Funny thing I saw at Harlington yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny thing I saw at Harlington yesterday

As you read I popped there to get a ball signed to auction for a good cause (which I'll sort out later, having a few problems getting the pics off my phone of it)

Anyway, basically the players couldnt go in to eat until they'd scored a goal past Elvis. Take a shot, if you miss, go to the back of the line, if you score you can eat.

Some of them had shockers! ;D Despite being on fire thru out training Hogan couldnt score for toffee and neither could Vine. What didnt help was the fact the goalkeeper was well on song, making some blinding saves.

I think it ended up - a good 10 minutes after everyone else had scored, Vine, Legs, Hogan and Alberti..taking shot after shot after shot and either skying it, slicing it or having it saved.

The person I felt for was Elvis..he was probably thinking, FFS, I'm starving, shall i just let them bloody score. Wouldnt have mattered if he did considering they just kept fluffing it. Legs scored a screamer and I mean a screamer and the players that were left started singing the legs song we sing for him

I tell you one thing though...oh my lord does SDC have a shot on him. Throughout yesterday he scored some frigging crackers and I mean screamers...break the tips of your fingers off style screamers.

Seeing him play with someone up with him, well, I think he actually could be a very good threat for us. Be interesting to see him paired up with a big striker and him playing off Owen stylee maybe.
    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

good read, i also think dicarmine would make a good striker given his movement and would be great as you said partnered with a target man.

Comment

I heard the players were locked out yesterday or is that just an old rumour that was never proved and was in fact a load of rubbish?

Comment

Harlington Globetrotters?

Comment

SDC will make a blinding striker (in the conference)...
          "Originally Posted by qblockpete
          QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
          Swansea will finish in bottom 6
          Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

I'm sure the kit man cleared that up Paul
            http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

Originally posted by writtler View Post
              SDC will make a blinding striker (in the conference)...
              Honestly, he looked a different level yesterday. We all appreciate his work rate but, yesterday he was burying some serious shots in and playing some great link-up play. Looked a different player all together (i had to actualy check it was him :amazing: )
              Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

So did Rehman and Moore in training!
                "Originally Posted by qblockpete
                QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
                Swansea will finish in bottom 6
                Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

I notice this before games in the warm up that sammy knows how to strike the ball at goal. Only one who constantly scores.
                  @chrisrobson9

Comment

Bring back Zesh!
                    We're Queens Park Rangers, we rule supreme

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
                      Vine, Legs, Hogan and Alberti..taking shot after shot after shot and either skying it, slicing it or having it saved.
                      LOL story of our season ...surprised Helguson is not in with that little lot ...or is he injured again?

Comment

Di carmine HAS got the potential. Just at the moment isn't at the level we need him to be

Comment

Originally posted by w12chris View Post
                          I notice this before games in the warm up that sammy knows how to strike the ball at goal. Only one who constantly scores.
                          Agreed - sit in the front row of Upper Loft, right behind the goal - and for sure he has the most powerfull shot of all our players.
                          #standuptocancer
                          #inyourfacecancer

Comment

in one of the interviews in the programme a keeper (can't remeber which one) said that he was the person he hated having to save shots because apparently they are really fierce

Comment

SDC has some power behind he's shot and poor keeper for having to put up with that and very surprised to see Vine the last man standing when everyone else was having something to eat.

They all look like they get on very well and seem to enjoy training.

Comment

Working...
                              X