No announcement yet.

Holloway lost his mother on thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm disappointed with a few on here. Not because of their views on IH, they are clearly entitled to those. I'm disappointed that they genuinely seem to feel this announcement was 'spin'.

Comment

Read the whole post Cricks not just one part you highlight

for all the criticism of the club, By many on other matters, using a death on purpose is not something I would accuse them of and my point is the views of the manager are leading people to think this assumption

the person who should be dug out is Inchenzo, he’s the one with loose lips. Any announcement should have come via Ollie or club had he wanted it shared.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
        I'm disappointed with a few on here. Not because of their views on IH, they are clearly entitled to those. I'm disappointed that they genuinely seem to feel this announcement was 'spin'.
        Truly unbelievable isn’t it.
        For the “cynics”, ask yourself this.
        Imagine you had a friend or colleague who had an important deadline to meet at work or something important to organise.
        Whilst preparing themselves and their team for that they suffered the loss of their parent but asked for it to be kept under wraps so as not to distract or disrupt their preparations, nor the preparations of the people working with them.
        You would hopefully respect and admire their decision and professionalism but if you knew the knives would be out from some, should your friend or colleague not quite deliver with their task, would you not feel compelled to tell those people what had happened as soon as the job was done, instead of standing back and watching the inevitable vitriolic onslaught against your friend, at the very time when they are able to finally focus on dealing with their grief.
        “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
        Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post

Truly unbelievable isn’t it.
          For the “cynics”, ask yourself this.
          Imagine you had a friend or colleague who had an important deadline to meet at work or something important to organise.
          Whilst preparing themselves and their team for that they suffered the loss of their parent but asked for it to be kept under wraps so as not to distract or disrupt their preparations, nor the preparations of the people working with them.
          You would hopefully respect and admire their decision and professionalism but if you knew the knives would be out from some, should your friend or colleague not quite deliver with their task, would you not feel compelled to tell those people what had happened as soon as the job was done, instead of standing back and watching the inevitable vitriolic onslaught against your friend, at the very time when they are able to finally focus on dealing with their grief.
          I think this is probably a fair assessment of what's most likely happened.

It really is a shame that we've come to this. Shouldn't ever really have a scenario where outside parties are fighting the manager's corner for him like this. Also shouldn't really be in a scenario where the manager needs protecting in this fashion.

I suppose the point is you have to respect the individuals wishes in this type of circumstance. And if Ollies wishes were to lead the team against Brentford, and for the fans not to know what he's was going through until after the game, then what else could have been done?

Personally I wouldn't have put myself through that. If I were Ollie, I'd have probably said 'the season is effectively over, Ramsey/Les/Birch can handle this, I need a weekend out of the limelight'. I also think it's a shame that the players (who clearly must have known) couldn't have dug something out for their manager. If ever there was a game where he needed a performance, this was probably it, for a number of reasons.

Comment

Correct Tarbie

Comment

Unbelievable, even after being called out on a condolence thread some still want to drag this on on here.
              Begs belief it really does. Surely another thread could of been created to discuss the whys and why nots of the timing of the announcement?
              But as long as we put a but or an if in there, its not disrespectful.
              Minds Are Like Parachutes.
              Work Best When Open...
              @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                Read the whole post Cricks not just one part you highlight

for all the criticism of the club, By many on other matters, using a death on purpose is not something I would accuse them of and my point is the views of the manager are leading people to think this assumption

the person who should be dug out is Inchenzo, he’s the one with loose lips. Any announcement should have come via Ollie or club had he wanted it shared.
                Not a dig at you. Highlighting the spin that some fans can put on anything.

Sad time when any family member passes away.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                  Unbelievable, even after being called out on a condolence thread some still want to drag this on on here.
                  Begs belief it really does. Surely another thread could of been created to discuss the whys and why nots of the timing of the announcement?
                  But as long as we put a but or an if in there, its not disrespectful.
                  Sorry Frags, did I miss another thread discussing the timing of this announcement, whilst also simultaneously failing to recognise this thread as one solely for the purpose of offering condolences for Ollie's loss? And let's be fair, everyone who has commented on this thread bar none has offered their condolences in a sincere manner.

I don't understand what the issue is with discussing the timing and delivery of the announcement. Why is that insensitive? Bar Hits (who was a little blunt, and has since acknowledged that), I haven't seen anything disrespectful written on this thread. Merely a few people genuinely querying why a.) Ollie would want to put himself through this, and b.) why the announcement went through a party outside of the club, at more or less the exact moment of the final whistle.

