No announcement yet.

Scratching for positives from yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the problem see. Too many people looking for excuses for shite.

You will never get success if you continually look for excuses. We are what we are and we won' improve under Holloway.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

To be honest Jimmy the feeling is far from clear. Most I speak to think he's doing OK despite his limitations.
      Same as, in fact most of the conversations leaving the ground were about just how turd Sylla is and what a mare it is that he got another tap in because it excites his few supporters. In fact, no one throughout these various discussions said anything other than just how crap he is - all his support comes on-line. There is one song about him, it syas nothing about him as a footballer as there isn't anything to say, it isn't funny and it may not even be true. Reality is though everyone in the flesh, rather than cyber world, thinks he is a joke. I also believe this is similar to the anti Ollie thing, although I accept there is a wave against him, it is far louder and more offensive on-line than in the flesh
      #standuptocancer
      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
        This is the problem see. Too many people looking for excuses for shite.

You will never get success if you continually look for excuses. We are what we are and we won' improve under Holloway.
        It seems like you use Holloway as an excuse!

Comment

Excuses deny responsibility. Explanations allow for responsibility to be acknowledged, and the situation to be explored and understood.
          Excuses come from feelings of defensiveness that pop up when someone is feeling attacked.
          Explanations occur when someone wants to be understood.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post

I actually think the board will extend his contract in summer.
            I'd bet my house on it

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
              I just don't see how our squad could have it in them to beat the likes of Cardiff, Wolves and Villa if they are so bang average.
              Well, we also lost to those three as well - 9 points out of 18.....bang average.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                Then I look at the likes of Preston and Millwall that are up there challenging. You telling me that Luongo, Robinson, Bidwell, Freeman, Scowen etc. wouldn't walk straight into the starting 11 for these sides?
                I'd probably say that Preston and Millwall currently would not swap many of their first XI for many of our players other than Smithies possibly but they would more than likely add a few of them to their squad.
                Last edited by Shepherds Mush; 24-04-2018, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                  those using ''we are a small club'' as a reason why this club is struggling, need to look no further than Accrington Stanley. Second lowest income in the League and are looking certs to be champions in their division
                  I take your Accrington Stanley and raise you Man City and Wolves.

There is no denying that clubs budget is a factor. That’s not making an excuse it’s a statement of fact

There is no one reason but clubs budget is one of them.

The gulf in budgets between City vs Burnley or Wolves vs Burton is more of a significant gap then Accrington vs Luton

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post

Same as, in fact most of the conversations leaving the ground were about just how turd Sylla is and what a mare it is that he got another tap in because it excites his few supporters. In fact, no one throughout these various discussions said anything other than just how crap he is - all his support comes on-line. There is one song about him, it syas nothing about him as a footballer as there isn't anything to say, it isn't funny and it may not even be true. Reality is though everyone in the flesh, rather than cyber world, thinks he is a joke. I also believe this is similar to the anti Ollie thing, although I accept there is a wave against him, it is far louder and more offensive on-line than in the flesh
                    Bang on Blue

Totally agree that the majority of anti is on-line, don’t hear much when you’re actually at the game. Most around where I sit don’t have to many problems with Ollie and have been moaning about ‘lazy’ Sylla since his first game

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

I'd probably say that Preston and Millwall currently would not swap many of their first XI for many of our players other than Smithies possibly but they would more than likely add a few of them to their squad.
                      Personally think Smithies has had a poor season compared to last season and no one was knocking down our door for him last summer. Think he’d be the one (if any) is replaceable with what we have in Ingram & Lumley

Comment

Can’t agree guys. Where I sit and he makes sub you can here the groans of disapproval. Walking to the station you hear people ranting about him and on the train. My local had Rangers fan before last game moaning when he saw team on Twitter

dont kid yourself it’s simply online feeling the feeling for and against him on and off line is probably 50/50

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          Can’t agree guys. Where I sit and he makes sub you can here the groans of disapproval. Walking to the station you hear people ranting about him and on the train. My local had Rangers fan before last game moaning when he saw team on Twitter

dont kid yourself it’s simply online feeling the feeling for and against him on and off line is probably 50/50
                          With all due respect West I am taking as I find, so am not kidding myself. That is just the same as me telling you not to kid yourself isn't it?

Comment

But the suggestion (not saying you as it’s come up on other threads) is is like an online dissatisfaction and in the ground bulk of people are content.

Think the lack of regulatory you hear ollies blue and white army sang home or away or in the pubs is indicator

Comment

There feels like there is general malaise around club currently which is shame as off the pitch we’re putting house in order

Comment

Originally posted by Artful View Post

Personally think Smithies has had a poor season compared to last season and no one was knocking down our door for him last summer. Think he’d be the one (if any) is replaceable with what we have in Ingram & Lumley
                                Still a top keeper for this division. Agree though, I'm actually not that worried about losing Smithies and have a feeling Lumley will get some games next season.

Comment

Working...
                                X