Wise could actually be good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wise could actually be good

Good record at Millwall including an FA Cup Final. Was doing the business at Leeds. Profile is of an up and coming coach which surely realistically we should be aiming for in the absence of the likes of Sir Alex coming! Former international and great club record.

If we could forget his Chelscum roots what other objections are there?

Would love Gareth to be kept on as assistant. Would be my only concern assuming he wanted Gus back on side. That said Poyet has always come across as knowledgeable and generally intelligent. A good combination.

Of course all speculation at this stage. Flavio may fancy a crack himself!

He also had Swindon top of the league before going to Leeds so overall his track record is excellent. I personally couldn't give a toss about his Chelsea roots if he was the right man for the job. Whether he is remains to be seen though... was very surprised that he took a back seat at Newcastle when cutting his teeth as a manager. He probably thought if and when Keegan goes he'd get his chance with them in the Prem, alas all that happened after catagorically ruled that out when keegan left early and the fans blamed him...hello!

If he got the job i owuld potentially consider a coaching role for Ainsworth, but think his assistant would need to be Poyet as they seem to work best when in combination.

Comment

I suppose he is rearing to do some proper work after doing b*gger all at Newcastle...
      Banning people is no longer my hobby,
      but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
        Good record at Millwall including an FA Cup Final. Was doing the business at Leeds. Profile is of an up and coming coach which surely realistically we should be aiming for in the absence of the likes of Sir Alex coming! Former international and great club record.

If we could forget his Chelscum roots what other objections are there
        At last some sense!

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post

If we could forget his Chelscum roots what other objections are there?

Would love Gareth to be kept on as assistant. Would be my only concern assuming he wanted Gus back on side. That said Poyet has always come across as knowledgeable and generally intelligent. A good combination.

Of course all speculation at this stage. Flavio may fancy a crack himself!
          Agreed. We've had so many Chelsea players play for us through the years, which nobody cared about when they were doing the business for us. Only a few days ago people were saying that Paul Furlong could still do it for us.

If Wise comes here not only would he get my full backing but at the same time i think he'll be a success.

Comment

SirPie I think your barmy. I can't see that players have respect for the poisioned dwarf. You cannot ignore his past as it will have an effect between players and manager. I would be suprised if he was wanted by many. I don't want him thats for sure.
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
              SirPie I think your barmy. I can't see that players have respect for the poisioned dwarf. You cannot ignore his past as it will have an effect between players and manager. I would be suprised if he was wanted by many. I don't want him thats for sure.
              How many of the players are QPR. What I mean by that are which players are genuine QPR players who wouldn't want the connection? Cook and who else?

The problem with Wise would be that the moment he does badly people will use his Chelsea past against him. When he is successful nobody will care.

Its the same when we sign any Watford, Brentford, Fulham or Chelsea player. Sinclair and Sahar were booed because they were Chelsea players who weren't successful for us while Mancienne was adored because he was great for us.

Comment

Why won't the players respect Wise? ...he's represented his country and won honours at the top level for his club? ....he's managed Millwall, Swindon and Leeds and done well the players obviously done the business for him at those clubs! ...didn't he also take Beckford to Leeds? ...a player many have been banging on about on here all season ....maybe he'd bring Beckford to the Rangers if he got the job?

Comment

i dont think it would be all that bad if we got wise
                  WE ARE QPR

Comment

You really do talk a load of nonsense jeeeeeezzz!

How would his past have an effect on the current crop of players? please enlighten us all on your grand statement?

Can't wait for this...:what:

Comment

Working...
                    X