Scratching for positives from yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

I find the general consensus is that he isn't the answer to us challenging but is doing ok. Would have to add that almost every substitution is met with a groan but that is nothing new after the clueless JFH and Redknapp.
    Yes, that is the general consensus I find as well. I agree about the subs as well although he does often get his subs spot on. This leaves us often wondering why we didn't start that way though. He can't really win with that. I didn't disagree with subbing Smyth on Saturday but there were a lot of boos. He hadn't been very effective. You could argue it should have been Sylla instead of him but he had scored and should have equalised late on. Thin margins sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
      Why compare him to Washington like that makes your point for you. He is a god awful footballer and that's the view of the majority of people leaving grounds across the country when he has appeared on the pitch.
      Your talking wet.

I'm comparing them because they are both strikers.

​​​​​​One scores a goal per 7 game avarage.
      Sylla scores 1 in 3 games.

He maybe a god awful player to you, but please don't speak on behalf of fans all over the country.

Again, sylla was top scorer last season and has the best goals per games ratio this season.

Carry on digging him out though, it's clear you would rather rangers nil up front instead of sylla.

#runsaboutalot
      #farkthegoals
      #goalsareforlosers.
      #washingtonfetch
      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Can't agree Cricks. I genuinely believe we have a far better set up at the club (manager aside), than we've had in a very long time. Yeah, the Chairman is a buffoon, but at least he's surrounded himself with people capable of making the tough decisions for him.

The young players we have coming through are good, more than good enough for this level in Eze and Smyth's case. We are no longer wasting money on cr@p signings, and the last few wasters have been shown the exit door. Compare that to a few seasons back where we had a team full of mercenaries and the last player we'd brought through the youth system was Richard Langley.

Yeah, FFP is a concern, and we're probably gonna lose a few players this summer in order to keep our heads above water. But we're on the right path, and the encouraging thing is decent young players are selling for very big money these days. All it will take is for a couple of players to fetch a big transfer fee and things will look very different.

As I said above, I'd feel a lot better about things with a different manager in place. But I don't genuinely think we are on the slippery slope that you're predicting.
        Was feeling a bit grumpy after a pint or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post

Your talking wet.

I'm comparing them because they are both strikers.

​​​​​​One scores a goal per 7 game avarage.
          Sylla scores 1 in 3 games.

He maybe a god awful player to you, but please don't speak on behalf of fans all over the country.

Again, sylla was top scorer last season and has the best goals per games ratio this season.

Carry on digging him out though, it's clear you would rather rangers nil up front instead of sylla.

#runsaboutalot
          #farkthegoals
          #goalsareforlosers.
          #washingtonfetch
          And you are talking out the arris again. You tried to make Sylla a decent striker by comparing him to Washington. Never came into the conversation until you raised him. We all know he is toilet but knock yourself out another one. And I don't speak for everyone I was merely saying what the main topics are when I walk out of stadiums all over the country and that is so much more often about the likes of Sylla not being worth a shirt than it is the agenda you peddle. All you ever "hear" is what you read on here and various before me have clearly stated that the sound around the grounds doesn't particularly reflect the message board drum. Facts not fantasy and not a hash tag in sight
          #standuptocancer
          #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Got say hand on heart have never left away ground and heard home fans talking about Sylla or any of our players

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post

Was feeling a bit grumpy after a pint or two.
              And there was me thinking you were just teasing!

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                Got say hand on heart have never left away ground and heard home fans talking about Sylla or any of our players
                Me either. But when leaving these grounds Westy I am surrounded by Rangers fans leaving the away ends
                #standuptocancer
                #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Your post made in sound like you were talking fans in general not Rangers. No harm done misunderstanding

Comment

Perspective.

Smith and Sylla are both useful because with service they find the back of the fvckin net.

Hoddle last night on the Arsenal highlights was saying if you don't get the ball in from the right area, deep and wide, you aren't making the defenders work. Ollie has spent the best of 18 months failing to grasp this. As a result our strikers have had ######## service to contend with. It is that simple. Plus of course for most of that time he played CW, who simply isn't up to this level.

Nothing will change for us until Ollie get pensioned off. Ollie is the problem, not Sylla and not Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                      Perspective.

Smith and Sylla are both useful because with service they find the back of the fvckin net.

Hoddle last night on the Arsenal highlights was saying if you don't get the ball in from the right area, deep and wide, you aren't making the defenders work. Ollie has spent the best of 18 months failing to grasp this. As a result our strikers have had ######## service to contend with. It is that simple. Plus of course for most of that time he played CW, who simply isn't up to this level.

Nothing will change for us until Ollie get pensioned off. Ollie is the problem, not Sylla and not Smith.
                      Your wasting your breath mate..... The whole country and the rest of the solar system thinks sylla is shyte.
                      Confirmed by Bluehoop.

It's one of the main topics when leaving grounds every week.

We don't need goals at our club mate.

Last edited by Hitman34; 27-04-2018, 02:35 PM.
                      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                        Perspective.

To be fair, it is nore the quality of service than the quantity. Seen untold crosses into the box go out for throw-ins or goal kicks.

Comment

Working...
                        X