wouldn't in the quality of teams he played in here?) but far more often he was our best defender and he wasn't the quiet, ' non-leader' he was made out to be.

Comment

Can't fault his attitude and application but I can't see it'll be too hard to replace him. I'd imagine his wages were more than what our entire back four will be on next season. If likes of Preston, Millwall and Brentford can make a fist of things on their budgets we ought to be able to too. Ned's simply too expensive for us to afford and will have options to join wealthier teams than us so can't blame him and I'd wish him every success for the future and thank him for his service.

Comment

Thanks and good luck Chief! Always underrated.

Comment

He worked the crowd at the end he’s top man and in my book we’re going to miss him in every way

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                          Can't fault his attitude and application but I can't see it'll be too hard to replace him. I'd imagine his wages were more than what our entire back four will be on next season. If likes of Preston, Millwall and Brentford can make a fist of things on their budgets we ought to be able to too. Ned's simply too expensive for us to afford and will have options to join wealthier teams than us so can't blame him and I'd wish him every success for the future and thank him for his service.
                          Nail on head mate!

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            He worked the crowd at the end he’s top man and in my book we’re going to miss him in every way
                            3 senior pros going, two of which will likely be a big miss behind the scenes.

Comment

I'm all for 'yoof' but you still need your Hills, Dunnes and Nelsons. (Not forgetting Derrys!)

Comment

Yeah, but less of the SWPs, Bosingwas and Kim Jon Uns.

Where's Jonathan Walters? Always saw him as a potential Dunne type. Unfashionable and getting on but....

Comment

Working...
                                X