I mean this in no disrespect to Ollie who has clearly had an incredibly challenging few weeks, but the whole matter could have really been handled in a better fashion. It surprises me that the club let it all unfold like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Sorry Frags, did I miss another thread discussing the timing of this announcement, whilst also simultaneously failing to recognise this thread as one solely for the purpose of offering condolences for Ollie's loss? And let's be fair, everyone who has commented on this thread bar none has offered their condolences in a sincere manner.

I don't understand what the issue is with discussing the timing and delivery of the announcement. Why is that insensitive? Bar Hits (who was a little blunt, and has since acknowledged that), I haven't seen anything disrespectful written on this thread. Merely a few people genuinely querying why a.) Ollie would want to put himself through this, and b.) why the announcement went through a party outside of the club, at more or less the exact moment of the final whistle.

I mean this in no disrespect to Ollie who has clearly had an incredibly challenging few weeks, but the whole matter could have really been handled in a better fashion. It surprises me that the club let it all unfold like this.
                    I agree Tarbs that nobody was intentionally trying to be disrespectful. But as stated, its a condolence thread.
                    As we know, employees of our club read this forum. Can you imagine their thoughts about us when they saw this thread?
                    Surely you must agree that a separate thread should of been created to discuss the timing of the announcement?
                    I lost a parent last year, and I know a few on here have also experienced this type of loss, and during these times, all other issues fade to the background.
                    There should never ever be any ifs or buts when offering condolences.
                    I have been approached by a few members to ask why we have allowed this thread to continue, the truth is we are currently experiencing issues with moving, merging or editing threads/posts since the recent forum upgrade.
                    I understand the frustration and divide that Ollie has created since his return, but surely we should save the questions and concerns for another thread.
                    Work Best When Open...
                    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Frags mate, the OP of this thread signed off with - It doesn't change my view we need a new manager, but just so we all know'.

I think that puts to rest any suggestion the thread was started purely to offer condolences. You see my point?

Comment

Frags mate, the OP of this thread signed off with - It doesn't change my view we need a new manager, but just so we all know'.

I think that puts to rest any suggestion the thread was started purely to offer condolences. You see my point?
                        I took it the other way to be honest. To me the OP was basically saying “ yes we lost a London Derby and yes he’s not the manager to take us forward but go easy on a day like today guys”
                        Instead of which certain people felt the need to remind us what a shite manager they think he is or conjure up conspiracy theories or at the very least whinge yet again about how the club mishandled a situation. Surely the decent thing to do would have been to offer condolences and leave it at that.
                        If the urge to get another dig in at Ollie, Fernandez and co about how the they’re leading our club was that overwhelming, just click onto one of the numerous, more appropriate threads.
                        This isn’t directed at you personally btw.
                        “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                        Will Danaher

Comment

Lucky he confirmed his stance on that otherwise we would all be confused. How else would we know that all the others that added ifs and buts were in favour of Ollie being our manager.
                          Also good to know that a thread entitled about someone dieing, won't necessarily be a thread to just offer condolences.
                          Ironically just received a message asking how someone with views such as yours in this thread actually won Poster of The Year.
                          Usually enjoy reading your posts and tend to normally agree with tbe majority of what you say, but in this instance, I cannot find justification, and the fact your are continuing to try and justify these comments is becoming a bit embarrassing for our forum.
                          Work Best When Open...
                          @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Fair enough Itso. And to be clear, I never meant any disrespect in any of my comments. I know how it feels to lose someone close. It's a much bigger deal than football.
                            Last edited by Tarbie; 24-04-2018, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post

Lucky he confirmed his stance on that otherwise we would all be confused. How else would we know that all the others that added ifs and buts were in favour of Ollie being our manager.
                              Also good to know that a thread entitled about someone dieing, won't necessarily be a thread to just offer condolences.
                              Ironically just received a message asking how someone with views such as yours in this thread actually won Poster of The Year.
                              Usually enjoy reading your posts and tend to normally agree with tbe majority of what you say, but in this instance, I cannot find justification, and the fact your are continuing to try and justify these comments is becoming a bit embarrassing for our forum.
                              Fair enough mate, I'll leave it alone.

Given that one of your admins responded in the first few minutes of this thread going up stating "it doesn't change a thing", I do think it's a bit harsh to make your critiscm of me so scathing, but as I say, I'll leave it alone. Clearly a sensitive subject and I'm sorry for any offence caused.
                              Last edited by Tarbie; 24-04-2018, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Fair enough Itso. And to be clear, I never meany any disrespect in any of my comments. I know how it feels to lose someone close. It's a much bigger deal than football.
                                And I respect that Tarbs, I truly do, and as I said above, I'm sure nobody on here meant any disrespect, but we have to be mindful of what we post and where we post at times like this.
                                Imagine how anyone connected to Ollie felt reading this thread.
                                It wasn't that long ago we had the issue with the Wilkins thread.
                                Work Best When Open...
                                @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Working...
                                X