Thank you Ian Holloway TIME to Go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Yeah, good shout with Gareth and he's certainly cut his teeth. IH has certainly moved things about a bit this season trying to find a way of winning. I just think he deserves next season and don't think the money is there to pay up his contract. But you guys see the team play more than me so you may well be right.
    You might be right about not having the funds to pay off Ollie mate. Previous managers certainly haven't been afforded as much patience as Ollie has.

You have to weigh up costs of paying him off against costs of keeping him though. For starters, I'm sure season tickets sales will be much higher if he is sacked. Plenty of my mates have said they won't bother next year if Ollie is still there.

Secondly, what about the development of our younger players? The likes of Eze, BOS, Furlong and Smyth may go onto be great players and make us millions. Or they may underachieve and leave for nothing at the end of their contracts. I think this largely rests in the hands of the manager, and I have little trust in Holloway to get the best out of them.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
      IH is not useless we just haven't had a striker who can stick 15-20 goals in a season. He has overseen high earners leave the club and had bloody a group of talented youngsters. He's doing a great job. I'm sure we'll Smithies, Loungo and Washy in the summer. But all we need perhaps is Marriott and a couple of CBs and we'll be top ten next season. It would be a shame to see IH go just as a new young team is coming together.

but if you guys want him gone, the bigger question is who will replace him? Please, don't say rookie Clint Hill.
      Think I agree with most of this in all honesty barring us being one player off top ten - think it is more than that.

If it was ever an option, I'd sell Luongo and do everything to buy Ryan Woods. That bloke has to be the most underrated midfielder in the division.

Comment

I think we all knew what we were going to get- jam yesterday,jam tomorrow but never jam today.There should be a law passed that makes garrulity an offence.My main gripe is that if we persist with eighties football we should charge eighties admission prices.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

You might be right about not having the funds to pay off Ollie mate. Previous managers certainly haven't been afforded as much patience as Ollie has.

You have to weigh up costs of paying him off against costs of keeping him though. For starters, I'm sure season tickets sales will be much higher if he is sacked. Plenty of my mates have said they won't bother next year if Ollie is still there.

Secondly, what about the development of our younger players? The likes of Eze, BOS, Furlong and Smyth may go onto be great players and make us millions. Or they may underachieve and leave for nothing at the end of their contracts. I think this largely rests in the hands of the manager, and I have little trust in Holloway to get the best out of them.
          Tarbs , obviously we mix in different circles but as a season ticket holder myself I don’t recognise the decline in S/T interest! All around where I sit have renewed as the early bird finishes end of this month, also know this from speaking to people in Adelaide and Blue & White pre game. Also know of at least 6 newbies for next year. Depends who you speak to I suppose

Comment

Would not fancy Ainsworth myself regardless of connection to the club. Yes he has done a good job but it would be yet another lazy appointment by the board. The DOF should be looking at every league in Europe for a bright up and coming coach to develop the kids we have at the club. Part of his role as DOF is to keep his eye on the ball and in touch wirh who is who in the football world.

Comment

His appointment was made for all the wrong reasons.

Retaining him is a false economy. He should have been sacked months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                Funny how no-one ever blames the players when we lose. Maybe because they are all world beaters?
                I agree with Mush to an extent.

No one physically tethers players so they can only operate within a given area or specifies a furrow along which they may only travel. Their inherent ability is coached, honed and developed in a football thinking environment.

They are individuals capable of independent thought and individual initiate. Not dumb chess pieces manoeuvred by some “master”. They should be able to recognise, initiate and capitalise on opportunities that arise. Clearly repercussions will arise for players (other than the likes of Adel) who are too maverick and deviate materially from a defined plan.

BUT, having sat quietly through the agony of the Preston game, and same old Rangers – no initiative, no anticipation, no cohesion, diabolical passing and movement – one thought kept popping into my mind:
                “Have these guys ever played together before?”

And that must come back to the Manager changing formations, often ill-advised and not suited to the available players, plus constant adjustments to the match squad can hardly engender an understanding and empathy between players. And that must be down to Ollie.

That is his part in the failures.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                  We get a thank you thread when we get our random wins here and there but f uck it I’ve had enough. Yes I’m writing this super p issed off but enough is enough.

You came in after another s hit manager in JFH, promising attacking football etc but you have delivered nothing; at best we are treading water.

We under your guidance are clueless and in the main turn out without a game plan as seen today. Pre match b ollocks about running them into the ground but f uck all of that on show today it’s all f ucking talk and hot air.

Three games this season against Brentford, no wins but eight conceded even though you have given big one before every game saying we’re up for it, we will play with passion, players know what it means as said above all f ucking hot air

But this s hit pit is way bigger then Brentford, they are the tip of the iceberg, six derbies this season and no wins, can’t win away, can’t keep clean sheets, can’t pick constant and stable side and go out every game with next to no tactics

you sir are the problem!!! Your a washed up dinosaur of a manager and in my humble opinion you are now killing the club.

Today for best part of 90mins you sat in your dug out!!!!!!!!! Not only did you sit in your dug out you sat in the second row back right hand side as far away from the action as you could possibly get!!!!! WHY????? In that position you had zero opportunity to influence game or motivate your players!!!!! The Brentford manager was visible for 90mins but you bottled it and hid in your dug out, when we needed you on the side of the pitch you were no where to be seen you sat behind the coaches and the subs and you’re supposed to be the leader!!!!

Your time is up and the way you sheepishly walked off the pitch you know your time is up too so do the right thing. You walked off in front of away end gave quick look and clap saw everyone saying f uck off and bimbled off

The game has moved on while you have stood still. Not everyone will agree with this but the above is an honest opinion after watching another shambolic display today and a season which went before of total and utter garbage

Your display on the touchline today tells me your heart is not in this!!!! You talk about passion but today you proved to me this is simply a job to you no more no less.

This club is Bigger then the Ian Holloway comedy show so step aside and let someone competent with passion have a go!!! The last thing I ever thought I would accuse you of is lack of passion but my god you lacked it today

i know this post won’t be to everyone’s liking but that’s an honest assessment, apologies in advance if it upsets some people but it needs saying

I cant disagree one bit I never wanted him still don't want him the sooner he's gone the better, but its not only him the DOF sits at our club taking a hefty wage around £1M a year if rumours are to be believed, so clearout needs to start from there down, before this club will get anywhere, you were correct about Saturday Smith scared the $hit out of them at home so leaves in on the bench and gives their defence a comfortable afternoon without breaking sweat until Smith came on, Olly's tactics and team selection are abysmal, especially for a game like this,

Comment

Working...
                  X