So who are the booers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by conners View Post
    The ironic thing is a lot of these idiots are now saying we are missing Mahon !!!!!

ironic or did the booing give him a gee up to prove a point.....unless you ask him you will never know.

when i played football we had an old school manager..told you how it was......we won the 11 a side...6 a side & 5 a side leagues in one season....so tough love can't be all bad.

Comment

jfish if it was something as superficial as kids football then obviously no... but this is their livelihood and I wouldn't be paying 30 quid to watch him play! If I had a child who was doing something uunethical in his career he would know what I thought... Would that make me a terrible parent or someone who cares and wants to show his view in the only way I can.

I just think some are always going to be more positive and some are going to be more negative.

BUT THESE SORTS OF THREADS DONT HELP!

Club has alienated the fans
      Players have alienated the fans
      The last thing we need are fans battling each other if this continues with certain fans judging others then we move further away from the community like QPR that I have fallen for

Comment

Originally posted by qpr_rich View Post
        I boo

and for your example about booing your kid etc... well if I had a kid and he/she was doing something unacceptable I would tell them... booing is letting out emotion that if the players had any guts would use to their advantage and turn them into cheers.

The ONE time I didn't boo was 2-1 win against Bristol City. Like I've said before winning means more to me than boutique football. But if we spent hard earned cash to be left disappointed you're saying we should just accept it?

At the end of the day we are in a rot but i pray we can soon turn it around but I genuinely don't think the booing has reduced their performances. And at the end of the day there would be far less booing if their performances werent as spineless. Answer me this - Do we ever win more aireal challenges and second balls? Haven't seen it in a very long team and our team isn't physically inept theyre just spineless and don't want it as much as the opposition.
        QPR rich, remind me to send social services around your place if you ever have a child.

I am not saying accept bad performances, but if you encourage someone that has made a mistake they ain't going to think "that must be a great mistake, let me repeat it", they will think, "i made a mistake but i still have the belief of the supporters. Let me try and repay their faith."

Comment

Originally posted by Quaz View Post
          ironic or did the booing give him a gee up to prove a point.....unless you ask him you will never know.

when i played football we had an old school manager..told you how it was......we won the 11 a side...6 a side & 5 a side leagues in one season....so tough love can't be all bad.
          Was the education good also ?

Comment

modfather, don't agree with a lot of what you have said (not all), however, I respect you for owning up. I would say, however, that in the modern football era, that you are going to find very few players that are proud to wear the QPR shirt or any other than Man Utd, Liverpool etc.

These guys have short careers and stay pretty much no place for more than 2 years.
            Stop blaming the fans Conners. You are like a broken record man! These are modern day professionals, not kids. Boo-hoo, little footbally player earning 1000's a week is having a hard time because he is playing shi te every week and those naughty fans are making loud horrible noises because they are spending their hard earned cash watching the dross.

If your customers aint happy find out why, change it and who knows they may clap.

For the record after 30 odd years service I do not go anymore as I can no longer afford it. Hard decsion but at the momment no regrets. Should I still be going I would not boo as like you I do not think it would be constructive. However, we differ as I would never dream of telling else not too. No damn right whatsoever to do this in my opinion. This is live entertainment. I have seen loads of bands over the years and many a time they have been rubbish and the crowd have let them know. What they are saying is this is rubbish and you have conned me.

I also think fans up and down the country are now waking up to the fact that they are being ripped off and will not accept it anymore. In our case 5700 for an FA Cup match, booing. It is a sign of non-acceptance. You accept it Conners.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Lofty View Post
              Stop blaming the fans Conners. You are like a broken record man! These are modern day professionals, not kids. Boo-hoo, little footbally player earning 1000's a week is having a hard time because he is playing shi te every week and those naughty fans are making loud horrible noises because they are spending their hard earned cash watching the dross.

If your customers aint happy find out why, change it and who knows they may clap.

For the record after 30 odd years service I do not go anymore as I can no longer afford it. Hard decsion but at the momment no regrets. Should I still be going I would not boo as like you I do not think it would be constructive. However, we differ as I would never dream of telling else not too. No damn right whatsoever to do this in my opinion. This is live entertainment. I have seen loads of bands over the years and many a time they have been rubbish and the crowd have let them know. What they are saying is this is rubbish and you have conned me.

I also think fans up and down the country are now waking up to the fact that they are being ripped off and will not accept it anymore. In our case 5700 for an FA Cup match, booing. It is a sign of non-acceptance. You accept it Conners.
              Mr Lofty. please explain how someone booing is a fan/supporter of QPR. If you ever played football as a kid you will recall how nice it was to hear the opposition start to argue amongst each other. It would give you a boost. QPR fans booing their own team gives the opposition a far bigger boost than it does the players that are representing our team. FACT

Comment

Ye you could say that but when I got injured and started jumping out of tackles like Lee Cook my dad 'had a word'... without that I'd have given up Sunday football long ago but now I'm a proud centre back who throws himself in... thank christ that I got 'booed'!!!!!!!!

Comment

Was the education good also ?
                  certainly was........tough love always worked when we were kids.....too soft today.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr_rich View Post
                    jfish if it was something as superficial as kids football then obviously no... but this is their livelihood and I wouldn't be paying 30 quid to watch him play! If I had a child who was doing something uunethical in his career he would know what I thought... Would that make me a terrible parent or someone who cares and wants to show his view in the only way I can.

I just think some are always going to be more positive and some are going to be more negative.

BUT THESE SORTS OF THREADS DONT HELP!

Club has alienated the fans
                    Players have alienated the fans
                    The last thing we need are fans battling each other if this continues with certain fans judging others then we move further away from the community like QPR that I have fallen for

Good come back, like it

Comment

Mr Lofty. please explain how someone booing is a fan/supporter of QPR. If you ever played football as a kid you will recall how nice it was to hear the opposition start to argue amongst each other. It would give you a boost. QPR fans booing their own team gives the opposition a far bigger boost than it does the players that are representing our team. FACT
                      Because they have paid their entrance fee just like you.

The problem is deep rooted now. We are talking about FANS who are fed up and are not prepared to accept it anymore. if these players, the management (if there is any) and the board are big enough, strong enough then they will roll their sleeves up and deal with it. If not, they are not good enough. We will now find out I guess.

Comment

At the end of the day we are all loyal fans who love our club

It really does take top quality *****s to lose so much faith and that's exactly what we've got.

It's not like we all want QPR to fail we all want to sing loudly and proudly but at this rate things have to change and that is undenable... some fans may choose to show that by writing on here, some may choose to do so by booing, and some may choose to do so by drinking so much they don't remember the game!!!

Comment

Who are the booers?

Booers are an Afrikaans speaking ethnic group in Southern Africa. They are mainly of northwestern European descent (mostly Dutch, German and French ancestry), but their native tongue is Afrikaans, a language closely related to Dutch.

Comment

these aren't kids tho are they, just leave it

every club has different types of supporters and they show there opinion in different ways. you have no right to say they can't do this as you are just a fan. give up

Comment

Working...
                            X