Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open letter to Flavio

Dear Flavio

I gather the club read fan messageboards and will no doubt have seen all the negativity directed towards you, Gianni and the club as a whole. This is not felt by all fans.

Before you joined we were in dire straights and facing administration. All we had to look forward to as a best case scenario was being a poor Championship/League One side. We had a few false dawns on new ownership but they never quite came off and we were living under the constant spectre of the ABC loan.

Whilst certain things could have gone better in terms of some of the PR and managers it makes me laugh when I see fans whinging about the club. You have financially stabilised the club, brought in potentially great sponsorship far beyond a club like ours should expect and brought onboard some other major players in Bernie and the Mittals. The subsidised squad has some extremely talented players who are good enough to get us into the play offs.

I feel the main issue is one of unrealistic expectations by elements of the fanbase. We are not Chelsea or Man City with big crowds and the extra revenue and opportunities that brings. We are a small club in West London with about 13,000 regular attendees hence the much talked about boutique club concept. The best way to manage the business is to get as much as possible out of those 13,000 and grow in time. That means investing in things such as C Club which whilst now may not be profitable could become very much so if we go up and become more fashionable.

Had there not been adverse PR issues such as the badly handled ticket price hike I do feel we would probably have another 2,000 on the average gate but that is done and in the past so no point people banging on about it.

On the manager side you chose extremely well in GG and were unlucky he had to return home for family reasons. I thought Sousa was a similarly inspired appointment and I was gutted an alternative to dismissal could not be found. We now have Big Mick and I hope he can be a stabilising influence for the remainder of this season and, if he does, into next and beyond.

I'm afraid you do not always come across as fan friendly which makes you and Gianni easy targets when bad things happen but you are big enough and ugly enough to accept that is part of being involved in any sport. You are bordering on God hood when things are going well and compared with the Devil when they are not.

I look to the long term and cannot help but feel we are in good hands and I look forward to supporting a well managed team on and off the field and hopefully watching us do the double over Chelsea sometime before I die!

In the meantime ignore those who choose to berate you. They will be the same people toasting your name when things come together.

Your friend

Foxy

Great read i could not have put it better myself glad to see some of us actualy think about what is and could be and not complete negativity the sad thing is the negative speak louder so well done for putting your foot forward. on a other note be prepaired to be shot down by some :devil:
    Dyslexic so please don't feel the need to correct my spelling mistakes as I really don't give a **** and before you say use spell checker if it is spelt right / wright but not in context spell check is useless

Comment

Well done Furtive, I mostly agree with you............ que all the dissenters lining up to have a go!

Comment

Working...
      X