Ned & Robbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ned & Robbo

Confirmed in post match interview that both have been offered new contracts. Well done the club, now the ball’s in their court really hope they ain’t greedy ****s and sign so we can concentrate recruitment efforts on the forward line

Just read on West London Sport that Nedum and Jack are likely to leave at the end of their contracts.

Robinson I could see coming as injuries aside he is definitely a level above where we are at now. Personally if I was him I would have stayed another season to build up his fitness and game time but each to their own.

For everyone that has slated Nedum in his time at this club, I dont think you will truly realise his impact until he leaves. A very experienced, pacey centre half that has been with us for a long long time. He's fantastic at this level and provides the option of sitting at RB in a game due to red cards/injuries etc.

With Hall being so injury prone, we could be in some big trouble at the back next season. Be careful what you wish for.

Comment

• Pinkie
      Pinkie commented
      Editing a comment
      Would be a big loss losing ned, hes been on top form lately, but i bet celtic being interested would turn his head.

• West Acton
      West Acton commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
      Would be a big loss losing ned, hes been on top form lately, but i bet celtic being interested would turn his head.
      Could not turn that down Pinks. Big club, big crowds, guaranteed trophies and European football

Would be more of a success then Barton up there

• Pinkie
      Pinkie commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      Could not turn that down Pinks. Big club, big crowds, guaranteed trophies and European football

Would be more of a success then Barton up there
      Yeah definately agree westy, hurts to see these clubs showing an interest/wanting our players, we should only let players go if we`ve got a like for like replacement for every position, not just dazzled by pound notes

Originally posted by Artful View Post
    Confirmed in post match interview that both have been offered new contracts. Well done the club, now the ball’s in their court really hope they ain’t greedy ****s and sign so we can concentrate recruitment efforts on the forward line
    Good news. Let's hope they accept the offers
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

hmmm... not holding my breath.

Comment

Originally posted by Artful View Post
        I would like to see both stay, but i feel Robbo owes us more than Ned
        If he wanted to have a new challenge i can understand it.(ned)
        Even if Robbo signs a new deal so we can at least get money for him next window if he really wants to go

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

I would like to see both stay, but i feel Robbo owes us more than Ned
          If he wanted to have a new challenge i can understand it.(ned)
          Even if Robbo signs a new deal so we can at least get money for him next window if he really wants to go
          What, the same Jack Robinson that was told by Ollie that he was surplus to requirements 7 or 8 months ago? Let's be honest, if we'd not had any injury problems in central defence he'd have probably gone totally unnoticed anyway.

Can't claim that Robinson owes us anything really. We've treated him pretty badly from day 1. Signing him from Liverpool then sending him straight on loan to Huddersfield (a loan he wasn't made aware before he signed for us). Of course it was on this loan that the injury problems started. Then we've waited until 2 games before the end of the season to offer him a new deal. I assume that must have been a financial thing, but if you were the player, how would you feel?

The icing on the cake is probably the fact he most likely has a number of offers that are financially better than staying with us. Good luck to him I say. Would love him to stay, but it's a short career, and we've let his contract run right down. If he can get better elsewhere it's his right to do so!

Comment

Apparently he’s off Fulham (Robbo)

Neds sister was sat in front of us at Villa and we had quick chat. Said I hoped he signs on and she gave big smile. I think we might hold onto Ned

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
              Apparently he’s off Fulham (Robbo)

Neds sister was sat in front of us at Villa and we had quick chat. Said I hoped he signs on and she gave big smile. I think we might hold onto Ned
              I take it back then mate. If he goes there on a free, he's a c*nt!

Comment

Who on earth should we replace them with? More to the point: maybe a specialized defensive coach is the answer?
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

I take it back then mate. If he goes there on a free, he's a c*nt!

via GIPHY

Comment

Need to keep Ned if poss never thought. Would say that but ...

Comment

Yep the rumour is that Robinson is off to Fulham in the summer and wont sign a new contract , as our wage restraint probably means we can't match the wages of other clubs also believe the Ned has been asked to take another big wage cut, think Smithies Robbo and Freeman could all be gone come August

Comment

Agree with most of above, always had a feeling Robbo would be off and that Ned will stay for another year. We'll soon see I guess. Of course I'd love it if we kept Robbo, he's a fine player....

Comment

Would be nice to keep them on reduced terms but I get the vibe Robbo will defo be gone and maybe Ned fancies a fresh start somewhere.

Will be a priority position to fill in pre season considering our atrocious defensive record this season.

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                            Yep the rumour is that Robinson is off to Fulham in the summer and wont sign a new contract , as our wage restraint probably means we can't match the wages of other clubs also believe the Ned has been asked to take another big wage cut, think Smithies Robbo and Freeman could all be gone come August
                            I'd say now that I'd expect 100% that Robinson, Smithies and Luongo will be off in the summer.

Comment

Working...
                            X