sam allardyce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sam allardyce

very unlikely to happen, but Everton fans were given the opportunity to rate their manager out of 10 by the club this week.
    if we were given that opportunity , what would you give ollie. (1 being worst possible)

3 or 4 probably. He deserves some credit for holding the dressing room together through some very tough times, and also keeping us relatively clear of the relegation battle all season. Beyond that, it's hard to find much to be positive about.

Comment

Appreciate the good he's done in bringing youth through, working with restraints (as most managers do tbh) but wayyyyy to many negatives for me.

No point listing them there is pages of it on here.

Comment

5 - as he has limited possibilities financially. He brought some youth players through which also deserves credit. I wonder how he would do with the chance to buy a few proper players.

Comment

4 , never know what players will play , hasn't a clue what his best 11 is , hump the ball to matt smith

Comment

6, he has brought in some good players and we have slightly improved from last season

Comment

5. He may have one hand tied behind his back with the club looking to avoid FFP and some injuries - but some of the selections and tactics make the mind boggle at times. Away form woeful - and getting mugged off by our local rivals.

Should have been in the play-offs TBH. The team is not shyyte.

Then again - the players need to have a look at themselves. You cannot put the full blame on the manager.

Comment

3 Has cost us points this season because of his constant wholesale team changes and sticking to 3 at the back for so long. Needs to find another tactic to lumpball.

Comment

6/10 for me.

financially we are a mess and unable to compete with many in this league presently due to ffp.

This season was always going to be a transitional one and tbh I’m pretty happy we stayed up as we could of quite easily been pulled into a relegation fight.

At the same time if he had switched to a back four a few months earlier as many including myself on here were crying out for we could of potentially finished top 10 and maybe flirted with playoffs.

I believe he’s done enough to deserve the chance to lead the team for next season. If we can keep Smyth, Eze and replace the imminent sales of smithies, Luongo and loss of Robinson and Ned then we could have a decent season.

QPR is not a easy job for anyone right now. He done ok.
                  Last edited by maidstone_hoop; 22-04-2018, 01:54 PM.

Comment

7 for me. Has done what was wanted and needed. Kept club in Championship, not spent which has enabled club to release / not renew high earners and deadwood whilst bringing youngsters through to first team. A few prudent signings in the summer and we won’t be to far away from top 6. Fully expect him to be here next season as he has produced what the board wanted this year

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                      3 or 4 probably. He deserves some credit for holding the dressing room together through some very tough times, and also keeping us relatively clear of the relegation battle all season. Beyond that, it's hard to find much to be positive about.
                      Impressive number of red cards for poster of the year!

Comment

6 for keeping us safe. Would have give him 7 if his team selections were stable. We are safe and we move on. I'd like to see him step aside after Leeds game and leave with some credibility and dignity

Comment

Originally posted by jamesnutt View Post
                          very unlikely to happen, but Everton fans were given the opportunity to rate their manager out of 10 by the club this week.
                          if we were given that opportunity , what would you give ollie. (1 being worst possible)
                          Corr i though for a mo he was coming here from title

Comment

Originally posted by Artful View Post
                            Kept club in Championship
                            and yet recent incumbents have been sacked for failing to get us out of it.....

4/10 is massively generous.

Comment

Pinkie of give Ollie one
                              Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Working...
                              X