too late for debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• too late for debate

on this forum. it struck me earlier when Scott - I think - posted a perfectly reasonable item asking if we shd sell Buz and buy Beckford. As an issue you cd argue it both ways; an interesting question, well put.

But it was also a pointless question. When the board apparently insists that Pellicori stays at the club and a manager - for all his faults - is ousted for simply trying to a) get rid of the dead wood b) impose discipline and c) in the meantime get the squad at least half fit, we have moved beyond the time for rational debate. The club is just too far gone, too mad. If Flavio and his defenders say "I want to keep Pellicori" I can no no longer argue, the case for the strker is simply non-existant.

This has consequences for this board. We can no longer have debates saying "why don't we sign Kitson?" or "why don't we play our top scorer?" because these are things that sane clubs do, but QPR is not a sane club and normal rules do not apply.

So when I heard that Pellicori was back training with Flavio's full backing I simply say "well, we clearly see things differently" and walk away.

I have got to a stage now where I don't know what to believe and what to ignore about QPR. The press seem to take half their stories from message boards and then message boards treat them as gospel. Half the people on message boards are on there for a wind up or just to have digs at certain posters. We also keep being told that this board represents this point of view ans that board represents that point of view, where in reality everyone who cares about QPR has a slightly different point of view. Crazy world now.
    RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

SIAL

Hart was rumoured to want to get rid of 6 players, this would have represented a catastrophic failing of our DOF. Much attention has now turned to Briatore on Harts sacking but this is a complete diversion on the real reaso. Did you not hear about the conversations on Talk Sport relating to this, without a shadow of a doubt Harts departure was related to Paladini *and worst of probably so was his appoitment).

Comment

Well theres no smoke without fire, I think what we should do is just accept that MH is manager now until the end of the season and there probably won't be any signings now as things have changed, so lets see how well we can do with what we have.

There are obvisouly reasons as to whats going on behind closed doors so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Comment

it is a very good question & TBH i just can't get my head around why we still have players here that are totally inept & we don't go all the way to sign top quality players who we all know will do the business for our club

we have between 7 - 10 players who are just not good enough (mostly, if not all of them down to GP) a decent manager / DOF would swap that lot for the 3 or 4 top quality players who would make us a challenging team & it would cost roughly the same in wages, it's a no brainer if you ask me

Comment

Originally posted by pkloft View Post
            it is a very good question & TBH i just can't get my head around why we still have players here that are totally inept & we don't go all the way to sign top quality players who we all know will do the business for our club

we have between 7 - 10 players who are just not good enough (mostly, if not all of them down to GP) a decent manager / DOF would swap that lot for the 3 or 4 top quality players who would make us a challenging team & it would cost roughly the same in wages, it's a no brainer if you ask me
            They won't leave though, I can't help thinking that the only way we will get rid of most of them is to pay their contacts up???

Comment

W12 I don't have insider information so cannot assess but I see what you are saying. To any rational person there needs to be a clear out. Before we were told that the reason the dead wood wasn't got rid of was because no one wanted them, but then it emerged that Bristol City - amazingly - were after Hall and Agyman etc was wanted. It seemed like Christmas: surely this wd free up the wages - even if it didn't bring much in to the club in the way of transfers - to bring in fewer but better players. Now it looks that all the old lumps are staying. Even Flavio's lumps.
              As you say it does seem very hard to see why we wd keep hold of Agyman etc if it were not for the reasons you suggest. V worrying. Have often supported Paladini in the past but agree with you he has to go now, or at least be booted into an honourary position.

Comment

Working...
              X