Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very good post on LFW

http://www.clubfanzine.com/QPR/v2.fo...id_t=136432#10

Tut tut....posting links to other forums...anyone know a good legal advisor?
    QBP 20th August 2009..."To be fair, I'm glad we are top of the table (for agents fees). Shows we are not a selling club anymore."

Comment

I don't know about you, but in 1975, 1983 and 1992 I was furiously dreaming about watching quality players like Gavin Mahon, Gary Borrowdale, Peter Ramage and Damion Stewart strut their stuff.

Smacks of something conners would refer to......

Comment

ooops sorry Clungey, is there a law against it I don't know about or something. Not been joining in the fun for a while so must have missed that.
        Anyway, nice to hear from you. Ron's post is good don't you think?

Comment

Idle thoughts of an idle fellow

I have been thinking about Mr. Briatore's strange statement. Now I agree that we were hauled out of the mire, but there were some things that were said that need a bit of a challenge.

It wasn't so much the "£20 fans" nonsense that got to me the most, but this statement...

"Don't forget, QPR now have the kind of players they couldn't have dreamed of having before."

Many people have listed the greats that have graced the hoops but there are others the like of which we would give our right arms for now.

I have been watching Rangers since I was 8, in 1947, and have seen many great players. I do dream of having a striker like Brian Bedford again. Not a great player, but knew where the goal was.

Anyway my message for Mr. Briatore before you make stupid statements like the one above, just read your QPR history. Many of us can easily remember a time when we sent out an 11, 10 of whom were current international players, and the one that wasn't was Mick Leach. Yes Mr. Briatore I dream of having players like Micky Leach. Can you find one?

I also remember and England v Scotland International match where both captains were from Rangers, and an England team with 5 Rangers in it.

Rant over.

Just wanted to tell the "boss" that some people know a lot more about the history of this club than he does.

Like it.
          Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Originally posted by Goddard View Post
            "Don't forget, QPR now have the kind of players they couldn't have dreamed of having before."
            When he said this do you think it was possible that the "before" part he was referring to was actually before he started i.e. 3 years ago not 20 or 30? That's how I originally understood his words.

David

Comment

Originally posted by davidla80 View Post
              When he said this do you think it was possible that the "before" part he was referring to was actually before he started i.e. 3 years ago not 20 or 30? That's how I originally understood his words.

David
              Not my words... the poster on LFW said that.

I'm sure he'd take your point there, regarding that line.
              Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Goddard: sorry - badly cut and pasted by myself!
                Yes, they were words issued by the great man himself.
                I'm not a big fan of him but it seems to me that we are all so anti- him that everything he says is automatically given the most negative interpretation.
                David

Comment

Originally posted by davidla80 View Post
                  Goddard: sorry - badly cut and pasted by myself!
                  Yes, they were words issued by the great man himself.
                  I'm not a big fan of him but it seems to me that we are all so anti- him that everything he says is automatically given the most negative interpretation.
                  David
                  Yeh, I'm sure he didn't mean to refer to us as the £20 supporters. Must have been a hidden meaning to that one that wasnt so derogatory?
                  QBP 20th August 2009..."To be fair, I'm glad we are top of the table (for agents fees). Shows we are not a selling club anymore."

Comment

But I'm not talking about that (and I think he's wrong) - it was just that one point.
                    David

Comment

And I should add if he were to say that he was referring to QPR's history, then there have obviously been a lot of players who are way better (as my son would say) than anything we have signed in the last 29 months.
                      David

Comment

Working...
                      X