No announcement yet.

Briatore Interview on Offish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can only play 4-4-2 if you have the players, and for large parts of the season we didn't have the strikers to do it. Our strikers are quite similar.

Do you think the boards at Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal suggest to the manager to play 4-4-2 when they're winning trophies playing 4-5-1?
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
      "As a Board, we spoke about wanting to see QPR play a more attacking, aggressive brand of football, in a 4-4-2 formation, and he promised us he would do that."

Well, we all want that and under PS it was frigging dire at times..especially since Christmas. Must admit if I owned QPR I'd demand to see attacking positive footy. Albeit I'm not sure my nerves can take games like Monday week in, week out!
      Yep - and in his first interview Sousa promised us fast attacking football but under his rule I witnessed that once, away at Blackpool in the pouring rain.
      #standuptocancer
      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Seems fair enough-at least we know he is not going to walk away.Cleverly puts the onus back onto us by saying if we keep-up our support,they will continue to invest!!!

Comment

We didn't sack Paulo. We terminated his contract.

Hmmm....any difference there?

Comment

Good interview and sounds liek he IS enthusisatic and taking everything seriously. I think we are paying more than we should, however we are furtunate enough to havea club at all - and we are on the way forward as long as we all get behind the whole team and club. The more booing and moaning, the more we will fail

Comment

Originally posted by Funky View Post
              The man talks sense which is more than can be said for some of our supporters who wanted to protest last Monday

I just think some of our supporters should realise how far we have come in a very short space of time.

I'm glad Flavio has done the interview I hope we can move on now.

Sounded like he really liked LDC
              Who was actually considering protesting? I didn't know one person!

The club just need more dialogue with fans on various issues and then as a club we can continue to keep moving forward.

They need us and we need them.
              First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

You lot must be kidding right?

Has anyone even read it...

As a Board, we spoke about wanting to see QPR play a more attacking, aggressive brand of football, in a 4-4-2 formation, and he promised us he would do that.

There were two incidents which disappointed us. When we beat Preston North End before Christmas, Paulo made six changes for the next match and we only drew at Charlton Athletic, who were bottom of the league.

And against Ipswich Town, he stuck to a 4-5-1 formation, when we were at home, and that is when we became very disappointed.

so not picking the players...
                But telling him what formation to play! WTF?!

Comment

Agreed Mr Cox but some fans have been considering it I'm afraid.

Also Roman at Chelsea is very involved in team affairs he signed SWP and Shevva (cant spell his name) and is at the training ground most days.

Anyway a good interview from Flavio and I am really pleased that they listened and reduced the season ticket prices.

10% would of been better though.
                  http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

From what I can see he has said it all makes sense and he seems to know what he's about - but is the damage already caused irreversible? COuld have come out earlier and you wouldn't have the turmoil we have at the club now.

Comment

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
                      The club just need more dialogue with fans on various issues and then as a club we can continue to keep moving forward.

Of course you would not know anyone Coxy but thats because you attend games and those who were calling for a protest dont.

Comment

BTW everything apart from that I'm happy with!

Comment

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post

The last line: Exactly, QPR is the most complicated relationship ive ever had, but i cant get enough. They need us and we need them.
                          Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

If he had given the bloke some decent forwards then maybe we could have played a more attacking style of football ffs..
                            "Originally Posted by qblockpete
                            QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
                            Swansea will finish in bottom 6
                            Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

Originally posted by E4Hoop View Post
                              You lot must be kidding right?

Has anyone even read it...

As a Board, we spoke about wanting to see QPR play a more attacking, aggressive brand of football, in a 4-4-2 formation, and he promised us he would do that.

There were two incidents which disappointed us. When we beat Preston North End before Christmas, Paulo made six changes for the next match and we only drew at Charlton Athletic, who were bottom of the league.

And against Ipswich Town, he stuck to a 4-5-1 formation, when we were at home, and that is when we became very disappointed.

so not picking the players...
                              But telling him what formation to play! WTF?!
                              When you go for a job interview your bosses tell you what they want, if you want the job you tell them you will deliver, if you fail to deliver the shareholders will complain and the boss will act. Those are the facts of life, however you wish to spin it, we all want the same which is to win but for us old un's it's to win in the traditional Rangers way which = attractive, attacking football, not nil nil bore draws week in week out. Briaore may know nothing about football, but for a novice he got that bit right.
                              #standuptocancer
                              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Hes not picking the team just the formation right?

Comment

Working...
                                X