Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Fair enough mate, I'll leave it alone.

Given that one of your admins responded in the first few minutes of this thread going up stating "it doesn't change a thing", I do think it's a bit harsh to make your critiscm of me so scathing, but as I say, I'll leave it alone. Clearly a sensitive subject and I'm sorry for any offence caused.
    That was me Tarbs and I think some have got the wrong end of the stick, just as they clearly have with you.

Firstly, I have known many posters on here for over 10 years and I can honestly say that I cannot think of a single one, regardless of other disagreements, who would intentionally be so crass as to use this to have another dig at IH. What has surprised me most is that anyone would actually think otherwise.

My original post was in fact intended to distinguish between two very separate things. One is a hugely personal tragedy for the manager. Way more important than the other which was just a game of football.

I stand by the word “”but”” which seems to be the issue to have caused others offence. Not because of any insensitivity, but because it specifically implies that the two things shouldn’t be linked.

For what it’s worth, I attach no blame to IH, the club, the reporter or anybody else for the way it may have been handled, because without being involved in it, one simply cannot know how any of the parties involved were thinking. For all we know, the club may have preferred IH to have not been involved in any way but gave in to his wishes out of respect.

A great shame that some are so quick to judge others, simply because they were looking at it from a slightly different perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post

That was me Tarbs and I think some have got the wrong end of the stick, just as they clearly have with you.

Firstly, I have known many posters on here for over 10 years and I can honestly say that I cannot think of a single one, regardless of other disagreements, who would intentionally be so crass as to use this to have another dig at IH. What has surprised me most is that anyone would actually think otherwise.

My original post was in fact intended to distinguish between two very separate things. One is a hugely personal tragedy for the manager. Way more important than the other which was just a game of football.

I stand by the word “but” which seems to be the issue to have caused others offence. Not because of any insensitivity, but because it specifically implies that the two things shouldn’t be linked.

For what it’s worth, I attach no blame to IH, the club, the reporter or anybody else for the way it may have been handled, because without being involved in it, one simply cannot know how any of the parties involved were thinking. For all we know, the club may have preferred IH to have not been involved in any way but gave in to his wishes out of respect.

A great shame that some are so quick to judge others, simply because they were looking at it from a slightly different perspective.
      Top post Brighton and am in full agreement with Tarbes posts on this thread.

​​​​​

nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Think Tarbs has been unfairly pulled here as have others when I am positive no disrespect or offence was meant. If posts were intentionally to provoke then my god beat those in question and let me join the queue. As said before if anyone needs tugging its the plum Inchenzo

As for people running to admin that’s bit sly in my book, I’m sure that will upset some to read, what’s wrong with going direct to the person in question via DM and saying come on fella I don’t like that smarten up that’s the adult thing to do. Maybe I’m old fashioned

Comment

Firstly, I was not pointing a finger at anyone person. Sorry Tarbs if you thought I was singling you out.
          My point was (I promise I will drop this after this post and should anyone want to converse further with my on this subject, I would be happy to oblidge via PM).
          The point I am making is the thread was started to inform us that Ollies mum had passed away.
          To me that suggests this would be a good place to offer condolences, exactly the same as we would do for the death of anyone connected to our club.
          But it didn't turn out that way, condolences were offered but some had to put a but or an if at the end.
          A condolence should be a condolence and nothing more.

I know that nobody on here would intentionally try to be disrespectful to Ollie at a time like this, regardless of their personal views of him as a manager.

But it did seem harsh, especially as anyone who has been on this site more than 5 minutes, already knows what most members views in Ollie are. Almost every thread turns into an anti Ollie fest. Therefore there should be no need to continue it on here with conspiracy theories etc.
          F me, what human being would use the death of a parent as an excuse to defend a poor performance?
          Minds Are Like Parachutes.
          Work Best When Open...
          @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Have some respect people.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
              Have some respect people.
              I agree. Let's leave it there.

Comment

Working...
              X