Briatore Interview on Offish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
    We didn't sack Paulo. We terminated his contract.

Hmmm....any difference there?
    Yes if you sack someone you legally don't have to give a reason but you are at liberty to pay any severance pre agreed. If you terminate someones contract it is usually because they have broken the contract and therefore you are not at liberty to pay a severance fee - usually what happens is that the person admits to their wrongdoing or they argue it in court.

Comment

Originally posted by writtler View Post
      If he had given the bloke some decent forwards then maybe we could have played a more attacking style of football ffs..
      Ainsworth managed it on Monday, with pretty much the same squad of players available the week before against Palace
      #standuptocancer
      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

really good interview hopefully will change alot of peoples opinions on the guy

Comment

Interesting but lets be honest he ain't gonna say things on the offy that wouldn't go down well, would he?

Lets hope he really wants to achieve his original objectives, then I will be more than happy.
          I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Top bloke. He is a straight talker that upsets alot of people but I think he was right to highlight games against Ipswich and Charlton. It was clear to say that those 2 performances were just NOT acceptable. If it needed to be said about that awful 4 5 1 formation then so be it. I do however expect to see 2 new strikers because you could also say Sousa was forced into that formation due to a lack of quality strikers so he needs to give the new manager at least 5million IMHO
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I think he came across very well.
              Reading this, it does make sense.
              Maybe many of us have over reacted?

We shall see.

5% still won't mak me renew before the ond of may as I simply don't have the money.
              Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
                You can only play 4-4-2 if you have the players, and for large parts of the season we didn't have the strikers to do it. Our strikers are quite similar.

Do you think the boards at Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal suggest to the manager to play 4-4-2 when they're winning trophies playing 4-5-1?
                Exactly!
                The way Flavio speaks about 4-4-2 vs 4-5-1 actually tells he hasn´t got a clue what he is talking about (and that goes for some of the posters here at WATRB forum too....)
                Last edited by NorwegianRanger; 15-04-2009, 01:07 PM.

Comment

He wants your £££££££ season ticket sales not going too well!

Comment

I think hes answered his critics with that
                    Now, Then, Forever
                    [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by qprjames View Post
                      I think hes answered his critics with that
                      Don't get me wrong, I still think he's an egomaniac mentalist But, I think he's cleared a few things up and its a good interview
                      Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Actions speak louder than words,stump up some cash and buy us out of this poxy league

Comment

Originally posted by E4Hoop View Post
                          You lot must be kidding right?

Has anyone even read it...

As a Board, we spoke about wanting to see QPR play a more attacking, aggressive brand of football, in a 4-4-2 formation, and he promised us he would do that.

There were two incidents which disappointed us. When we beat Preston North End before Christmas, Paulo made six changes for the next match and we only drew at Charlton Athletic, who were bottom of the league.

And against Ipswich Town, he stuck to a 4-5-1 formation, when we were at home, and that is when we became very disappointed.

so not picking the players...
                          But telling him what formation to play! WTF?!
                          you ask us if we have even read it but your guilty of reading into it what you want to see imho E4hoop

he speaks of the boards preferred system and of a manager agreeing with this, but for the life of me i can't see where it mentions him TELLING him what system to play though

anyone who sees him sitting on the pit wall at F1 can see he is a 'hands on' manager/ owner and someone who likes to have huge input into the "projects" he gets involved with

a great interview and some insight into what is and is not happening behind the scenes
                          I don't care about morals 'cause the world's insane and we're all to blame anyway

Comment

Thats what he needs to do, communicate with the fans.

Puts to the bed him telling Sousa what team to pick.

versus Ipswich

Camp, played

Stewart was dropped

And we played one up front.

That was the most important game of the season.

Helgusson and Blackstock on the bench
                            ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by EYR View Post
                              Hes not picking the team just the formation right?
                              No. The board as a group want exciting attacking football. 451 is hardly the most outgoing attacking style. They werent getting what they or WE! wanted so Sousa went.
                              Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

But Rangered in Sousa's defence did he have good enough strikers? I think we all have to say is where we went wrong was in january when the board did NOT buy a striker.
                                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Working...
                                X