• Show
Clear All

• Tony Cascarino...

Ouch! :waaaht:

"Laughable".....

Cue: "Who cares what he thinks??"

Same goes for Danny's Baker and Kelly, I suppose. From their recent book:

"Queens Park Rangers
    In previous incarnations much admired for funky footballers like Stan Bowles and Rodney Marsh, now everything that's wrong with the modern game. The plaything of a cartel of choppered-in zillionaires who have tarted up the entrance lobby so it looks like a Russian knocking shop, while spending sweet ***** Adams on actual footballers
    "

And plenty of others. Rightly or wrongly... it's how QPR are SEEN.
    Or more to the point - how the owners are seen. Big difference, before people get all defensive about the slagging of QPR.
    Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Not much there you can disagree with really.

Comment

Come on Goddard, lets be positive. Didnt you hear? Someone shouted "you Rs" at the ressies game yesterday! It may/may not have been one of the first team as well!
      QBP 20th August 2009..."To be fair, I'm glad we are top of the table (for agents fees). Shows we are not a selling club anymore."

Comment

Just to quote him

"the fanfare regarding the takeover suggested they would be the new Chelsea or Man City in terms of spending but that hasn’t really materialised."

It's my only criticism of that piece - and of so much of the stuff coming out of the written and audio media.

Outside influences are the only ones to ever suggest this approach - and sadly it is where so many of the current expectations comes from - moneybags QPR is an over used cliche.

Beyond that however, little to argue with but much to regret.
        #standuptocancer
        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
          Not much there you can disagree with really.
          True :anger:
          Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

spot on imho......like fake ####.....look ok but rotten once clasped in the hands..........also our 'jumbo screen' is like the 'technika' of screens....cheap n tacky!!!
            you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by factamondo View Post
              spot on imho......like fake ####.....look ok but rotten once clasped in the hands..........also our 'jumbo screen' is like the 'technika' of screens....cheap n tacky!!!
              Loving that analogy Facto
              #standuptocancer
              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by factamondo View Post
                The fake ones I've held have been fine

Comment

"The way they have gone through managers must now severely impact on their ability to bring in any manager of any quality. No manager in their right mind would accept a job at QPR with the lack of faith shown by the club’s board. Stability is the key to growth at a club, some manager appointments don’t work out of course but they have to be given a chance and those who employ them must be accountable for hiring them in the first place.

QPR fans certainly don’t deserve what is happening to their club, the fanfare regarding the takeover suggested they would be the new Chelsea or Man City in terms of spending but that hasn’t really materialised. If the owners continue to illustrate their lack of knowledge of how a football club should be run, then for me, they won’t be promoted to the Premier League in the near future and in all honesty they deserve what they get."

Just to highlight, he's not having a go at QPR... just the owners.

Agree or not - it's how they are viewed by so many.

And it's a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                    The fake ones I've held have been fine
                    This sounds like a debate for off topic but give me real ones any day :devil:
                    #standuptocancer
                    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

He works in the media,bound to express his opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil View Post
                        He works in the media,bound to express his opinion.

Right.
                        Like a milkman has to deliver milk.

But is it semi-skimmed, full fat, or some of that nice yoghurt that Martine McCutcheon advertises?
                        She looks better without her moustache though.

Anyway, where was I??
                        Oh yeah.... He has to give an opinion, yes... but any thoughts on that opinion??

Comment

Working...
                        X