Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Is How I Genuinely See It..Take It As You Will

The Players

Sometimes, certainly in public you act like you have won the league, FA CUP and Champions League rolled into one> I have seen at close hand, that some believe they have a divine right to be footballers and don't take playing for this club, as a priveilige more a job. Experience from the Player of The Year LSA Christmas evening and Sponsors Night, show that you are simply disinterested in the way supporters feel about you. If you matched your ability with a bit of passion and pride, we would certainly be in contention for an automatic push and not stuck in mid-table. To a degree the club has helped put you in this position flying you to games, when the run of the mill coach would do, being invited to Flavio;s Billionaires club and being given expensive gifts, only heighten how well off you are, compared to other championship players. Its become far too comfortable and i would imagine a manager like Magilton got really up your noses, because he probably felt that how could play like you did against Derby, than when the chips are down, play the way you did against Boro and Watford?? This club had far inefrior players 5 years ago, but played with a bit of pride that easily maintained our position in the championship, yet 5 years on we are not better off on the pitch. I have not seen all season a 50-50 challenge, sweat and tears for this club. I've seen alot of flair, when things going well plenty of confidence, but when the chips are down, alot of sulking and blaming everyone else apart from yourselves. Stop feeling sorry for yourselves, play for the badge, play for the fans.. The fans are not behind you, because more than half the time they can see non-triers and when we have been unluckily behind after playing well, I have not witnessed the booing from the fans at all.

Gianni Paladini Players like Pellicori or Alberti should never be near this great club, its also wrong to give players like Ageymnag and Hall long term contracts, no wonder they don;t want to move on. I know we've had some great buys in Buzsacky, Vine, Routledge and connolly, but by having players on 3-4 year deals it does not allow us any leeway. I appreciate that getting loans in like Tarrabt, Simpson and Watson muct be hard work, but their comes a time when the manager should have sole right on what players come in. The biggest problem I have is being linked with players like Folan at Hull City, who did not pull up any trees at Middlesborough when on loan, yet if he was fit he would be in a QPR shirt. That is not right. I can understand the financial constraints, but we now need a manager who solely comes to you with suggestions and you see if the deal can be done.. I know this happens in most cases, but it should be in every case. I will defend you, because I know the work and effort you put into this club 24-7, you put more into this club on a day to day basis than anyone associated with it, but we are not making any progress on the pitch and any kind of change is worthy of consideration. Any fan would know the deadwood we have and its up to you to get rid of them, these players are on juicy contracts and they need to stop having the shoulder around them attitude, but more of a more up your socks attitude and a rollicking from time to time, otherwise we are not going anywhere.

The Board I am sure Flavio has learn;'t now that interferring is not the way forward, but you need to get in a top manager, leave him alone, let him decide team selection and if we lose or draw a couple don't listen to the inevitable groans from fans about change. I understand that running this club, means that you need to have you finger on the pulse 24-7 on what is going on, but you need to be more in touch with the fans. When you speak of boutiques and £20 fans, you are distancing yourself more from the fans, at the moment, they are all you have got. You may have dreams of turning us into a private club in the future, but we are your bread and butter, without us you have nothing in the world of football. fans are turning away, we are becoming a laughing stock, because we are not being run properly. We are mainly working class supporters, who don't want to hear dreams of Champions League, we want affordable football where everyone on that match-day will give everything for us..the fans.. We have tried to get out of this league on the cheap, though QPR in terms of players wages we are probably in a league of our own in the championship, maybe you should tell some of the players to start earning it. When this board came in and with the backing of Bernie Ecclestone and Mr Mittal, we were all excited. The dream has turned into a nightmare, you cannot allienate your fan base and that is what is happening. I appreciate that crowds are low and the revenue stream is not high, but you need to pull our much more in your reserve to pull us out of this quagmire. Fairly or unfairly the buck stops with the owner and if we are not getting success on the pitch it will in the end in tears for all concerned. We need to be together, at this time we could not be further apart

The FANS Okay in many respects, we feel we have been shafted, change of kit, change of badge, paid more and where are we 2 and half years down the line..mid table?? We are not looking over our shoulder concerning administration, but sometimes we do act very spoilt.

This season, we've booed winning team, boo players and direct verbal obscenties directly in players faces. What good does this do?? I'm not sure I would want to play in front of fans like us sometimes and Loftus Road is becoming an uncomfortable place to be. We are not exampt from blame, because we ask for stability, at the same time if we lose a game, we go straight onto messagebaords to vent our frustrations or finger point and boo at the very people we ask beforehand to stay with us. Modern day football has changed from the days of the eighties, its a big dent in our pay packets and when things are not going well, the only way in many cases to apportion blame is to point at someone else.

