Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why will Beckford be a success in the Championship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why will Beckford be a success in the Championship?

I've asked this a number of times now and still not had an actual reason as to why people think that Beckford will be a success at this level.

So why will he be a success?

He is a natural goalscorer, those are pretty useful at this level !!!!
    CHAMPIONS
    Ainsworth is a Legend http://twitter.com/#!/ChrisHermitage Has scored at Loftus Road

Comment

I'm noit saying his a bad player as I like the look of him, but if he was that good why hasn't he been snapped up? I haven't heard his name mentioned once in a transfer story??
      @chrisrobson9

Comment

I have given my thoughts before mate.

I honestly think he's a good option, and better than Gary Hooper or Simon Cox because...

He can score with both feet, and his head.
        He is fast and skillful.
        He is an intelegent player.
        He has a hunger to succeed.
        From Wealdstone to Leeds in a short space of time is massively fast progression, and he's looked comfortable every step he's made up so far.

Not only is he a scorer of many goals, but also a scorer of quality goals. He can hit a ball from distance, can catch the keeper off his line and has the ability to beat his man comfortably.

I really think this guy is the complete package.

We'll never know unless we try him, but I feel he is a better candidate than any other in his league to make the step to CCC football with ease.
        Your mum would love me...

Comment

That is true but have Hooper or Lambert been linked with other clubs in transfer stories???? I know Simon Cox has been linked with some lowly Prem teams. If Leeds dont come up, which i obviously hope does happen, then i can see him moving on. Also i imagine Leeds quote a very high price to any teams that enquired in January
          CHAMPIONS
          Ainsworth is a Legend http://twitter.com/#!/ChrisHermitage Has scored at Loftus Road

Comment

He won't be. Many, many clubs have looked at all aspects of Beckford, both on and off the pitch and walked away (including us a few years ago). Makes you wonder why?? ;)

Beckford=Izale McLeod.

Do not touch with the proverbial bargepole.

Comment

Mcleod has gone seriously downhill since he joined Charlton but he has had injuries, i think he has a serious injury at the moment
              CHAMPIONS

Comment

Having seen Beckford a few times he is class. Good first touch, quick feet and can score. At least Championship level. Maybe he has attitude problems Leon Knight wise. The quality is most definitely there.

Comment

Yea, he's proved himself in league 1, I think he would be ready to step up to Championship level just looking at what he can do.
                  We're Queens Park Rangers, we rule supreme

Comment

Good to hear all your views - only ask because people are always quick to suggest that we sign him but rarely give a reason why.

Comment

dont think he will score as many goals in championship as defences will be better and if he stays at leeds they wont create as many chances as they have this season.

Comment

It is definitely a gamble, but I think he will score goals in the championship
                        ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

He didn't last time and it would be a very expensive gamble.
                          "Originally Posted by qblockpete
                          QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
                          Swansea will finish in bottom 6
                          Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

Think he'll get goals in the Championship but would honestly prefer Hooper. You have more time to mould Hooper into an even better player than Beckford considering I think Gary is 5 years younger than Beckford
                            Everyday Plumbers Bristol
                            63 Sommerville Road, Bristol, BS7 9AD.
                            0117 239 1217
                            http://redlandplumbing.co.uk/

Comment

You have asked this many times and I'm pretty sure I have answered many times IMO and that is all it can be at the moment an opinion he is not only a natural goalscorer of that there can be no doubt, he has had two great seasons with Leeds he also has the right physical build for this league!
                              He is far bigger than Cox or Hooper and would be more suited IMO to the physical side of the game as well as having the goalscoring ability! He would be one of the first players I would sign personally!

Comment

Working...
                              X