No announcement yet.

De Canio Set To Return?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so translated that means "if we had won more football games we would have been a lot higher up the league." hmm...

Comment

Hey, we needed to be told though as we are obviously stupid! :amazing:

Comment

Lecce lose again! 3 points off safety with 6 to play. Its looking more and more likely that Lecce will go down and his contract won't be renewed.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
          Lecce lose again! 3 points off safety with 6 to play. Its looking more and more likely that Lecce will go down and his contract won't be renewed.
          If they go down, then he will be made hot hot favorite by the bookies to take the QPR job, you watch.

Comment

So if we hired, say, Gareth Southgate or some other manager who was just presiding over a relegation from the English Premier League no one on here would exactly be doing cartwheels. I appreciate DiCanio wasn't with Lecce from the start of the season, but why do we overlook his recent record when the only way we are likely to get him is if his current team go down.

Comment

Difference is maybe we are not playing AC Milan or Roma (2 games he has lost) we are playing Barnsley and Norwich:boss:
              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

I don't want De Canio. The man has very poor english as I have struggled to understand him so I can only imagine how tricky it is to understand 1 of his team talks.
                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

DeCanio

Not often I agree with Stainrodsalegend (although I always liked Stainrod the player, frustrating though he often was) but I fear he's right about GG. Bad mistake. Lovely bloke, but definitely NOT what we need now.

Comment

De Canio

Havind said that, reckon its very probably a done deal sadly. Still, with a bit of luck he'll be gone by Xmas.

Comment

• Really??? Do you think he will make it past pre season?

Comment

• DE Canio

W12, yes he will make it past pre-season if only because even Flav will get sick of the constant chopping & changing. Personally, if appointed he deserves a fair go, that means at least until Xmas but we will need a new manager/coach ready for the transfer window in January ideally (if the new man is able to bring in players he wants).
                        Last edited by bushkangaroo; 20-04-2009, 02:05 PM. Reason: W12 should be WeareQPR12

Comment

• The problem with the appointment of gi gi is that not only is his english poor, it also means that Paladini will be signing all the players.

Comment

• Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                            Difference is maybe we are not playing AC Milan or Roma (2 games he has lost) we are playing Barnsley and Norwich:boss:
                            What about the other 2 lost?
                            "Originally Posted by qblockpete
                            QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
                            Swansea will finish in bottom 6
                            Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

• Just to clarify things

Well Gigi was appointed on the 9th March, since then the results have been

Sun. 15 Final Palermo 5 - 2 Lecce 20,000 Italian Serie A
                              Sun. 22 Final Lecce 2 - 2 Atalanta 7,534 Italian Serie A
                              Sun. 5 Final AC Milan 2 - 0 Lecce 53,021 Italian Serie A
                              Sat. 11 Final Lecce 1 - 3 Sampdoria 10,232 Italian Serie A
                              Sun. 19 Final AS Roma 3 - 2 Lecce 34,308 Italian Serie A

and when your luck isn't in

Lecce Infuriated By Refereeing Against Roma
                              The Salentini's efforts against Roma did not reap rewards and they have pointed the finger at the referee...
                              19 Apr 2009 17:02:49

Lecce were defeated 3-2 by Roma at the Stadio Olimpico on Sunday, a match in which refereeing decisions proved to be crucial as Francesco Totti's spot-kick was the winner and Lecce were reduced to ten men when searching for a later equaliser.

The loss brings the southern Italians a step closer to relegation and they were not impressed, to say the least, with the officiating performance of referee Paolo Mazzoleni.

"Mr. Mazzoleni started laughing when our players were asking questions about the penalty given to Roma," vice-president of Lecce, Mario *****i, snapped on the program Stadio Sprint.

"We have already asked that [Paolo] Dondarini is not appointed in charge of our matches. I am seeing a lot of arrogance being displayed towards Lecce."

The Salentini now have just 24 points from 32 matches and are desperate to start picking up some results in their bid to avoid being sent back down to Serie

Comment

• If he does come back, we will not know until June.

Serie A ends 31st May
                                ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                                THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Working...
                                X