Brentford Match Team News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brentford Match Team News

RANGERS boss Ian Holloway has told www.qpr.co.uk that his team may well be without defensive duo Alex Baptiste and Jack Robinson for Saturday’s trip to face Brentford in the Sky Bet Championship.

There’ll be a late call on Baptiste, who is currently being assessed for a knee injury picked up this week, while Robinson has gone down with an illness.

With captain Nedum Onuoha still suspended and Grant Hall and Joel Lynch out for the remainder of the campaign, Ollie admitted that he may well have to blood at least one more youngster at Griffin Park.

“We’ve got a bit of an injury crisis in defence,” Ollie explained. “Baps has a problem with his knee and Robbo is ill.

“We’ll find out about Baps today – but it’s not really ideal on the Friday before a game.

“However, it gives me the chance to play one or two other younger ones and see if they can step in.

“It’s a good opportunity to see what I’ve got ahead of next year – but I want the young ones to impress us and make a name for themselves.”
    https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news...iss-brentford/

Ian Holloway has hinted that Matt Ingram will start for QPR as they prepare for the west London derby with Brentford.

The former Wycombe Wanderers goalkeeper made his first league appearance for the Hoops in almost two years as the Rs fell to a 2-1 defeat against Preston North End at Loftus Road.

The 24-year-old looked comfortable between the sticks, and with Alex Smithies set to become a father this week, Holloway has said that more opportunities are on the horizon for Ingram.

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/spor...ngram-14550094

Comment

Just hope we dont take this game too lightly !

Comment

Getting in the excuses early, sounds like he's waving the white flag before we even get there

Comment

Really hope Smithies plays. Defence then maybe Perch & Furlong in the middle...Kakay & Bids fullbacks

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
            Really hope Smithies plays. Defence then maybe Perch & Furlong in the middle...Kakay & Bids fullbacks
            Holloway has already stated that Ingram will deffo play. Looks like we are in real trouble tomorrow. Bet Holloway now wishes he kept his trap shut. Forgot that Perch is available, reckon he may even go with Mackie at right back!

Comment

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/spor...mpression=true

Comment

Fck me we are going to get torn apart !!

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                  Getting in the excuses early, sounds like he's waving the white flag before we even get there
                  Pretty legitimate excuse - our first four CBs either injured or suspended

Comment

To be honest I am going and expecting very little. They still have something to play for and we once again have an unsettled side due to injuries in defence. Fortunately nothing is riding on it other than bragging rights but I would love to repeat what we did at Fulham. That was a brilliant afternoon.

Comment

The Rangers boss, who has made no secret about his dislike of Brentford in the past, revealed that he had rested players against Preston so they would be fresh for the contest at Griffin Park.

And he added that he felt it was about time QPR had some bragging rights, while it has allowed Bees fans to describe Saturday's game as Rangers and Holloway's cup final.

He said: "I rested one or two to play in that game – and we’ve got to get about them like our life depends on it.

“We’ve got a local derby coming up. I can’t wait to get over there and absolutely chase them until they make mistakes.

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/spor...mpression=true

Comment

The way we constantly get defenders injured might be something the club has to look at.. Seems to happen far to often to be just bad luck.

Comment

I'm guessing Perch will have to play centre half alongside a youngster if that's the case. Sounds a bit flimsy.

Interesting that Ingram may play again this week. I suspect Smithies might be going in the summer!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                            I'm guessing Perch will have to play centre half alongside a youngster if that's the case. Sounds a bit flimsy.

Interesting that Ingram may play again this week. I suspect Smithies might be going in the summer!
                            Thought Smithies Mrs is having / just had a sprog ? Could be less likely to move with a newborn (or narrows it to London teams).

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

seems that way, maybe giles phillips will get a chance next to perch with furlong on the right? or alternatively kakay will play rb with furs and perch in the middle. hopefully it wont be a bullcrap back 3 again!

Comment

Working...
                              X