Player targets.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Player targets.......

Anyone know of any targets we have for the new season?Pete,scott,insideman,morris? In my opinion we need a left back and a couple of decent strikers.

Waiting for the new man to come in so he can buy who he wants. No interference from Flavio and Paladini.

Let the new man choose who he wants and then Paladini can secure the deal.
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

McIntyre on BBC said that we would be signing Jordan Tabor from Chelsea (young left back) - who is in the reserve squad so this has come true. We are supposedly interested in Bischoff from Arsenal (young holding midfielder) - apparently will be going with the club to Bahrain.

Other rumours have been Dele Adebola and Simon Cox through various newspaper and websites.

I agree the new manager should choose but the only problem with waiting is that we will need to move quick to line up some of the deals. Available Bosmans will get snapped up pretty quickly as do the ones who are worth signing.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
        McIntyre on BBC said that we would be signing Jordan Tabor from Chelsea (young left back) - who is in the reserve squad so this has come true. We are supposedly interested in Bischoff from Arsenal (young holding midfielder) - apparently will be going with the club to Bahrain.

Other rumours have been Dele Adebola and Simon Cox through various newspaper and websites.

I agree the new manager should choose but the only problem with waiting is that we will need to move quick to line up some of the deals. Available Bosmans will get snapped up pretty quickly as do the ones who are worth signing.
        I seem to recall we had a problem previously in one of the transfer windows (can't remember which one but I think it was when we first tried to loan Chopra?) because players said they didn't want to join a side when they didn't know who the manager was going to be?

Surely we have to sort that out before players are picked up - so that gives us until 1st July at least to resolve the manager doesn't it?
        #standuptocancer
        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
          I seem to recall we had a problem previously in one of the transfer windows (can't remember which one but I think it was when we first tried to loan Chopra?) because players said they didn't want to join a side when they didn't know who the manager was going to be?

Surely we have to sort that out before players are picked up - so that gives us until 1st July at least to resolve the manager doesn't it?
          True but we did sign Ramage and Cerny before Dowie signed. If we are waiting till the end of the season to appoint a new manager when exactly will he assess the squad? If it isn't until the players come back from holiday we may find that the likes of Beckford, Lita, Adebola - whoever - have already joined other clubs because a new manager hasn't had time time to work out what he needs.

I don't want this situation and I would rather the manager be in control of who we sign but we don't want a summer of losing quality players to our rivals and be left with dross by the time a manager decides what he wants. Also we need players in for a full pre season rather than having a Gorkss situation when the player isn't fully fit on the first day of the new season.

Comment

Cox has scored more goals but would still prefer Hooper

Better all round play IMO
            Everyday Plumbers Bristol
            63 Sommerville Road, Bristol, BS7 9AD.
            0117 239 1217
            http://redlandplumbing.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
              True but we did sign Ramage and Cerny before Dowie signed. If we are waiting till the end of the season to appoint a new manager when exactly will he assess the squad? If it isn't until the players come back from holiday we may find that the likes of Beckford, Lita, Adebola - whoever - have already joined other clubs because a new manager hasn't had time time to work out what he needs.

I don't want this situation and I would rather the manager be in control of who we sign but we don't want a summer of losing quality players to our rivals and be left with dross by the time a manager decides what he wants. Also we need players in for a full pre season rather than having a Gorkss situation when the player isn't fully fit on the first day of the new season.
              Totally agree SirPie. If I remember rightly both Ramage and Cerny signed pre-contract agreements before the end of the season - in other words before De Canio dropped his little bombshell?
              #standuptocancer
              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Gary Hooper for me

Comment

Dele Adeobla
                  Bogdani
                  Pratley

not sure who else TBH mate

Comment

Originally posted by insideman View Post
                    Dele Adeobla
                    Bogdani
                    Pratley

not sure who else TBH mate
                    What a great name ;D
                    Under Les Ferdinand:
                    Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                    Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                    Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                    Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                    And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

wouldnt mind Com*****s from Cardiff.. quick LB who gets up and down the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoopaman View Post
                        wouldnt mind Com*****s from Cardiff.. quick LB who gets up and down the line.
                        he's got a pineapple on his head

Comment

Doubt many players have been targeted untill the new manager comes in at the end of the season, only a couple of names atm have been lined up, Adebola being one.

Comment

hasnt adebola already signed a pre-agreement contract with someone?

Comment

Originally posted by hhrangers View Post
                              hasnt adebola already signed a pre-agreement contract with someone?
                              I think thats Ade Akinbyi(or however you spell it)
                              Last edited by qprjames; 16-04-2009, 09:50 PM.
                              Now, Then, Forever
                              [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Comment

Working...
                              X