X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever Been in The Matchday Programme?

If so, we might be able to dig out the photo

if so, when was it?
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

3 times

Can't remember which ones, but I have 2 of them in my shed!!!
    Your mum would love me...

Comment

no but was 'mentioned' on talksport this afternoon....................
      you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

1993 v aston villa won 2-1 bradley allen and sir les, i was in it cause it was my birthday, a very proud moment indeed

Comment

yep when the wife and i got engaged can't remember the game..... also when the wife was pictured at a barcelona game wearing a qpr shirt again can't remember the game!!!

Comment

I have once and my dad many times. He is on the front page of a programme, with my uncle, i believe it was from 1976-77 season - i have it in the loft.

Comment

Had a mention once for me birthday, cant remember if there was a picture involved. I know Mauro Milanese was on the cover

Comment

When I was a junior r ages ago had name mentioned.
                @chrisrobson9

Comment

Yes I'm in it when I was Mascot years ago. If i have time I will get a photo up
                  Now, Then, Forever
                  [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Comment

I've been in a couple of times. Firstly at home to Leeds, the year they last won the league, and we wn 4-1. It was with my daughter, and my mate, and his son. Then last season with my boy, om holiday, in Puerto Rico.
                    Also my sons football team, which I used to run, were in at at home to Wigan a few years ago. Furlong scored the only goal.

Comment

I had my face in there for the entire season 03/04

If anyone has any old programs Number 40 was my squad number

Just below Furs on the kit sponsors page

Comment

Yeah Home v Charlton this season when my album came out, they kindly did a small piece on me

Comment

Did you appear in the matchday programme?

Yep, many times in the late 80's.

I was the guy responsible for the ill-fated "QPR In The Universe Cup" series.

Initially, it was written as a 20 part Roy of the Rovers spoof series to run in every home programme throughout the season. In reality, due to lack of programme space, it only appeared around 4 or 5 times, seemed un-ended and baffled everyone.

Still, it helped to give it iconic status as the "worst feature ever to appear in any matchday programme" - not that it needed much help.

Through it, I became a friend of "Statistics Wizard" Derek Buxton and he used to name-check me in the programme until we lost touch because the "men in white coats" wouldn't let me write or make phone calls.

Comment

Originally posted by RussRanger View Post
                            Yep, many times in the late 80's.

I was the guy responsible for the ill-fated "QPR In The Universe Cup" series.

Initially, it was written as a 20 part Roy of the Rovers spoof series to run in every home programme throughout the season. In reality, due to lack of programme space, it only appeared around 4 or 5 times, seemed un-ended and baffled everyone.

Still, it helped to give it iconic status as the "worst feature ever to appear in any matchday programme" - not that it needed much help.

Through it, I became a friend of "Statistics Wizard" Derek Buxton and he used to name-check me in the programme until we lost touch because the "men in white coats" wouldn't let me write or make phone calls.
                            Great story!

I forgot about Derek - think he got treated pretty harshly at the time?

Dont remember that series, I'll have to dig out some old programmes and have a gander!!
                            Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

He did get treated pretty harshly at the time. One month he got treated pretty harshly 34 times but his record was set in September 1983 when he was treated pretty harshly 106 times.

Hope all copies of the programmes from that season - somewhere between 87 and 89/90, I think? - have been burned. But probably not.

For the record, I was paid £10 per episode. Derek Buxton got a complimentary season ticket for his contribution and went on to collect around 27 season tickets in this manner.

Comment

Working...
                              X