X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sirpiechucker
    replied
    Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
    Last post from me on this, as it gets tedious and rather boring.

not going to change anyone's view but

sirpiechucker

Check the league at the time and now tell me Ipswich game was not important.

I swear anyone who endured 9 games x 90minues of the most dire football I've seen for a long time, will view it the same way that I did. Too many followers and not enough supporters giving a true feeling on what they saw, in my view.

Anyway, no more ammuntion from me. This site should be renowned for other postiive things, which over the next 3-4 weeks you will see.

I've said over the last couple of days that Sousa is history - I've moved on and will back the next manager. I've never said once that the football was good or that I was happy with it. I'm not bothered about Sousa as an individual but do care about the way our board deals with their staff.

The season is 46 matches so arguably every match is as important as the next. We could have beaten Ipswich or lost 10-0 to them and it didn't mean the season was complete. We would have still had to won others matches and we could have still lost other matches we won but until we played Burnley we were still in with a shout of making the top 6. We lost, which means the points they won took us out of their reach.

Leave a comment:

• qblockpete
    replied
    did the two of you physically watch those 9 games? Please don't answer the question with another question.

I'm glad you enjoyed them. I didn't.

But anyway, we move on.

Leave a comment:

• MYU
    replied
    Originally posted by NorwegianRanger View Post
    Playing 4-5-1 means you can use 3 or more in attack when you have the ball. 4-5-1 means 5 in midfield when yoy DONīT have the ball!!!
    We never had men in the box did we???

Leave a comment:

• NorwegianRanger
    replied
    Playing 4-5-1 means you can use 3 or more in attack when you have the ball. 4-5-1 means 5 in midfield when yoy DONīT have the ball!!!

Leave a comment:

• E4Hoop
    replied
    we had 3 strikers

his preferred method for free flowing attacking football, was to play 1.
    still at it.

Leave a comment:

• BennyBoyRs
    replied
    Originally posted by baz View Post
    What a load of nonsense, what formation were Liverpool and Chelsea playing last night? what formation do Arsenal and Man U play most weeks? We have played 4-4-2 loads of times this season and been ruddy awful in all but Saturdays game and Birmingham (which was 10 men for most of it). The difference between Saturday and any other day was having balance across the side, a link player dropping off from the front (tarby 1st half / Vine 2nd Half) and nothing to play for. Take any one of Routledge, Lopez, Cook Helgusson out of that or not have a link player available and it would have been the same old dross
    Oh please...

You're comparing us to Manure and Liverpool.

Our midfield is nowhere near as great at attacking as theirs.

Leave a comment:

• qblockpete
    replied
    Last post from me on this, as it gets tedious and rather boring.

not going to change anyone's view but

sirpiechucker

Check the league at the time and now tell me Ipswich game was not important.

I swear anyone who endured 9 games x 90minues of the most dire football I've seen for a long time, will view it the same way that I did. Too many followers and not enough supporters giving a true feeling on what they saw, in my view.

Anyway, no more ammuntion from me. This site should be renowned for other postiive things, which over the next 3-4 weeks you will see.

Leave a comment:

• qblockpete
    replied
    we had 3 strikers

his preferred method for free flowing attacking football, was to play 1.

Leave a comment:

• NorwegianRanger
    replied
    Originally posted by baz View Post
    What a load of nonsense, what formation were Liverpool and Chelsea playing last night? what formation do Arsenal and Man U play most weeks? We have played 4-4-2 loads of times this season and been ruddy awful in all but Saturdays game and Birmingham (which was 10 men for most of it). The difference between Saturday and any other day was having balance across the side, a link player dropping off from the front (tarby 1st half / Vine 2nd Half) and nothing to play for. Take any one of Routledge, Lopez, Cook Helgusson out of that or not have a link player available and it would have been the same old dross
    Spot on mate!

Leave a comment:

• baz
    replied
    Originally posted by Youvebeenrangered! View Post
    No. The board as a group want exciting attacking football. 451 is hardly the most outgoing attacking style. They werent getting what they or WE! wanted so Sousa went.

Leave a comment:

• sirpiechucker
    replied
    That was the most important game of the season.
    Sorry I disagree. The most important game of the season was Burnley and we lost. If we had won and with them losing on Monday we would now just be three poinst off the play offs and the season wouldn't be over.

Ipswich were never a play off rival so losing to them didn't give them the impetus.

Leave a comment:

• NorwegianRanger
    replied
    Wouldīve liked to hear Sousaīs version too before making any conclusions....

Leave a comment:

• WeAreQPR12
    replied
    But Rangered in Sousa's defence did he have good enough strikers? I think we all have to say is where we went wrong was in january when the board did NOT buy a striker.

Leave a comment:

• Youvebeenrangered
    replied
    Originally posted by EYR View Post
    Hes not picking the team just the formation right?
    No. The board as a group want exciting attacking football. 451 is hardly the most outgoing attacking style. They werent getting what they or WE! wanted so Sousa went.

Leave a comment:

• qblockpete
    replied
    Thats what he needs to do, communicate with the fans.

Puts to the bed him telling Sousa what team to pick.

versus Ipswich

Camp, played

Stewart was dropped

And we played one up front.

That was the most important game of the season.

Helgusson and Blackstock on the bench

Leave a comment:

Working...
X