Ned & Robbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

I'd say now that I'd expect 100% that Robinson, Smithies and Luongo will be off in the summer.
    I don't think Luongo will come cheap though mate. His stock is pretty high, and he's off to the World Cup where he will be in the biggest shop window in football. We should hold out for proper money for him in my opinion!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

I don't think Luongo will come cheap though mate. His stock is pretty high, and he's off to the World Cup where he will be in the biggest shop window in football. We should hold out for proper money for him in my opinion!
      Yep. If we are going to sell him this is the window to do it.

Comment

Yep. If we are going to sell him this is the window to do it.
        Could argue that on a few of them mate. Virtually everyone has 1 or 2 years left. I'm not really sure we have deep enough pockets to renew a lot of them until FFP is resolved.

Comment

Looking at it from their situation, would they really want to play for Holloway and his style of football ?
          This goes for any of our better players. As a fan, win or lose, I want to see decent football being played not the hoof ball we employ most of the time. I'm sure the players want the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Could argue that on a few of them mate. Virtually everyone has 1 or 2 years left. I'm not really sure we have deep enough pockets to renew a lot of them until FFP is resolved.
            Personally not sure many would want to renew their contracts while Holloway is around.

The players may think they would improve under the guidance of a proper manager elsewhere.

I really do think we are hamstrung whichever way you look at it
            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post

Personally not sure many would want to renew their contracts while Holloway is around.

The players may think they would improve under the guidance of a proper manager elsewhere.

I really do think we are hamstrung whichever way you look at it
              Yes and no mate. There are few things to find encouragement in.

The first is that it's no fluke that decent players are coming through the system. It's proof that the hard work Chris Ramsey and our scouts have been putting in is paying dividends. As much as Les get's stick on here, you have to give him his dues. The changes he started implementing when he came to the club are starting to pay dividends. We have to trust that this season is not a one off. We have to believe that we have the right systems in place to attract and develop young talent.

Secondly, young British players are being sold for millions these days, in some cases 10's of millions. Some young players will sign long contracts, play for a good few seasons and we'll enjoy having them around. Other (like Josh Bowler), will want to leave, and we'll be well compensated for them. To an extent, I think the club needs that these days. We just aren't cash rich enough not to have to sell some players we bring through.

Like you, I'd rather we had a manager in place that I had 100% faith in to develop these players to the absolute best they can be. But managers come and go. The infrastructure of the club is far more important. And for the first time in a very long time, I think the powers that be at the club understand this!

Comment

Both good players, but if they want to leave, so be it. Either way we move on. Onwards and upwards. U R´s
                https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Exactly

Comment

Thought quite a few renewed last season to 2020 ? Smithies was definitely one, Manning, Luongo, Eze to name a few.

Personally think contracts mean fck all as to whether a player stays though.

Comment

Thought quite a few renewed last season to 2020 ?
                      But have their expectations been met?

That's the way players - and agents - look at these things. And like you say, contracts seem more and more erm flexible......

Comment

Thought quite a few renewed last season to 2020 ? Smithies was definitely one, Manning, Luongo, Eze to name a few.

Personally think contracts mean fck all as to whether a player stays though.
                        2 years left on a deal is the best time to sell if you want to get a fair price for a player. Last year of a deal you'll always get your pants pulled down a bit!

Comment

Working...
                        X