Is uncle about to step down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is uncle about to step down?

A tweet, then a response from uncle........

Ollie Taiani
    @qpr_ollie
    ·
    16h
    Do you agree we need a chairman with a strong presence at the club and is able to show up at every game. Will you ever have the time to focus 100% on all matters QPR and if not why can't you appoint a vice chairman who does? I'd like to see Amit have greater influence at QPR.
    Tony Fernandes
    Tony Fernandes

@tonyfernandes
    Replying to @KingTaiani, @DavidEFraser, and @QPRPod
    Agree
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Ooh er.....Is now the time to quote "better the devil we know?"

Comment

Or is he agreeing that Amit should be around more and that was a subtle dig at him?
      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
      Pawel Wszolek - 6
      Luke Freeman - 6
      Matt Smith - 6
      Ebere Eze - 4
      Joel Lynch - 3
      Tomer Hemed - 3
      Toni Leistner - 2
      Massimo Luongo- 2
      Angel Rangel - 2
      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
      Geoff Cameron - 1
      Aramide Oteh - 1
      Jake Bidwell - 1
      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Or is he about to step up and dedicate more of his time

i don’t actually think it makes an awful lot of difference if the right heads are in position who run club day to day

Comment

I’ve never quite understood why the Mittal family, worth billions, want to muck about being minor shareholder at QPR, do they even turn up anymore?
          I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
            I’ve never quite understood why the Mittal family, worth billions, want to muck about being minor shareholder at QPR, do they even turn up anymore?
            I think Amit was enjoying it, and the cost of being involved was pocket change to Lakshmi Mittal. Since then they've been edged out of the picture, their shares have been diluted, and Mittals fortune has taken a big hit.

It's a real shame in my opinion. Amit was a really good guy to have around the place!

Comment

Amit is still well involved and seems proper tight with TF

Comment

The @tonyfernandes podcast is wrapped! We had an hour to ask him anything and everything we wanted - thanks to everyone who sent in a question This will be next week's podcast in place of our usual format...released Monday!
                nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Forbes reckon Mittal is worth $19 Billion today, roughly £13.6 billion.

Comment

At one stage he was the 2nd or 3rd richest bloke in the world. I think the number was something like double what it is right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

At one stage he was the 2nd or 3rd richest bloke in the world. I think the number was something like double what it is right now.
                      Struggling by then

Comment

It's just more money than the likes of us could ever even fathom I think mate. Even the interest on that would be like winning the every few weeks!

Comment

Can someone sort out a go fund me page for the poor ol b*gger?.....I'd have to cancel the
                          the freshly caught scottish salmon i have flown down from loch magreedee, to feed to tiddles daily if i got down that low!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                            A tweet, then a response from uncle........

Ollie Taiani
                            @qpr_ollie
                            ·
                            16h
                            Do you agree we need a chairman with a strong presence at the club and is able to show up at every game. Will you ever have the time to focus 100% on all matters QPR and if not why can't you appoint a vice chairman who does? I'd like to see Amit have greater influence at QPR.
                            Tony Fernandes
                            Tony Fernandes

@tonyfernandes
                            Replying to @KingTaiani, @DavidEFraser, and @QPRPod
                            Agree
                            We have two chairmen - Ruben and Tony. Ruben is owning ca 70%, Tony 10-15%. We do not need a vice chairman in addition.
                            Amit and the Mittals own a few percentages of the club. If they wanted a bigger stake they would have acquired more long time ago. Amit looks a nice bloke, but he is disinterested in QPR now and we need dedicated people around.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post

We have two chairmen - Ruben and Tony. Ruben is owning ca 70%, Tony 10-15%. We do not need a vice chairman in addition.
                              Amit and the Mittals own a few percentages of the club. If they wanted a bigger stake they would have acquired more long time ago. Amit looks a nice bloke, but he is disinterested in QPR now and we need dedicated people around.
                              Yup I think most people thought if Tony stepped aside Ruben would take the reins.

If Amit steps up to the plate that's excellent news, but I doubt it would signal a Mittal buy out. Sadly.

Comment

Working...
                              X