Sad times at QPR.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad times at QPR.

I might be wrong and we may be on the verge of signing a plethora of decent players...but I very much doubt it.Two and a half years of false hopes fuelled by by hearsay,rumour and conjecture,fed to us by the Italian Honey Monster via the media and who does he sign ? Quashie and Hill - whoopee!!Even the players we have are confused by their roles in this pantomime of a club.

Here we are,waiting with baited breath for something that probably won't happen.I've never known a board of directors of a football club to be so out of touch with its fan-base.

Fortunately having supported the R's for 58 years,I've been priviledged to watch most of our great players from the past and witnessed some fabulous seasons of the last century including 66/67 and '76.John Hollins son Chris, winner of Strictly Come Dancing (not that I watched it) agrees that the team of '76 that his dad played in and that finished runners up to Liverpool in the old 1st Division,were fantastic and were assembled at very little cost.

66/68 (the Marsh era)were arguably even better, being promoted from the 3rd Div to the 1st in successive seasons.In 66/67 we won the 3rd.by,I think,11 clear points from Middlesborouh with our goals For and Against tally(again from memory)of 103 For and 28 Against. In 67,as we all know,we also won the League Cup Final against WBA.Jim Gregory was the chairman and if FB had just 10% of Jim's enthusiasm,passion and integrity and the time he spared for the supporters,we would be a much better and respected team, with harmony running throughout the club and the feel-good factor would be back again.Ahh well ! at least I was there.

There are some on this board who have 'bought the Premiership' dream and are happy at selling are best players and replacing them with rubbish and feel content with signings like Hill and Quashie. Laughable.
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

more doom and gloom analysis,god knows how dead this forum will be if we start doing well again. I may have to step up my weather forecasts!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
        There are some on this board who have 'bought the Premiership' dream and are happy at selling are best players and replacing them with rubbish and feel content with signings like Hill and Quashie. Laughable.
        or maybe some are just sick of talking about the same thing over and over again......it gets boring...like getting up everyday with exactly the same routine.........

Comment

Originally posted by tim westwood View Post
          a myth the season from 2002-2004 when we were doing well I remember message boards very busy
          R U the real Tim Westwood?

Comment

cant believe anyone still has baited breath i gave up on that 3 transfer windows ago
            its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Working...
            X