De Canio Set To Return?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Funky View Post
    With Warnock I'd be amazed he has a great working relationship with Jordan.

Can anyone honestly see Flavio and Neil working together?
    Would it not just be a case of swapping one orange megalomaniac for another?
    A message to the other Premier League clubs when they visit Loftus Road.....

"NUESTRA GLORIA, VUESTRO INFIERNO"

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Comment

De Canio

LDC isn't the answer. His record without Vine & Buzz was very ordinary. Needs better English too. Nice bloke, sure, but it won't work. I think it'll happen though, which probably means another long and disappointing season.

Comment

Originally posted by Funky View Post
        With Warnock I'd be amazed he has a great working relationship with Jordan.

Can anyone honestly see Flavio and Neil working together?
        Lets hope not:horror:

Comment

LDC and Ainsworth, bang will go our improved defence

if this comes to pass it will be another year wasted. much as i liked LDC and his cute little waves.

We really should not mess about with this appointment, go and get warnock, if you cant get Warnock then get Jewell and then let them got on with the job.

Note, neither of these managers will come if Flav insists on making them promise to play 442
          its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Originally posted by PeterG View Post
            LDC and Ainsworth, bang will go our improved defence

if this comes to pass it will be another year wasted. much as i liked LDC and his cute little waves.

We really should not mess about with this appointment, go and get warnock, if you cant get Warnock then get Jewell and then let them got on with the job.

Note, neither of these managers will come if Flav insists on making them promise to play 442

Agree with all that, I also doubt Flav is demanding a 4-4-2 what he is demanding is entertaining attacking football otherwise don't take the job which is fair enough IMO!

Comment

Bang will go our good defence?

For the first 2 months he had the likes of Barker, Malcolm and Rehman.

18 months on these players have gelled. Ever occurred to anyone, that these players from to last Jan to last may, had only just got to know each other?

hence the long term contracts?
              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Hang on you have previously said the long term contracts were the only way we could sign them in the first place..

Sorry but I agree - good defensive principles will go out the window is LDC arrives.

LDC = no promotion.
                "Originally Posted by qblockpete
                QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
                Swansea will finish in bottom 6
                Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post

18 months on these players have gelled. Ever occurred to anyone, that these players from to last Jan to last may, had only just got to know each other?

Maybe but the appointment of 2 defensive minded coaches such as Dowie & Sousa have probably helped a lot more.

Do you really think Stewart would have looked this good this season under De Canio?

Comment

Originally posted by writtler View Post
                    Hang on you have previously said the long term contracts were the only way we could sign them in the first place..

Sorry but I agree - good defensive principles will go out the window is LDC arrives.

LDC = no promotion.

LDC= no fitness, no defence and therefore no chance.

He might be a favourite amongst the "suspects", but everyone else will be decidedly underwhelmed with his return.
                    QBP 20th August 2009..."To be fair, I'm glad we are top of the table (for agents fees). Shows we are not a selling club anymore."

Comment

Not according to our polls which is always a good indication.

84% backed Sousa when in charge, now a new manager is being sought out of top 6 managers in the betting.

DE canio had 42.5 %.

( just to add supporters had 6 choices)
                      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Clunge View Post
                        LDC= no fitness, no defence and therefore no chance.

He might be a favourite amongst the "suspects", but everyone else will be decidedly underwhelmed with his return.

Isn't John Harbin responsible for the player's "Fitness" ?

Would our improved back line forget how to defend, just because a new manager, whoever that may be, arrive ?

Personally, I would rather not get promoted than watch tactics such as a Claude Davis form of defence every week.

Comment

Not according to our polls which is always a good indication.

84% backed Sousa when in charge, now a new manager is being sought out of top 6 managers in the betting.

DE canio had 42.5 %.

( just to add supporters had 6 choices)
                          Not being funny Pete WATRB posters are not representative of QPR fans...why don't you get all the messageboards together and run simultaneous votes.

Sounds to me like your trying push the idea onto us...is that you Gianni

Comment

In fairness, under De Canio...

Pre FA Cup tie with Chelsea...

Conceeded 14 goals in 17 games = 1.21 goals per game.

After, and including Chelsea game (once Connolly, Hall etc were signed)

Conceeded 29 goals in 21 games = 1.38 goals per game.

De Canio COULD mess our defence up, big time mate.
                            HisRecord at Lecce is shocking defensively.
                            Your mum would love me...

Comment

[I]Not being funny Pete WATRB posters are not representative of QPR fans...

They were last week, when it suited

Seriously, actually thought Stewart was good last season, but take your point.

Though Rehman actually played quite welcome under LDC.

I'd rather be entertained, then watch a drab goal less draw.

I'm guessing the crowds will go back up as well

Comment

Already said for getting us out I'd prefer Keane or Warnock, but to be honest Leece are rubbish anyway.

If indeed, the club decide to go down this route.

LDC will know more this around, will have Ainsworth and no doubt will get a defensive coach in.

Comment

Working...
                                X