Scratching for positives from yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scratching for positives from yesterday

But I thought Kakay held his own at RB. Bit nervous when he had time on the ball, to be expected given lack of experience, but thought he handled himself well

Also thought Furlong was comfortable at CB and a good run out for him

no lack of effort from players just lack of competitive game plan

The sun was out?

Another day nearer to Holloway going, whenever that may be.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
      The sun was out?

Another day nearer to Holloway going, whenever that may be.
      I actually think the board will extend his contract in summer.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post

I actually think the board will extend his contract in summer.
        Christ no.

I can also also see it because they're so bloody incompetent!

The feeling is clear and im sure the club monitor fans feelings on social media, crowd attendances, polls etc so if they decide to ignore all that & extend then they've made their bed. Let them lay in it.

Problem is, it's us mugs who have to watch this tripe. They don't even go to the games anymore!

Comment

Effort. Everyone put in a shift.

Comment

Although I posted he should go and if I was in charge that’s what I would do, when I think calmly I can see an argument for him staying next season. If he does stay though he needs to seriously up his game as last season and this has not been good enough and we can’t just lower our standards and expectations to fit in

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
              Effort. Everyone put in a shift.
              Agree there was no lack of effort just no plan when we had the ball

Comment

Largely because, as ever, we had no movement up front playing two static strikers with no pace who can only play with their backs to goal. We also, as always, had no width. When we got down the line we looked dangerous.

Comment

Hard to find any positives really mate. For the 3rd season running we're a worse side than Brentford. Played them 3 times, they've beaten us twice and we scraped a point by the skin of our teeth in the other game. Just ain't good enough is it?

People go on about us being short of cash, having a small ground, small fan base, average squad, lack of funds etc. But have a look at Brentford - Conference standard stadium, less fans than us by a country mile, never had wealthy owners, smaller squad than ours, and no doubt operating on a significantly smaller budget. Ain't just them too, look what Millwall have achieved this season with a bang average squad of players and a tiny budget.

The club really needs to take a look at the themselves and the standards that are being set. Ollie needs to be held accountable, not only for the repetitive cycle of winning and losing runs, but also for the awful away form, and the fact we never show up in these derby matches that mean so much to the fans.

Somebody else posted earlier that their Brentford mates have given up giving him stick. Same with me. A few years back I could expect a ribbing every time they took points of us. These days they don't even bother cos it's virtually a given that they'll beat us. Literally 3 points in the bag is how they look at us these days. It's a sorry state of affairs!

Comment

i can't post anything positive so i won't

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post

Christ no.

I can also also see it because they're so bloody incompetent!

The feeling is clear and im sure the club monitor fans feelings on social media, crowd attendances, polls etc so if they decide to ignore all that & extend then they've made their bed. Let them lay in it.

Problem is, it's us mugs who have to watch this tripe. They don't even go to the games anymore!
                      To be honest Jimmy the feeling is far from clear. Most I speak to think he's doing OK despite his limitations.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

To be honest Jimmy the feeling is far from clear. Most I speak to think he's doing OK despite his limitations.
                        You must speak to different people to me because most around me yesterday thought it was time for the clown to go.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

It's an interesting one mate. Most would have taken safety at the start of the season if offered. It's the manner that we've got there that frustrates me. Beaten some of the best sides in the league, lost to some of the worst, and underperformed in every local derby.

Whilst I'm reasonably happy just to be safe, I also can't shake the feeling of underachievement. I think we have an opportunity here with some very good young players coming through, and I think we have to be careful not to waste it. Next season we really need to set our expectations much higher, and for me, that probably means a new man in charge!
                          Last edited by Tarbie; 22-04-2018, 12:02 PM.

Comment

The only thing positive we have only 2 games left.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                              I also can't shake the feeling of underachievement.
                              I think that is why there is a mixed opinion of Holloway in a nutshell. Some think we have underachieved while others, like me, think we have a bang average squad and are exactly where we probably should be.

In addition, I think there may be managers who MIGHT get more out of the squad but there are also other managers who would have this squad relegated (pick any Birmingham manager up until Monk) in a heartbeat.

Comment

Working...
                              X