Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scratching for positives from yesterday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    But the suggestion (not saying you as itís come up on other threads) is is like an online dissatisfaction and in the ground bulk of people are content.

    Think the lack of regulatory you hear ollies blue and white army sang home or away or in the pubs is indicator
    I don't think the forums are a true representation of supporters view of Ollie. I am not saying he is that popular but just nowhere near as unpopular as these sites would have you believe.

    Comment


    • #47
      Thatís were I disagree Croy and why I gave examples of where I hear negativity outside of forums but itís a healthy (or becoming unhealthy) debate
      Last edited by West Acton; 24-04-2018, 02:13 PM.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        Thatís were I disagree Croy and why I gave examples of where I hear nagativity outside of forums but itís a healthy (or becoming unhealthy) debate
        My group of mates (who are a combination of expats who watch from afar like me, and guys that are in the UK and go every week) are on the whole pretty negative about him. I have a couple of mates who still hold him in high regard for his first stint and still believe him, but they are certainly in the minority.
        Co-Founder of the Dubai R's
        Follow me on Twitter @Tarbie82

        Comment


        • #49
          Personally I don't buy this whole online / offline argument at all. Far too many exceptions on both sides to make it any kind of an accurate metric.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post

            Same as, in fact most of the conversations leaving the ground were about just how turd Sylla is and what a mare it is that he got another tap in because it excites his few supporters. In fact, no one throughout these various discussions said anything other than just how crap he is - all his support comes on-line. There is one song about him, it syas nothing about him as a footballer as there isn't anything to say, it isn't funny and it may not even be true. Reality is though everyone in the flesh, rather than cyber world, thinks he is a joke. I also believe this is similar to the anti Ollie thing, although I accept there is a wave against him, it is far louder and more offensive on-line than in the flesh
            Well, our 'turd' of a striker was our top scorer last season and has so far this year got the best goals to games ratio this season.

            I don't know what you look for in a striker but I look for goals.
            That to me is a strikers number one job.

            If he is turd, what does that make washington?
            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by West Acton View Post
              Thatís were I disagree Croy and why I gave examples of where I hear negativity outside of forums but itís a healthy (or becoming unhealthy) debate
              Well, as I said I can only take as I find as I am sure you are.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post

                Well, our 'turd' of a striker was our top scorer last season and has so far this year got the best goals to games ratio this season.

                I don't know what you look for in a striker but I look for goals.
                That to me is a strikers number one job.

                If he is turd, what does that make washington?
                Have to agree on this. Can understand people thinking Sylla is lazy and awkward and more often than not struggles to play up top on his own BUT he scores goals.

                By far the most effective striker in the box that we have at the club.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Why compare him to Washington like that makes your point for you. He is a god awful footballer and that's the view of the majority of people leaving grounds across the country when he has appeared on the pitch.
                  #standuptocancer
                  #inyourfacecancer

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Scratching for positives from yesterday is a good state to be in. Happiness is in the moment. If we turn our heads backwards to this season it's been a nothing season with more bad than good. The depressingly obvious forecast for next season is less of the same.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Lots of people latching onto U23s getting game time. It's a reflection of sub-optimal resources and putting a positive spin on the $hite we're in. We'll be in League 1 before long and can forget about the Prem. Remember all your posts this season because they'll be the most positive you'll have felt for years to come.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                        Lots of people latching onto U23s getting game time. It's a reflection of sub-optimal resources and putting a positive spin on the $hite we're in. We'll be in League 1 before long and can forget about the Prem. Remember all your posts this season because they'll be the most positive you'll have felt for years to come.
                        Can't agree Cricks. I genuinely believe we have a far better set up at the club (manager aside), than we've had in a very long time. Yeah, the Chairman is a buffoon, but at least he's surrounded himself with people capable of making the tough decisions for him.

                        The young players we have coming through are good, more than good enough for this level in Eze and Smyth's case. We are no longer wasting money on cr@p signings, and the last few wasters have been shown the exit door. Compare that to a few seasons back where we had a team full of mercenaries and the last player we'd brought through the youth system was Richard Langley.

                        Yeah, FFP is a concern, and we're probably gonna lose a few players this summer in order to keep our heads above water. But we're on the right path, and the encouraging thing is decent young players are selling for very big money these days. All it will take is for a couple of players to fetch a big transfer fee and things will look very different.

                        As I said above, I'd feel a lot better about things with a different manager in place. But I don't genuinely think we are on the slippery slope that you're predicting.
                        Co-Founder of the Dubai R's
                        Follow me on Twitter @Tarbie82

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                          Lots of people latching onto U23s getting game time. It's a reflection of sub-optimal resources and putting a positive spin on the $hite we're in. We'll be in League 1 before long and can forget about the Prem. Remember all your posts this season because they'll be the most positive you'll have felt for years to come.
                          I couldn't care less about the PL at the moment. We are so far from being a competitive side in that league it is untrue. Main focus, for me, is to be progressively competitive in this league and who is to say that a mix of U23's and some savvy moves in the transfer market can't push us on year on year ?

                          Personally don't think we'll be relegation fodder next season and am quite content to go under the radar building a decent side that can eventually flirt with the idea of promotion.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

                            I don't think the forums are a true representation of supporters view of Ollie. I am not saying he is that popular but just nowhere near as unpopular as these sites would have you believe.
                            There is untold moaning about Holloway where I sit about how poor his team selections are, his tactics, and substitutions, so maybe where you are is all Ollie lovers because they certainly aren't near me in the upper Loft,

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by dave58 View Post

                              There is untold moaning about Holloway where I sit about how poor his team selections are, his tactics, and substitutions, so maybe where you are is all Ollie lovers because they certainly aren't near me in the upper Loft,
                              Dave, I don't doubt what you are saying but just saying what I find. Not just where I sit, but amongst people I talk to on the journey. Not 'Ollie lovers' as such (because funnily enough you can have a view inbetween the two extremes) but thinking he is doing ok given the circumstances. Of course we could do better.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

                                Dave, I don't doubt what you are saying but just saying what I find. Not just where I sit, but amongst people I talk to on the journey. Not 'Ollie lovers' as such (because funnily enough you can have a view inbetween the two extremes) but thinking he is doing ok given the circumstances. Of course we could do better.
                                I find the general consensus is that he isn't the answer to us challenging but is doing ok. Would have to add that almost every substitution is met with a groan but that is nothing new after the clueless JFH and Redknapp.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X