This season promised so much, I for one see the light at the end of the tunnel after the departure of Paul Hart. One thing is for sure, it cannot go on like it is. We show a knee jerk reaction to one game, and change players because someone played badly. You get no cohesion, if you do not play the same team. It also leads to an unhappy playing camp, if players are dropped after one game. The best success we had this season, was when we knew beforehand what the team would be. We must think seriously longand hard about the next managerial appointment, he needs to be charismatic in my view, with plenty of experience. the appointment of Paul Hart was a shocking one and whoever made that decision, needs to take a hard look at themselves. It was never going to get the fans behind the team. We all know the board cannot be blamed for the dressing room row that lead to magilton being sacked, but next time as in this instance take your time in finding the right successor, as make the same mistakes again you won't have many fans supporting you and that is very dangerous for the long term stability of this football club
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

A very good post pete

Comment

Nice...but

Briatore OUT
      Paladini OUT

We want our QPR back.

Comment

i would say that pretty much sums it up!

Comment

In regards to briatore, be careful what you wish.

Been down that road with Thomson
          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Some good points most of which I agree with.

Players, we need a clear out get rid of the deadwood and get in some decent new players. Stop loaning everyone in sight.

I however think GP has to go there can be no DoF at this club.

The fans need to stop booing but this starts from the top, bring a decent manager in and back him and the fans will give him time and have more patience bringin crap and it's an disaster waiting to happen! The booing after the win though was just ridiculous no excusing that!

But what I would say is I think it's very strange that you see Hart's departure as light at the end of the tunnel as though Flavio and co suddeny wised up and sacked him and are going to start working in a different way when it seems clear it was the opposite, Hart found out how this club really works got the hump (understandably) and chose to leave. There is nothing there to suggest the future is going to be any rosier yet!

Comment

fair play, i agree with quite a bit of that, though you could have been a tad more radical in your opinions in areas.

Comment

Agree with most of that. The only irony I feel is that the few players who do put in 100% are the ones who get most stick they being Ledge, Ramage and Mahon. Not the most technically gifted always but give their all.

Things are not that bad despite the current circus feel. All we really need is a change in attitude up top and we could do really well and push on. Look at some teams such as Watford who are on the brink. Now they have real problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprocket View Post
                  Nice...but

Briatore OUT
                  Paladini OUT

We want our QPR back.
                  and what exactly is our QPR because i have been going for 30 years and am not sure what you mean...surviving on a shoe string selling our best player every other season to cover the massive losses..there are a lot of rose tinted spectacles out there!

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                    In regards to briatore, be careful what you wish.

Been down that road with Thomson
                    Yup so we have - but we survived and we will survive long after Briatore is gone.

Comment

I agree with everything you have said here Pete. Tell us honestly, do you think Palladini and Briatore have the temperament to actually be calm and take well-meant criticism, or do they go off on one and just wield the axe every time someone disagrees with them.

What you have said is great, but what chance of it actually happening?

Comment

Pete, while you're being all open and "cards on the table", a simple, straight question:

Do you think that QPR should have a Director of Football?? (GP, or anyone)

Or a manager in sole charge of the football side of the operation, of course within a pre-set budget??
                        Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

You must have far too much time on your hands Pete!... Good post though mate!

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                            and what exactly is our QPR because i have been going for 30 years and am not sure what you mean...surviving on a shoe string selling our best player every other season to cover the massive losses..there are a lot of rose tinted spectacles out there!
                            Listen I understand the realities of it all but I much preferred the "surviving on a shoe string selling our best player every other season" QPR to the "complete shambles/laughing stock" QPR.

we all want QPR to be successful but you need to stand for something. Look at Wimbeldon AFC. Those boys stuck it to the MK Franchise and are pretty close to getting back into FL. Respect.

Comment

I am most definately NOT spoilt Pete.
                              I am just effing sick of my club being a laughing stock. I'm fed up not being able to afford a season ticket anymore. fed up travelling effing hours to see a ****e team with its 10th manager in god knows how many months.
                              Fed up with the fact we've seen the club badge change, Jude gone, the absurd C Club and "boutique" football. The increase in ticket prices, same old ****e stadium facilities and right wing para military style buffoons acting as stewards.
                              I've done my time outside the Prem. As we all have. When we were poor and **** and still better than we were now. Joining the Oldham Supporters Club online to get tickets for the Play-off Semi. Sitting in the pooring rain in an effing cow shed on a friday evening while Southend smash 5 goals past us. And yet I still love my club and i always have. I live in Dover and QPR fans are far and few between here but i have always been proud to support QPR as my dad and grandad did. Bush born and raised the pair of them. My son is a R. But now i'm embarrassed by the way the club is being run. We are a laughing stock in football. We a bigger laugh than effing Big Brother.
                              So i am not spoilt. i am just angry and have had enough of the lies. I don't boo. i don't shout abuse but i feel the amount of money i spend i have the right to express my views on this very good mb.
                              It does not mean we are spoilt. Every club. Every team has fans who moan and whinge online before and after games. That is the nature of the game. That is life.
                              The board and then the players need to sort their **** out and start doing the right thing.
                              Asking fans to start taking a responsibilty for the mess we are in is effing insulting.
                              I myself don't always agree with what people post here but they are entitled to their opinion. Glass houses mate.
                              Sorry.. not been posting long and don't mean to offend anyone but needed saying.

Up the Rs.

Comment

Working...
                              X