Perspective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perspective

We have just sold a player for a reported £2m.

Before Flavio etc took over we wouldn't have dreamed of our ever having a player worth that much. In fact we would have gone into administration and probably have ended up a league or two lower with little long term hope.

Instead we still have a decent squad containing the likes of Connolly, Gorkks, Faurlin and Buzsaky plus we have attracted some very good loan signings.

Yes things could have gone better and the owners have made some right mess ups but it just doesn't seem that bad to me overall.

Spot on.
    15 years in the wilderness will be a distant memory come Sunday 8th May 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post

Before Flavio etc took over we wouldn't have dreamed of our ever having a player worth that much. In fact we would have gone into administration and probably have ended up a league or two lower with little long term hope.

Instead we still have a decent squad containing the likes of Connolly, Gorkks, Faurlin and Buzsaky plus we have attracted some very good loan signings.

Yes things could have gone better and the owners have made some right mess ups but it just doesn't seem that bad to me overall.
      Well said that man! ;D
      My first game was boxing day 96 QPR 3-2 Norwich....yes we actually beat Norwich.

Comment

I remember having a chat in the pub a few years back and we tried to think of a player we had that anybody else would pay for. At a stretch we came up with a couple worth about £100,000 or so each. If we get say Priskin to add to Hill and Quashie then in a realistic world the scarifice of Routledge is understandable.
        RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

Well said fella, the reactions just lately are laughable and when the hard times really do fall on our club again, what will some be moaning about then ? Yes mistakes have been made but do some really want, being unable to pay wages, signing freebies that occassionally come off, playing Rochdale, Barnet, Macclesfield etc etc
          Whether we go up or not at least we still play other decent sides like our own in the Championship and unfortunately blame SKY and Premier league for the ever rising prices, needed to pay the ever rising players wages.
          Is it really a surprise so many teams are in financial bother, they are ALL chasing the dream but when clubs like Manure and Chelsea end up in so much debt, what chance the rest of us.
          Football is imploding and until someone has the guts to do something positive the gap will just get bigger and bigger and bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post

Didnt we sell Lee Cook to Fulham the season before the takeover for more than we got for Routledge?

Comment

not in their world it seems....

Comment

Originally posted by NewCrossHoop View Post
                Didnt we sell Lee Cook to Fulham the season before the takeover for more than we got for Routledge?
                And ****tu.

Comment

All very well , but it is the same board that has sold Routledge - and landed us with Pat Fitz and Hiedar - all on wages, two having to be offloaded as loans to two other clubs.These two being our strike force as well.So we bring them in give them long contracts and then loan them out...Not that great busniness( i think)

If however they spent the money on Routledge, which after paying Villa , paying agents and etc etc..how much is left for any sort of replacement.?

Hogan i hear you say( who i rate) was loaned out to Leeds we thought that much of him.

Comment

I choose to agree with you. Do also remember that Mahon and Rowlands were injured when we played like Real Madrid.

Comment

But i don't think we should be putting things into "Perspective".

The board are to blame for all this by promising promotion and a plan etc. But have sold one of our prize assets for a "Profit". If they want promotion this is not the way you go about it.

1 - You buy quality and keep hold of it.
                      2 - Build a team of TEAM players, not various loans
                      3 - Keep a manager for more then a week.

We currently have an ever changing starting XI of various buys & loans and various managers who come in and change everything.

Comment

Working...
                      X