Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So where do you expect us to be in exactly one year from now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So where do you expect us to be in exactly one year from now?

At the very end of next season?
    And why?
    I think we will be higher than now but just miss out on the playoff spots.
    About to get automatically promoted
    1.96%
    About to enter playoffs
    13.73%
    About to finish rather close to playoff spots
    27.45%
    About to finish mid-table, like now
    25.49%
    Just about avoiding relegation
    27.45%
    Relegated but with a cool new training ground at last
    3.92%
    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

I've voted for close to play offs' ie an improvement on this season, but conditional on keeping IH in charge.
    If we change the manager it could go either way.

Comment

Arguing about wether or not 54 points represents progress under the circumstnces.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
        Arguing about wether or not 54 points represents progress under the circumstnces.
        Hopefully enough to keep us up

Comment

with Holloway in charge much the same as this season, maybe even worse? don't think we'll bring in much quality? but sure we'll lose some. think Smithies will be gone along with Robinson who if rumours are true is about to depart to Fulham, also vultures circling for a few others believe teams looking at Scowen,, Freeman, and the Chief, and maybe some of the youngsters, our financial position put us in a position where teams will make silly offers and we'll probably have to take it

Comment

I think it will be near enough the same as this season, but it is more likely to be worse than better if IH stays on for the whole or majority of the season.

There has been very minimal improvement. They are on 53 points now which is what they ended last season with. I think they will lose the next 2 games as they have nothing to play for and Birmingham need the win to ensure thay stay up. Leeds is an away game and QPR don't do away games very well.

Even if they pick up 2 draws, 55 points is not really much of an improvement the only thing that has been better is that they competed more, but because the tool ignored the obvious that they couldn't play 3 at the back (34 games before he gave that up (apart from the 1 game at Forest), or that Mackie and Washington as a front 2 stunk worse than rotting flesh (only Mackie's injury ended that farce). Let's wait and see what the 'genie #### has install for next season.

I also think that next season's relegated teams will offer more than their counterparts have this season. If it is Southampton, Stoke and WBA, they don't have the same problems that Sunderland or Hull did this sesaon.

Comment

As we are now with regards points but this year the standard and points for relegation has been pretty low so if the target returns to what total usually needed then we won’t be sitting pretty as we are now we will be right amongst it

Comment

Really tough question. Given the current state of affairs it's hard to predict. It seems like we've done better this season possibly because we've had a few more emphatic victories and glimmers of hope but in reality it's been marginally better. Plus, we're likely to see a few departures over the summer, always so much uncertainty when it comes to QPR. I've been optimistic and gone for rather close to the play-off spot. If Millwall can do it there's no reason why we can't.

Comment

Can't see anything being too much different if Ollie is still in charge. Could be worse I suppose if a few head for the exit door this summer. Also, as Westy pointed out, don't suppose we'll be as lucky with the general calibre of this league next season. The right managerial change and I reckon we'd be in the running for a play-off spot. But I doubt we'll see that. Even if the board do the right thing and sack Ollie, I doubt they'll get the next appointment right anyway!

Comment

Heading out of this division...

Comment

53 points

Comment

I predict more of the same next season,good enough to stay up but nowhere near good enough to make the play offs

Comment

Still trying to get the hang of the new site.....

Comment

I think we will be in a relegation battle - at best!

It looks to me most fans tend to ignore the effect of the Premier League parachute money coming to an end from summer of 2019, and the effect this have on the FFP constraints we are facing.

Last year our revenues were ca £49m, of which ca £30m came from parachute money and £7m from player transfer surplus. Only ca £12m came from regular recurring revenue such as gate receipt , commercial income and Championship TV rights. Despite an income of £49m we lost £6m.

We are now in the process of adapting to a regular income of around £12-15m a year from 2019. We can lose on average of £13m a year under present FFP rules, but because of a huge loss this season (minimum £20m) we need to adjust to lower losses for the two coming seasons (max £10m a year). The only way we can achieve this is by raising money through sale of players.

Of this reason I believe three of our most salable assets will depart this summer - three from Smithies, Luongo, Freeman, Eze and Manning.

On top of this we I think we have to adjust to a new salary regime, maybe with £10k as a maximum weekly salary. This will be too little to convince both Robbo and Ned to sign new contracts.

I am quite sure Holloway, Penrice, Ramsey, Ferdinand & co have identified some good raw talents, but to assume these will replace those leaving isn't realistic.

I hope I am proven wrong, but I think we get relegated next season. The best we can hope for is a successful relegation battle.

I am sorry to be so pessimistic. I am normally always optimistic, but I simply don't get the financial math to work and I think we will lose so much quality relegation is very likely. However, a season or two in League One does not need to be a catastrophe, as I really like this rebuilding that's going on, based on hungry talented young players..

Comment

Does the OP assume the same manager come the start of next term?

If so, all bets are on ;) and my money says mid table or below.

Comment

Working...
                              X