Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So where do you expect us to be in exactly one year from now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we will be about as we are if nit a little worse. Thing is you never know what Holloway is going to do. He is so unpredictably bad in his team selections and formations who know whats going to happen. I think if the predicted players do leave and that includes Luongo and or Freeman, maybe Smithies then we will be farked. We all know there's no money to spend so expect a good few free transfers and more kids being played. Also even though all of our losses this season we didn't have the disastrous 2x 6 games losing runs this season although we have the same points. So for me i feel overall this season has been worse to end up with the same points if you get my meaning. Makes you wonder what could have been if he had've changed formation in October/November.

Comment

"About to finish mid-table like now" When was 17th mid - table?

Comment

I'm thinking 13th with 56-57pts. But I'm trusting in Penrice to find us a couple of good lower division players.

Comment

I'd expect us to do better than this season but I do not expect us to be in the play-off places. Think we are a few more players away from being a promotion pushing side than just one or two.

Comment

I expect about the same points total but this leaving us just a couple of places above the drop.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
              true, we are hardly in mid table now. more like bottom third of the table. Also, as West Acton pointed out, the calibre this season at the bottom end has been quite poor and is likely to be better next season ( I also said that I expect far better from the 3 relegated Premiership sides ), so 53 -56 points will probably see QPR in the bottom 6 next season.

Yes, QPR have no money, but that is just a feeble excuse when you look at how well Millwall Brentford and Preston have performed this season with less funds and lower attendances and gate receipts.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

true, we are hardly in mid table now. more like bottom third of the table. Also, as West Acton pointed out, the calibre this season at the bottom end has been quite poor and is likely to be better next season ( I also said that I expect far better from the 3 relegated Premiership sides ), so 53 -56 points will probably see QPR in the bottom 6 next season.

Yes, QPR have no money, but that is just a feeble excuse when you look at how well Millwall Brentford and Preston have performed this season with less funds and lower attendances and gate receipts.
                I don't think it is a feeble excuse, it is a legitimate one. I think those other clubs you mention have over-achieved (like Huddersfield last season) and we should look to emulate them.

Comment

Still looking for our identity ! If Holloway is in charge.

Comment

much of the same for me , mid table at best

Comment

Still waiting for windrush to be sorted.Still going on about Europe.Still waiting for summer to turn up.Still trying to work out what wurzalllll is on about in his interviews
                      Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                        with Holloway in charge much the same as this season, maybe even worse? don't think we'll bring in much quality? but sure we'll lose some. think Smithies will be gone along with Robinson who if rumours are true is about to depart to Fulham, also vultures circling for a few others believe teams looking at Scowen,, Freeman, and the Chief, and maybe some of the youngsters, our financial position put us in a position where teams will make silly offers and we'll probably have to take it
                        This.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                          We are 16th?
                          https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

We are 16th?
                            https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
                              I think we will be in a relegation battle - at best!

It looks to me most fans tend to ignore the effect of the Premier League parachute money coming to an end from summer of 2019, and the effect this have on the FFP constraints we are facing.

Last year our revenues were ca £49m, of which ca £30m came from parachute money and £7m from player transfer surplus. Only ca £12m came from regular recurring revenue such as gate receipt , commercial income and Championship TV rights. Despite an income of £49m we lost £6m.

We are now in the process of adapting to a regular income of around £12-15m a year from 2019. We can lose on average of £13m a year under present FFP rules, but because of a huge loss this season (minimum £20m) we need to adjust to lower losses for the two coming seasons (max £10m a year). The only way we can achieve this is by raising money through sale of players.

Of this reason I believe three of our most salable assets will depart this summer - three from Smithies, Luongo, Freeman, Eze and Manning.

On top of this we I think we have to adjust to a new salary regime, maybe with £10k as a maximum weekly salary. This will be too little to convince both Robbo and Ned to sign new contracts.

I am quite sure Holloway, Penrice, Ramsey, Ferdinand & co have identified some good raw talents, but to assume these will replace those leaving isn't realistic.

I hope I am proven wrong, but I think we get relegated next season. The best we can hope for is a successful relegation battle.

I am sorry to be so pessimistic. I am normally always optimistic, but I simply don't get the financial math to work and I think we will lose so much quality relegation is very likely. However, a season or two in League One does not need to be a catastrophe, as I really like this rebuilding that's going on, based on hungry talented young players..
                              It's a worry when you put it like that. But there are a few things you haven't taken into account. For starters we have already significantly reduced the wage bill from the numbers you are working off. Also a lot of installments we owe for transfers and agent fees from Fernandes' early days will disappear from our operating expenditure (not sure if they all get paid off this year, but certainly some will).

I still think there is a gap and there will need to be a few departures. But the club are doing the right thing and not talking too much about it. If we do need to sell players the last thing we need is other clubs knowing that and taking advantage. What we need to do as a club now is get the absolute best prices we can for those that want to leave. From there we need to reinvest the proceeds very wisely. You have to remember that these young kids at the start of their career typically are paid far less than old pros like Nedum. We need to use this to our advantage!
                              Last edited by Tarbie; 25-04-2018, 06:06 AM.

Comment

Hard to tell when we don't know how many players we will keep or if we will sign better. I've gone for mid-table, reckon it won't be too much different to this season.
                                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                                Luke Freeman - 6
                                Matt Smith - 6
                                Ebere Eze - 4
                                Joel Lynch - 3
                                Tomer Hemed - 3
                                Toni Leistner - 2
                                Massimo Luongo- 2
                                Angel Rangel - 2
                                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2