Bad signings or Bad environment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad signings or Bad environment?

Majority of QPR fans would have said that Parejo and Watson would have been fantastic signings for the club but both flopped. Signing a striker from Fiorentina should have been successful. Signing a player of Tomassi's pedigree should have also resulted in success.

And now fans are already writing off Kitson before he has even signed because they think he'll turn out like those before him.

What is it then? Bad signings? Or just a bad environment? Do good players with good backgrounds become bad players or are we just signing duff players?

Parejo in pre-season for Madrid looked like a star. Tomassi was a very good player. Ledesma had all the attributes as did De Carmine. Lopez had played at a higher level. As had Hall, Helguson and many others but why when we talk about the players who have been successes for QPR can we really only talk about 2 or 3 players?

Stability is what is lacking.No sooner do players start to play for a manager than he is sacked.
    We have players who have been signed by a combination of six or so managers,the sporting director,or in some cases,allegedly the chairman(Parejo)??
    How can the players be expected to gel or know each others style of play when there are so many constant changes??
    One week they are "building from the back"-the next they are playing more "direct".

Comment

i dnt think the environment is helping to be honest.with all the things that go on at the club these days it can help any player settle.havin a different manager every 6 months and havin the style of football changed wont help anyone.IMO i think we should be looking to sign players that are proven in this league signings like parejo,ledesma,di carmine and tomassi were huge risks which didnt pay off.
      "birch said he rated u btw luke, congrats"

Comment

The thing is the CCC is like no other league in the world.
        Being able to turn it on in Madrid or Serie B is no garuantee that you will be able to play in the CCC. Here you get no time to play, and will get kicked up in the air if you hold on to it.
        Not bad players, just the wrong players.

Comment

Originally posted by Pal View Post
          The thing is the CCC is like no other league in the world.
          Being able to turn it on in Madrid or Serie B is no garuantee that you will be able to play in the CCC. Here you get no time to play, and will get kicked up in the air if you hold on to it.
          Not bad players, just the wrong players.
          exactly wot i meant.here you havnt got time to pick out a pass and dwell on the ball.plus the picthes and weather aint what they are use to back home.

Comment

A lot of people were praising Hughes for signing Premiership experienced players but recently the likes of Zabaleta, Petrov and Garrido have shone under Mancini. That to me says a lot about the manager. It doesn't matter where you've come from or what nationality you are if you are good enough then you'll succeed. Parejo, Ledesma, De Carmine should have all succeeded. Why they didn't is the question I'm asking?!?

Comment

it is the manager alot of the time.ledesma didnt get much of a look in after a decent start.di carmine was played upfront on his own alot of the time and he isnt the type of player to hold the ball up and parejo isnt a center midfielder.its the same old thing with qpr,playing players out of position or not playing to there strengths.

Comment

Working...
              X