**Straight Choice**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blackstock all day long.
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

my post was a reading error apologies.

Comment

Depends what league the 25 year old with 44 goals was in ;)

Experience of the league is important but also are the conditions under which he has played, such as 4-5-1 or 3-4-3, all changes the way a player plays and responds.

Add in into that some attitudes of managers and players, they all have to flick the right switches to make it happen .

So I would need more scouting info before I made a choice SPC ;)
        The future's bright...the future is blue and white.
        :grimace:

Comment

You've made some good points Neo.

The reason I asked this question was because we have a player who is 3 years younger than another player that a lot of fans want but that player is yet to score a goal at this level. But they would rather have him than the younger player.

Comment

Stats don't always tell the whole story I think Blackstock is a fairly good forward and I would certainly keep him but I'd buy Beckford as well!

Comment

Funny how certain players become so desired. Cox has scored slightly more goals than beckford in a worse team and is likely to cost considerably less. is beckford really better or is it just that he plays for a once great club so is perceived to be "desirable"?

Comment

hhhmmm
                A 25 year old might just have his head screwed on a little more than the younger guy but that's not a given.

As we are in limbo between 4-5-1 and 4-4-2 I would wait to see what our current players respond like to the changes in formation and moving to the 'express yourself' attacking mantality of Wild thing.

I personally would tell my player to entertain and go for those little flicks and try things.
                I would also ask my players where they feel they most fit into any given system, if they have a personally prefered position or mentality then that's where they will operate best (if this is viable of course)

Easily said than done.

One other factor which might change all of this is:
                Is this other striker a 'striker' or forward. If he is a selfish goal poaching striker then it probably wouldn't matter who he played for, as given the feed of balls he's probably be in the right place at the right time .

If I had to choose though I'd say the proven in this league player would have the edge to me,simply because the culture change isn't required. If either one is a striker (poacher type) the this isn't so much of an issue.

Some people are team players and have to feel part of a team and others are Ronaldo's and think only of themselves, both are qualities to be used in football.

Comment

Damn I waffled far to much then. Almost didn't bother hitting 'post' then

Comment

I would bring in a 35 yr old on loan! ;) Seriously....the first option!
                    I came here to chew gum and kick ass,and I'm all outta gum!

Comment

Working...
                    X