Holloway lost his mother on thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
    Very sad news, but doesn’t change a thing.
    Be careful with this kind of talk on here. When I dared remark that the AirAsia plane crash should not affect how the club is managed in that crucial January transfer window when procrastination would cost us dear (and it did) - and when I commented on Rio Ferdinand wife's disease affecting his performances for us but not his desire to keep getting paid for the ridiculously lucrative "Standard Pathetic QPR Journeyman Contract" - they tried to hound me out of here.

Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

That's a really poor comment. Very poor.
      Very poor for the person (incenzo) to release this news as soon as the full time whistle is blown.

​​​As well as uncle tweeting it.

​​​​​​It could have been said on Thursday or Friday..... Even this morning.
      But to release it at 4.50 on Saturday after losing once again to our rivals is poor.

Just my opinion and no malice intended.

Again condolences to the family at this time.
      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post

Very poor for the person (incenzo) to release this news as soon as the full time whistle is blown.

But to release it at 4.50 on Saturday after losing once again to our rivals is poor.

I can see your point there hits.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

I can see your point there hits.
          Me too Dave. The timing is suspect, to say the least.

Mainly because such a devastating blow to Ollie and his famly is way more important than a football match. And to somehow link the two is very poor.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post

Yes and no doubt you would have said they were getting their excuses in early then. As I said, a very poor post and saying 'no malice intended' after does not mean there was no malice intended. There clearly was.

Comment

Yes and no doubt you would have said they were getting their excuses in early then. As I said, a very poor post and saying 'no malice intended' after does not mean there was no malice intended. There clearly was.
              Not at all.
              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

I personally think Hits has made a good point CCJ......even if the delivery was a little blunt.

Why would they announce something like that bang on the final whistle? Or to take that a step further, would it still have still announced on the final whistle if we'd won? The timing of the whole thing just makes it look like there has been a coordinated effort to divert blame from the manager for yet another poor performance. The whole scenario is a bit strange. Ollie should have probably stayed home with the family and left Les and Ramsey to run things.

Comment

Need a timeline on this....who exactly announced it? Incenzo or QPR? Ollie may have not wanted it to be known before the game as it might disrupt preparation. Also it's an emotional time and you want to stay professional and get through the job without everyone bringing it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                    Need a timeline on this....who exactly announced it? Incenzo or QPR? Ollie may have not wanted it to be known before the game as it might disrupt preparation. Also it's an emotional time and you want to stay professional and get through the job without everyone bringing it up.
                    I think Tony Incenzo announced it on full time and Fernandes retweeted it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

I think Tony Incenzo announced it on full time and Fernandes retweeted it.
                      Incenzo is a not a club employee afaik. I know he does club commentary in preseason but as he boringly points out several times during...that is as an unpaid fan. Is there a suggestion that someone in the club asked Incenzo to leak the news or am I missing something? Incenzo was there working for Talksport on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

I personally think Hits has made a good point CCJ......even if the delivery was a little blunt.

Why would they announce something like that bang on the final whistle? Or to take that a step further, would it still have still announced on the final whistle if we'd won? The timing of the whole thing just makes it look like there has been a coordinated effort to divert blame from the manager for yet another poor performance. The whole scenario is a bit strange. Ollie should have probably stayed home with the family and left Les and Ramsey to run things.
                        Sorry I just don't agree. I think it would have been announced either way.

Comment

An insensitive response to a very sensitive event that inevitably leads to conspiracy theories.

Comment

Sorry I just don't agree. I think it would have been announced either way.
                            Maybe so mate. Can't blame the cynical amongst us (and I include myself in that) for questioning the timing of the announcement. Whether Incenzo or the club made the call to let the cat out of the bag on the final whistle is impossible to know. But it certainly feels like it was done take a bit of responsibility for the loss off Ollie's shoulders.

Anyway, my heart goes out to Ollie, losing a parent is a terrible thing. As I said above, he probably should have taken the weekend off. Some things are bigger than football.

Comment

I think the views on Holloway are so widespread now whatever happens there are questions and suspicions

it does seem quite fortuitous we get done then this comes out which quite rightly dampens down criticism, if I’m being honest had I known I don’t think I would have done my post match thread, although what I said was in my opinion justified

what is for sure though is that the managers stature has plummeted so far that even a death of a loved one attracts conspiracy theories, which actually when you look at the bigger picture is a shame given his historical attachment to club

so many similarities to Wenger at Arsenal hero to zero

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                                it does seem quite fortuitous we get done then this comes out which quite rightly dampens down criticism
                                Brilliant by Ian Taylor.

Connecting a sad family event with covering an unconnected trivial outcome is setting the bar really low

Comment

Working...
                                X