Put your money on wise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Q.P.AARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH View Post
    Hey KLR, i think that that is the way Briatore wants it, maybe he will change his mind but who would you rather have choosing players, Terry or Gianni??

Know who i would like.
    Neither.
    Those who think we have any genuine chance of promotion under this current farce of a set up are living in cloud cuckoo land IMO.
    And how long realistically is Dennis wise et al going to be given to achieve Promotion ??! I dont see him being given any longer than 1 season at the very very maximum. And then where do we go ? Back to square one!
    I just dont think that talk of Promotion is even something that is vaguely realistic at this moment in time, the current structure & set up of the club is not that of a Promotion contender, simple as that.

Comment

Wise is a thug full stop.

1994: Chelsea manager Glenn Hoddle strips Wise of the captaincy after he is sent off for foul and abusive language at Newcastle.

1995: Wise is jailed for three months for an assault on a taxi driver and due to this misses out on selection for Euro 96.

1999: April - Wise is charged with biting the arm of Real Mallorca defender Elena Marcelino in the second half of Cup Winners' Cup semi-final first-leg 1-1 draw at Stamford Bridge.

2000: February - Charged with misconduct by the FA following an alleged confrontation in the tunnel after the 3-1 defeat of Wimbledon at Stamford Bridge.
      April 13 - Fined £7,500 by FA for his part in tunnel bust-up.

2002: July - Sent home from Leicester's Finland pre-season training camp after a "breach of club discipline" when he breaks the jaw of team-mate Callum Davidson.
      October 18 - Sent off - the 13th red card of his career - just four minutes after bringing himself on against Sheffield United for two-footed lunge at Chris Armstrong.

2004: February - Charged with abusive behaviour by the FA after launching a tirade at referee Frazer Stretton following a 2-1 defeat at Sheffield United which was marred by a mass brawl.
      April 14 - Fined £3,000 and warned as to his future conduct by FA for his abuse towards referee Frazer Stretton in February.

2007: February 9 - Denies a Football Association charge of improper conduct after being ordered to leave the technical area during Leeds' Coca-Cola Championship defeat by West Brom at Elland Road on January 20.

On second thoughts, he seems like a nice bloke.

Comment

Originally posted by KLR View Post
        Neither.
        Those who think we have any genuine chance of promotion under this current farce of a set up are living in cloud cuckoo land IMO.
        And how long realistically is Dennis wise et al going to be given to achieve Promotion ??! I dont see him being given any longer than 1 season at the very very maximum. And then where do we go ? Back to square one!
        I just dont think that talk of Promotion is even something that is vaguely realistic at this moment in time, the current structure & set up of the club is not that of a Promotion contender, simple as that.

Do you honestly not think that if we had Vine, Buz and latterly Rowly we would have had a chance of the play off's this year?

I honestly think with those three in the team, somewhere we would have picked up an extra 6 - 9 points along the way to take us into the play off's.

Comment

Originally posted by Archie Mitchell View Post
          Wise is a thug full stop.

1994: Chelsea manager Glenn Hoddle strips Wise of the captaincy after he is sent off for foul and abusive language at Newcastle.

1995: Wise is jailed for three months for an assault on a taxi driver and due to this misses out on selection for Euro 96.

1999: April - Wise is charged with biting the arm of Real Mallorca defender Elena Marcelino in the second half of Cup Winners' Cup semi-final first-leg 1-1 draw at Stamford Bridge.

2000: February - Charged with misconduct by the FA following an alleged confrontation in the tunnel after the 3-1 defeat of Wimbledon at Stamford Bridge.
          April 13 - Fined £7,500 by FA for his part in tunnel bust-up.

2002: July - Sent home from Leicester's Finland pre-season training camp after a "breach of club discipline" when he breaks the jaw of team-mate Callum Davidson.
          October 18 - Sent off - the 13th red card of his career - just four minutes after bringing himself on against Sheffield United for two-footed lunge at Chris Armstrong.

2004: February - Charged with abusive behaviour by the FA after launching a tirade at referee Frazer Stretton following a 2-1 defeat at Sheffield United which was marred by a mass brawl.
          April 14 - Fined £3,000 and warned as to his future conduct by FA for his abuse towards referee Frazer Stretton in February.

2007: February 9 - Denies a Football Association charge of improper conduct after being ordered to leave the technical area during Leeds' Coca-Cola Championship defeat by West Brom at Elland Road on January 20.

On second thoughts, he seems like a nice bloke.
          Don't really care about his past or who he played/didn't play for ...if he manages us and we are playing well and near the top of the league as his teams were at Millwall, Swindon and Leeds that's all that matters.

Seems strange to me though as Flav obviously likes a Yes man and Wise certainly ain't that! ...Think he left Millwall after a bust up with the chairman? ...I'd give him 15 games next season before it all goes #### up with Flav!

Comment

Wise clearly has a temper problem, and Egham, my post was purely about that. It may have touched on some of his past teams - but my point was his temper. If he is made manager, he'll lose it with Flav or one of the players (I for one wouldn't be happy if he assaulted one of the players) and we'll be back to square one.

Comment

Wise clearly has a temper problem, and Egham, my post was purely about that. It may have touched on some of his past teams - but my point was his temper. If he is made manager, he'll lose it with Flav or one of the players (I for one wouldn't be happy if he assaulted one of the players) and we'll be back to square one.

I would be quite happy for him to give it Billy Big Spud to Damo, Stewpeas or Ledge.

Comment

Wise was undeniably a winner as a player, & as a manager he did very well at Millwall & Leeds; both "Big" "Volatile" clubs, he galvanised both clubs.
                Would he do the same at QPR ?? Well, in all honesty, I have to say I am dubious, & I think you have to be wary of someone who has just spent however many months it is, sitting in an office in Central London as Newcastles "Director Of Football"
                I am not sure if it would happen for Dennis Wise at QPR.

Comment

Originally posted by Q.P.AARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH View Post
                  I would be quite happy for him to give it Billy Big Spud to Damo, Stewpeas or Ledge.
                  Only if it was filmed and we could watch the KO afterwards.

Comment

he'll lose it with Flav
                    That's why I can't see him as our next manager!

Comment

To add to Venables. Fillery, Bridges, Wilkins etc by Nodge

You missed out Webb, Wickes and Walker (didn't rate him though). We had this discussion yesterday.
                      Last edited by kingo; 14-04-2009, 01:44 PM.
                      RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

Bookies seem to agree. vcbet.com;

Wise 4/5
                        deCanio 11/2
                        Ince 11/2
                        Keane 8/1
                        Ferguson 8/1

Comment

look,Briatore might be a fat arrogant git,but he is not a complete fool(i hope not anyway),if he gave the job to him,there would be a linch mob waiting for him.It would be the worst appointment in QPRs history.

Comment

Originally posted by matthew View Post
                            look,Briatore might be a fat arrogant git,but he is not a complete fool(i hope not anyway),if he gave the job to him,there would be a linch mob waiting for him.It would be the worst appointment in QPRs history.
                            look, no it wouldnt.

Comment

There would be a lynch mob though. I'll lead it.

Comment

Who gives a damn about his past FA charges, yeah like we're whiter than white of course.... lets ask the Chinese FFS!

AS for supposed ex R as no. 2.... well Wise would obvioulsy have to rubber stamp any choice, so most likely for me would be Gavin Pea**** who played with him at Chelsea and went on to become a QPR favourite also... no idea what he's up to now though????

Personally i think if you get Wise you need to get the Wise Poyet combo as they compliment each other it would appear and have great susccess together,

Comment

Working...
                                X