The underlying problem is that price hike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The underlying problem is that price hike

Last year's price hike took advantage of the spin that seemed to suggest we were looking for promotion this season. and that if that had happened, and we hadn't renewed, we could have missed out on ST's for the prem.

I think it was a bad move on our part to have agreed then to pay the higher prices for which in reality was still CCC football. I'm not being sarcastic, but can anyone tell me the names of any clubs that increased prices so dramatically on expectation of prem football the following season or in the near future?

As has been said before, in any business, investors produce the product first, and then charge for it. We as fans have been party to an unrealistic precedent which the club are still looking to exploit. No other prices for walkups and cat. games have been produced yet, why? As far as I'm aware, all other clubs have announced all prices, weeks ago?

The four year goalpost has been moved, to this year being the first of however many may be needed. I'm fairly convinced that if we had rushed to buy next year's ST's before the april deadline, the forthcoming ST prices for next season would have been at least 10% if not more.

Some people feel that this season's experience of injuries and non investment on backup and proven strikers was a letdown to what they had been expecting. next season's reality seems to suggest there may not be much spending, and coupled with the ongoing recession, would make others a bit more hesitant on renewing at high CCC levels.

A 5%? discount does not really convince people they're getting VFM. Why should we pay first for goods that have not been produced yet?

Tracy and her family amongst others were casualties of last year's rises, and I suspect the sensible option for some this year is to go some walkups, and maybe buy a half season ticket at xmas, with an overall emphasis on keeping spending down, not up. on the year before.

If there had been no price hike, and the board had said, be patient with us, there would have been no expectations, no booing, and not much reaction to managers coming and going. Because we would have been happy with a four year plan at affordable prices. Agree/disagree?

Steve, I cannot agree more.

I was saying to friends yours was the best question, on this board about asking Flavio a question.

Did he know that if he reduced ST prices by 20% most would be behind him?
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Working...
    X