• Show
Clear All

• Holloway Talks Mackie And Perch

Wants a good send-off for the pair this Saturday

http://twitter.com/QPRFC/status/989074036826271744?s=19

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news...n-to-r-s-fans/

Let’s hope it’s at half time Forever Rs

Comment

It's an end of season meaning less game for QPR, so I expect he will give them both a starting place.

Comment

"Holloway talks Mackie & Perch".............Will make a nice change from him talking sh*t!

On a serious note. I hope these 2 get a decent send off. It's the right decision to let them both go, but both have played their part in our recent history. For both of them, their professionalism and work rate on the pitch can't be questioned, despite what our thoughts may be of them as footballers.

I'll never forget Perch trying to run off a dislocated knee cap this season. Utterly crazy behaviour that effectively ended his season, but we'd used all our subs and he didn't want to come off and let the team down. Speaks volumes for him as an individual!
        Last edited by Tarbie; 25-04-2018, 12:06 PM.

Comment

any chance of a decent performance to warrant a decent send off?
          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
          This morning's tempest I have to cross
          I must be guided without a stumble
          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
            any chance of a decent performance to warrant a decent send off?
            Unlikely.

Comment

I liked Perch, thought he was a decent versatile player. A bit reckless at times, but generally a useful player. Mackie was frustrating at the end but was always enthusiastic. Thought Holloway's dig at JET in the Preston programme was interesting...would really like to know what was going on there.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
                I liked Perch, thought he was a decent versatile player. A bit reckless at times, but generally a useful player. Mackie was frustrating at the end but was always enthusiastic. Thought Holloway's dig at JET in the Preston programme was interesting...would really like to know what was going on there.
                What was said?

Comment

In the programme notes he was talking about players leaving and mentioned Perch and Mackie, paying the usual compliments and also mentioned another unnamed outgoing player saying they were a bad influence and didn't help out the younger players and that they won't be missed. I'm assuming he's talking about JET. I'll dig it out when I get home and post the exact quote.

Comment

In the programme notes he was talking about players leaving and mentioned Perch and Mackie, paying the usual compliments and also mentioned another unnamed outgoing player saying they were a bad influence and didn't help out the younger players and that they won't be missed. I'm assuming he's talking about JET. I'll dig it out when I get home and post the exact quote.
                    JET is a terrible professional, I think that is pretty much common knowledge. The guy is only in it for the pay packet. And silly us, we gave him a nice big, long contract right towards the end of the big money days. Hate to think how much money the guy has had out of us for the 10 or 12 games that he's played. Clearly more than he's worth given that he's chosen to hang around rather than move on elsewhere.

Ollie is right, awful influence on younger players. Literally a showcase in how not to act in the professional game!

Comment

"You'll also be able to say cheerio to those who deserve it. I'll tell you what, there are still some terrible, terrible pros out there, who don't help the young players at all."

Comment

"You'll also be able to say cheerio to those who deserve it. I'll tell you what, there are still some terrible, terrible pros out there, who don't help the young players at all."
                        He must have been referring to JET. Only senior pro still at the club who's contract expires this summer that Ollie hasnt played.

the sad thing is he'll probably get another deal somewhere. He'll rock up for a trial, put in a performance (and he's good enough, Arsene Wenger said he was good enough to play first 11 for Arsenal), give some c#ck and bull about never getting a fair crack here, and he'll get another 2 year deal on more money than any of us could ever dream of.

Comment

Team for Saturday:

Smith
                          Mackie Freeman Smyth
                          Scowen Perch
                          Bids Robbo Bap Furls
                          Joanna

Comment

I'm sure Bolton Burton and Barnsley will be delighted with QPR if that happens,hope we aren't in a similar position next season

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
                              Team for Saturday:

Smith
                              Mackie Freeman Smyth
                              Scowen Perch
                              Bids Robbo Bap Furls
                              Joanna
                              Took me a moment. I thought you had Smith in goal and someone on the piano up front.

Comment

Working...
                              X