Thank you Ian Holloway TIME to Go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

I might be old school but IMO, there are 11 players on that pitch that should be able to adjust to how a game is going without having to look over to the dugout every 5 minutes to be told where to pass a ball.
    Decent players can take instruction and work to a plan. Problem is they'd probably be berated by the foolish man if they don't work to his 'plan' as he's got form for digging players out publicly.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
      Probably related to his mum dying wests.

If that was the case and he wasn't in the right frame of mind (which appears he wasn't) then first team duties should of been handed over to Bircham / Ramsey.
      Agree Jimmy and if was not their everyone would have understood. But once you turn up then for me there is element of expectation which goes with it. Perhaps would have been better in directors box given circumstances

Comment

Yep. Yet ANOTHER bad decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Macca View Post
          The guy is on another planet needs to go but with our owners it's not going to happen.
          I recall Mourinho saying “Wenger has the safest job in the Premier League” - Holloway actually has the safest job in world football. Doesn’t matter how poor we play or how crap our results are, his job is safe under Fernandes. He has been yet another disastrous appointment by Bungle. He even stated in his book that both Hoos and Ferdinand were against the idea of appointing Holloway....and yet here he is.....still.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post

Valid point. We've seen we can play some very good football so players are good enough to perform. So which players did you blame yesterday?
            Probably the entire midfield....essentially where the game is usually won or lost. Find it hard to blame a makeshift defence personally.

Not an uncommon theme this season but that "magnificent three" has held us back IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

I might be old school but IMO, there are 11 players on that pitch that should be able to adjust to how a game is going without having to look over to the dugout every 5 minutes to be told where to pass a ball.
              I never actually thought much of Brentford yesterday mush they looked far better side on their two visits to us earlier in season then they did yesterday. There a well beatable side on that showing yesterday and I’m even more convinced, if there one point off play offs,that with proper manager and current squad we could be equally competitive

Agree players should be able to adapt and think on pitch but you still need direction from the side when your struggling which we were.

Yesterday’s management team saw manager sat at back of dug out and Bircham (who I like) sat on the water cooler. Do you think that’s right or inspirational.

Yesterday off the pitch looked very very much like season is over flip flops on

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post

Decent players can take instruction and work to a plan. Problem is they'd probably be berated by the foolish man if they don't work to his 'plan' as he's got form for digging players out publicly.
                Possibly...would agree that Holloway needs to curb his public rants.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post

I never actually thought much of Brentford yesterday mush they looked far better side on their two visits to us earlier in season then they did yesterday. There a well beatable side on that showing yesterday and I’m even more convinced, if there one point off play offs,that with proper manager and current squad we could be equally competitive

Agree players should be able to adapt and think on pitch but you still need direction from the side when your struggling which we were.

Yesterday’s management team saw manager sat at back of dug out and Bircham (who I like) sat on the water cooler. Do you think that’s right or inspirational.

Yesterday off the pitch looked very very much like season is over flip flops on
                  Probably is a case of that to be honest mate. Job done for the season let's throw in some players and see what they are made of. Holloway did himself no favours by banging on about the game in the pressers beforehand....that is one thing he needs to stop....utterly pointless IMO.

Would like to see the back of this season, a few players fcked off in the summer and some decent recruiting. Start next season with a solid base and see if we can push on.

Comment

Good shout Mush on midfield. Scowen aside other four looked well off the pace

Comment

IH is not useless we just haven't had a striker who can stick 15-20 goals in a season. He has overseen high earners leave the club and had bloody a group of talented youngsters. He's doing a great job. I'm sure we'll Smithies, Loungo and Washy in the summer. But all we need perhaps is Marriott and a couple of CBs and we'll be top ten next season. It would be a shame to see IH go just as a new young team is coming together.

but if you guys want him gone, the bigger question is who will replace him? Please, don't say rookie Clint Hill.

Comment

It is time for a change just not sure it will be made this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                          It is time for a change just not sure it will be made this summer.
                          With one more transfer window coming up and youngsters have been introduced there will be bigger expectations next season. I really don't think he can be judged with all the changes that have happened. A poor start next season and he'll be gone by Xmas but not before

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                            IH is not useless we just haven't had a striker who can stick 15-20 goals in a season. He has overseen high earners leave the club and had bloody a group of talented youngsters. He's doing a great job. I'm sure we'll Smithies, Loungo and Washy in the summer. But all we need perhaps is Marriott and a couple of CBs and we'll be top ten next season. It would be a shame to see IH go just as a new young team is coming together.

but if you guys want him gone, the bigger question is who will replace him? Please, don't say rookie Clint Hill.
                            Can't agree with that mate. For starters we might have had a striker who could have bagged us 15-20 goals this season. Either Sylla or Smith could have been capable of that judging by their goals per game ratios, the problem is we've not consistently played either of them. We've chopped and changed between Mackie, Washington, Sylla, Smith, Oteh, Smyth, even BOS, Eze and Wheeler have been utilised as out and out strikers at some point this season. How can we expect a striker to consistently score us goals when the manager doesn't even know who his best strikers are?

As for next season, get Gareth Ainsworth in for me. He's done a decent job at Wycombe, and is ready for a step up. He also knows the club, is liked by the fans, and certainly won't break the bank. Ideal for our purposes at the moment!
                            Last edited by Tarbie; 22-04-2018, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Can't agree with that mate. For starters we might have had a striker who could have bagged us 15-20 goals this season. Either Sylla or Smith could have been capable of that judging by their goals per game ratios, the problem is we've not consistently played either of them. We've chopped and changed between Mackie, Washington, Sylla, Smith, Oteh, Smyth, even BOS, Eze and Wheeler have been utilised as out and out strikers at some point this season. How can we expect a striker to consistently score us goals when the manager doesn't even know who his best strikers are?

As for next season, get Gareth Ainsworth in for me. He's done a decent job at Wycombe, and is ready for a step up. He also knows the club, is liked by the fans, and certainly won't break the bank. Ideal for our purposes at the moment!
                              Yeah, good shout with Gareth and he's certainly cut his teeth. IH has certainly moved things about a bit this season trying to find a way of winning. I just think he deserves next season and don't think the money is there to pay up his contract. But you guys see the team play more than me so you may well be right.

Comment

"Rocky" Clint Hill!

Comment

Working...
                                X