Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WR £2m

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/boro-fc...4229-25661175/

BORO may have to play the waiting game over Queens Park Rangers winger Wayne Routledge.

It could be towards the very end of the month before Boro have a chance of making a breakthrough.

London sources claim that Boro have bid an initial £500,000 for the 25-year-old, with a further payment to follow in the summer.

But Rangers are holding out for an inflated figure of £2m.

This suggests that late January is the time when things could move - if at all.

Routledge has a fine pedigree, having played Premier League football for Crystal Palace, Spurs and Aston Villa, before joining Rangers last January for £600,000.

The Boro boss is hoping to bring in Routledge and two others by February 1.

Only would Rangers promise to get us to the Prem by selling a prized asset to a rival promotion candidate without a direct replacement lined up.
    Your mum would love me...

Comment

Worse thing is if he goes we won't have the time to find a replacement, unless of course we take in another loan who is likely to be focused on his future elsewhere, in Spain or the like!

Comment

I don't think £2m is inflated. Yes has not been as consistent this season but is a match winner. £5m would be inflated. If we sell would rather see £2m PLUS add ons if they get promoted, he plays certain number of games etc. See what other players go for he is genuinely one of the most exciting players outside Premiership and should attract a premium.

Personally think a move to Boro would be sideways at best. Apart from when visiting us Strachan has made a right mess of the job so far.

Comment

Gosh it gets worse! :(

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
            Worse thing is if he goes we won't have the time to find a replacement, unless of course we take in another loan who is likely to be focused on his future elsewhere, in Spain or the like!
            'IF' Wayne goes, we'll do what we did with the striker sittuation when we went for Hooper at the last minute, giving Scunny no chance of replacing him. That way, we'll get turned down but also look like we've actually tried to address the issue.

That way it gives strength to the 'but we made an offer and the club turned us down' arguement.

Comment

I hope he doesn't go..... if he goes.. I go

Comment

Depends on things we probably don't know about though?

Maybe he WANTS to leave QPR, badly? And has demanded a move, just to get out of the madness. That would be worrying.
                If he has, then we have to take every penny we can screw out of the buying club.

If he is happy to stay, and it's purely a financial thing... that's worrying too.

Yes, I do worry too much.
                Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

If hes adamant that he wants off, then let him go.

But not for a penny under 2 mill.

Comment

I question his attitudes when the going gets tough. And so I did when he came here as well. A brilliant player on his day but likely to fancy a move the other.
                    On the other hand, I can also understand why our top players in general are tired of carrying to much responsibility on their shoulders as far as the results are concerned.
                    Anyway, bottomline is; his transfer request was what I had expected from him.

Comment

Originally posted by shania View Post
                      I question his attitudes when the going gets tough. And so I did when he came here as well. A brilliant player on his day but likely to fancy a move the other.
                      On the other hand, I can also understand why our top players in general are tired of carrying to much responsibility on their shoulders as far as the results are concerned.
                      Anyway, bottomline is; his transfer request was what I had expected from him.
                      I agree he hasn't had a good game since the bad run started, when things were going well he was awesome but when needed to dig in and work hard he has sadly failed to perform! To be honest with Lee Cook coming back to fitness getting £2m for Routledge wouldn't be a bad thing! As long as that money is given to who ever the manager is going to be in the summer then I would be happy.

Comment

Maybe keep him till end of month, cookie can take left wing and then buzz or adel on right....bit more balanced maybe?

Comment

WELL

I AM SHOCKED that we are selling him but i was also shocked we sold blackstock,so its just confusing

Comment

Originally posted by ROUTLEDGE FOR ENGLAND View Post
                            I AM SHOCKED that we are selling him but i was also shocked we sold blackstock,so its just confusing
                            Can't you just change your name to Hall for England, then when he ****s off you can change to Stewart for Jamaica, then to Alberti for Italy...

...you get the picture.

Comment

Only possible positive I can see from this is it will allow us to play Buz on the right - he has been pants on the left and not lived up to expectations on the rare occasion he has been in the middle. We cd then have Tarabt on the left and two more combative midfielders in the centre (two of Quashie, Faulin and Legs).

One of the many downsides for me is, as night follows day, we will be told the Routledge fee was £2m, then it will come out via Boro sources that we only sold him for, say, £750k with some vague promise of more (if he wins 30 England caps or something ridiculous).

Remember how the Lee Camp fee and poss the Dexter one was spun as being for biggish money and then turned out to be much less. Call me cynical, but you get pretty used to spin around here...

Comment

Working...
                              X